You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Belfast_Maid

Ask for Midway skills

4 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
20 battles

So i just bought a Midway and i have the spare 14p commander on my Lexington before, should I focus on torp skills or bombers one? I heard some people said that the bombers skill work well when i have the legendary upgrade but i haven't bought it yet, and the torp skills only benefit on those that have high torp reduction like Yamy (tested with Yamy and Conqueror, though Yammy received more damage). And should I grind with Midway + perma camo? I was about to buy Massa and Mainz but i heard that the secondary BBs and cruisers are nerfed to unplayable. Here is my initial or base builds on CVs:

And plus more, the "Hidden Menace" and all the fighter skills are what for? I doubt anyone use them (maybe except for Enty for fighters memes).

image.thumb.png.1ac197355774d5d56011eb087028dc17.png

[NUWES]
Members
3,356 posts
12,076 battles
25 minutes ago, Belfast_Maid said:

So i just bought a Midway and i have the spare 14p commander on my Lexington before, should I focus on torp skills or bombers one? I heard some people said that the bombers skill work well when i have the legendary upgrade but i haven't bought it yet, and the torp skills only benefit on those that have high torp reduction like Yamy (tested with Yamy and Conqueror, though Yammy received more damage). And should I grind with Midway + perma camo? I was about to buy Massa and Mainz but i heard that the secondary BBs and cruisers are nerfed to unplayable. Here is my initial or base builds on CVs:

And plus more, the "Hidden Menace" and all the fighter skills are what for? I doubt anyone use them (maybe except for Enty for fighters memes).

image.thumb.png.1ac197355774d5d56011eb087028dc17.png

The build you have up there is fine based on everything I have found from CCs and other Midway players.

Do NOT use Hidden Menace, under any circumstances, on ANY CV.  The downside is pretty horrific. Not only does it slow your returning planes, which is bad enough, it apparently also slows the time your planes need to rise to altitude to escape AA which directly results in you losing a lot more planes. Do not take the skill. It's a trap. 

The 4 point torpedo skill  (Proximiy Fuse) is highly recommended for Midway (and pretty much all CVs with torpedoes) as is the 4 point Navigator Bombadier skills for bombers (particularly if you are using Midway's special upgrade). 

The fighter skills are most useful for Enterprise, particularly the 1 point skill, since she already has a powerful fighter consumable. Leveraging it further makes sense. The jury is out on whether any are useful for anyone else. 

Here's a link that I used for recommended builds. https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-recommended-builds-for-aircraft-carriers/

Members
2 posts
20 battles
19 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Midway in only 20 battles? That must be a record. Well done. 

tenor-23.gif

Alt acc on NA, my main acc is Asia my friend, i have 1 in EU too.