Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dmarvin

Z44 Torpedo Spammer

15 comments in this topic

[SMART]
Members
13 posts
13,793 battles

Hello,

I recently bought the Z44 for coal after deciding against the Pommern and Thunderer and do not regret the decision. The monster is a better torp boat than the Shima and I wish I had not passed on a discounted Benham during that event. I have a screen shot of captain skills, equipment, and a recent game. The games seem to be fairly consistent so long as I do not get jumped by a dd or radar.

The torpedoes are reloading in 65 seconds before AR, go 71 knots, and seem to be hard to dodge with my current build. I am planning on getting expert marksman to help with the turret traverse, but it does not seem to be necessary. I am thinking the Shim needs a buff to help with consistency...

image.thumb.png.4564a55b3ebb901727c91c3a61514013.pngimage.thumb.png.0045428208e2b4ef38ec5bb83746522c.pngimage.thumb.png.bfb965902b1c581ebc4fa26b91f734b8.png

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
2 minutes ago, Dmarvin said:

. The monster is a better torp boat than the Shima and I wish I had not passed on a discounted Benham during that event.

Shima is probably dead last in the torp ship ranks...

I'll check this ship out..

TY

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,265 posts

I just unlocked shima and it feels sluggish at best . Granted I haven't installed any upgrades to it, so here is hoping it comes around . The Z44 is def on my to get list .if it's anything like why you say it is, it should be a win-win .  I bought Pom and haven't regretted it. It's my good ole tankie FDG with an attitude. 

Edited by Versili

[SMART]
Members
13 posts
13,793 battles
40 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Shima is probably dead last in the torp ship ranks...

I'll check this ship out..

TY

Which is a shame because that is what the ship is about...

Maybe shorten the torp detection range? I know they had nerfed that stat years ago, but maybe they could undo it?

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
1 minute ago, Dmarvin said:

Which is a shame because that is what the ship is about...

Maybe shorten the torp detection range? I know they had nerfed that stat years ago, but maybe they could undo it?

Shorten the torp reload time... While keeping the torp detection range... The reload time is brutal.. If you're lucky, you'll get 7 full chances to attack... IF you fail then, ah well.

That to me is the real issue.. The shima has less attack opportunities with her ordnance then any other DD.

• Cool 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,703 posts
12,508 battles
1 hour ago, Dmarvin said:

Hello,

I recently bought the Z44 for coal after deciding against the Pommern and Thunderer and do not regret the decision. The monster is a better torp boat than the Shima and I wish I had not passed on a discounted Benham during that event. I have a screen shot of captain skills, equipment, and a recent game. The games seem to be fairly consistent so long as I do not get jumped by a dd or radar.

The torpedoes are reloading in 65 seconds before AR, go 71 knots, and seem to be hard to dodge with my current build. I am planning on getting expert marksman to help with the turret traverse, but it does not seem to be necessary. I am thinking the Shim needs a buff to help with consistency...

image.thumb.png.4564a55b3ebb901727c91c3a61514013.pngimage.thumb.png.0045428208e2b4ef38ec5bb83746522c.pngimage.thumb.png.bfb965902b1c581ebc4fa26b91f734b8.png

Oh come on.  Better than the shim because you have a faster reload?  Can it take out a yammy in one torpedo run?

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,703 posts
12,508 battles

New captain skills feel like it helps the Shim out.  I know the Z52 is a torpedo beast now with torpedo speed and reload.  I took it out got 1700 exp 140k dmg in a last-second loss.  We killed a ship with 2 seconds left and lost by 2 points.

[SMART]
Members
13 posts
13,793 battles
8 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

Oh come on.  Better than the shim because you have a faster reload?  Can it take out a yammy in one torpedo run?

It cannot, but I can hit targets far more consistantly and deal more damage in the long run. I use the 12km torps on my Shima, sometimes the 8km. I get better results with the Z44.

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

Z 44 has fast reload, but the torps themselves have poor characteristics including atrocious flood chance. It's the only coal ship I don't have and I have no plan to change that. It gets outgunned by basically everything too. Shima may have slow reload torps but they hit hard and the guns are actually strong

[PVE]
Members
7,561 posts
23,552 battles

KM DDs are already known for their fairly fast reloading torps...but here's the real question...

What's the Z44's detection compared to the Shima? If it's anything like the rest of the KM line it's nowhere near as good I'm guessing (although as a premium they may have buffed that stat... don't know).

The KM tree ships at least get hydro (& pretty good ranged hydro at that) to balance that out & the 44 doesn't get that...so just wondering if they gave it a detection buff (or a speed buff  or rudder shift buff in comparison to the rest of the KM line) to balance it out.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SMART]
Members
13 posts
13,793 battles

@IfYouSeeKhaos

The Z44 as I have it is 6.1, the shima is 5.4 I believe

[WAMMY]
Members
2,536 posts
14,165 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 11:53 AM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

KM DDs are already known for their fairly fast reloading torps...but here's the real question...

What's the Z44's detection compared to the Shima? If it's anything like the rest of the KM line it's nowhere near as good I'm guessing (although as a premium they may have buffed that stat... don't know).

The KM tree ships at least get hydro (& pretty good ranged hydro at that) to balance that out & the 44 doesn't get that...so just wondering if they gave it a detection buff (or a speed buff  or rudder shift buff in comparison to the rest of the KM line) to balance it out.

Hey

As Wargaming does with most everything German.............No love for you.  

Pete

[PVE]
Members
7,561 posts
23,552 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, Dmarvin said:

@IfYouSeeKhaos

The Z44 as I have it is 6.1, the shima is 5.4 I believe

Shima is close to that but not quite that good...5.5 I believe...

The only DDs that can be seen in T10 battles w/5.4 detection are the T8 Kagero sisters (including Harekaze & Asashio)...

& Gearing if you get a double strike w/Halsey...if you have the UU on it (5.6 or thereabouts by itself) when you get the double strike w/Halsey it can get down to 5.04 or there abouts.

But for purposes of this thread...yeah...Shima has the Z44 way out detected...but it's seen from the moon torps & read a book reloads have made it hard to get by for those that don't know how to get the most out of that 3rd rack by being able to predict where the maneuver is gonna be when the 1st 2 sets are spotted from the moon.

Main problem w/that is most just wanna use the white line & try to get the insta kill wall shot...and then they follow it up by smoking & shooting to try to start a fire 1st & let the target know they're there....pretty easy to dodge st that point.

W/the Z-52 at least your hydro can spot anything that detects you...the Z44 w/out it is kinda trolled actually...

But grats on being able to make it work for you.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,047 posts
18,594 battles
On 2/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

But grats on being able to make it work for you.

Most players are having trouble with the ship. It is dead last in WR and basement level in damage done.

It also has the lowest games played so it looks like few are even buying the boat.

Good to see somebody is enjoying it though.

[WAMMY]
Members
2,536 posts
14,165 battles
On 2/18/2021 at 4:53 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Most players are having trouble with the ship. It is dead last in WR and basement level in damage done.

It also has the lowest games played so it looks like few are even buying the boat.

Good to see somebody is enjoying it though.

Hey

And given the Z44 and the Hayate both have 12km torp range; maybe that would be a fair comparison.  Similar detection range but yet the guns of Hayate would smoke the Z44. and taken into account the torpedo damage versus reload, which boat would you take into battle?  Granted one is a T9 and the other a T10 but as wargaming tends to do.  A T10 German DD would get 15km torps, no hydro, torps would only do 6K damage each and a gun reload of 8 seconds and a detection of 8.5km with full concealment (joking, but sounds about right).   Let's face it Z-44 is garbage overall compared to every other T9 DD.

Pete

Sign in to follow this