Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dimzzy

"New" steel camo

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

431
[-1]
Members
768 posts
10,852 battles
  • Permanent "Steel" camouflage that can be mounted on any Tier X ship was added. Permanent "Steel" camouflages for Yamato, Shimakaze and Des Moines will be automatically replaced with the new camouflage.

Is it still a 'sticky' camo that once used on a ship remains tied to that particular ship? I have a glimpse of hope that it could be used on multiple ships but I expect to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
424
[BUOY]
Members
1,168 posts
15,962 battles

Steel camos are / will be permaflages and as such once you pick the ship to go on it'll be stuck to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[NSEW]
Members
2,222 posts
11,747 battles
41 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Is it still a 'sticky' camo that once used on a ship remains tied to that particular ship? I have a glimpse of hope that it could be used on multiple ships but I expect to be wrong.

According to one of their staff during their official Twitch stream (Chrisantos - EU WG staff), his words were (not verbatim): "You will be able to use steel camos on all tier 10 ships, if you are lucky to have them".

This is quite clear that the steel camo can be used on other ships of Tier 10.  Going off of what have been said.  

I am still awaiting for WG to update the game to 'unlock' the camo to be able to be used for other ships.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[NSEW]
Members
2,222 posts
11,747 battles
1 minute ago, SerahKhan said:

Where does one get them ?

thx in advance

jean

You can get them for Steel.  At a price of 10,000 Steel.  Via Armory.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
913
[REVY]
Members
2,606 posts
14,186 battles
1 hour ago, dimzzy said:
  • Permanent "Steel" camouflage that can be mounted on any Tier X ship was added. Permanent "Steel" camouflages for Yamato, Shimakaze and Des Moines will be automatically replaced with the new camouflage.

Is it still a 'sticky' camo that once used on a ship remains tied to that particular ship? I have a glimpse of hope that it could be used on multiple ships but I expect to be wrong.

saw one the other day on a Montana in Ranked.

Honestly, it looked all shiny like it was covered in chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
574
[WOLF1]
Members
2,939 posts
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

You can get them for Steel.  At a price of 10,000 Steel.  Via Armory.

 

10k steel? that's crazy, unless it can be transferred to different ships, lol

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,732 posts
12,332 battles
51 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

saw one the other day on a Montana in Ranked.

Honestly, it looked all shiny like it was covered in chrome. 

That was a Silver camo Montana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
260
[MHG]
Members
365 posts
21,051 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

10k steel? that's crazy, unless it can be transferred to different ships, lol

They have already been selling steel camos for the Des Moines, Shimakaze and Yamato at 10k steel each since at least 6 months. The only change will be that instead of being available ONLY for these three ships, it will be a TX camo that you can attach to a SINGLE ship of YOUR choice. Anyone expecting that it can be mounted/demounted on multiple ships can prepare to be disappointed. I won't buy it as I think 10k steel is quite a bit, but given the above camos they have been selling for only one fixed ship at the same price, I don't think any other change is forthcoming apart from the fact that the ship it will mount on will be your choice.

image.thumb.png.55527a98b5f171d2492a2d4b5463a358.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
519
[NSEW]
Members
2,222 posts
11,747 battles
1 hour ago, OnociTsalk said:

The only change will be that instead of being available ONLY for these three ships, it will be a TX camo that you can attach to a SINGLE ship of YOUR choice. Anyone expecting that it can be mounted/demounted on multiple ships can prepare to be disappointed.

Clearly, these chaps at WG EU need to phrase their sentences better to prevent stuff like this.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×