You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Same as it ever was ...

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

I know that every test dealing with a new line of ships ... never has the new ships available for testing. 

But it still strikes me as a bit ironic that we're asked to test everything except the ships themselves ... 

It's even a feature :fish_palm:

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
23,038 posts
17,042 battles
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

we're asked to test everything except the ships themselves

It's no secret that the PTS is a debugging exercise. However, moving forward, it should also be a useful tool for testing out new builds in the rework skill tree before committing to them on the live server. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,306 posts

And so if the new ships are not tested by the public then there is no testing except in house. Thats not hard to do.

[BEA5T]
Members
539 posts
17,049 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's no secret that the PTS is a debugging exercise. However, moving forward, it should also be a useful tool for testing out new builds in the rework skill tree before committing to them on the live server. 

Even though I sort of agree that it would be good for the availability of at least some of the "future" ships but Isn't  that what the Super testers are suppose to be doing ?  They are required to give detailed analysis of their finding on that particular ship.   Also they are not allowed to give those details out to the general public. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

... moving forward, it should also be a useful tool for testing out new builds in the rework skill tree before committing to them on the live server. 

The PTS has always been a good place to test out ships one doesn't have ... but going forward, you're absolutely correct ... its greatest value will become testing out new builds.

15 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Even though I sort of agree that it would be good for the availability of at least some of the "future" ships but Isn't  that what the Super testers are suppose to be doing ?  They are required to give detailed analysis of their finding on that particular ship.   Also they are not allowed to give those details out to the general public. 

That's absolutely what they do ... the CCs also provide their input.   But by the time we're testing the release they're supposed to debut in, you'd think they would be pretty well done with ship testing.

[BEA5T]
Members
539 posts
17,049 battles

LOL speaking of the new Italian Tier IV BB  Dante Alighieri will show up as it is available ( at least for the Prime Twitch members).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
14,874 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The PT is to find absolute game breaking bugs like 10% of the players not being able to connect for example.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

And treating PTS as nothing but a bug-filter is one of the reasons why PTS gets minimal participation. 

If feedback from PTS were taken seriously, and had a chance of putting the brakes on broken changes, there'd be a lot more enthusiasm for it. 

(Follow the link in my sig to see my post laying out how to get more players into PTS.) 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,709 battles

wouldn't it be nice if wargaming ASKED the community what it wants in game VS giving us stuff hardly anyone wants?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

wouldn't it be nice if wargaming ASKED the community what it wants in game VS giving us stuff hardly anyone wants?

Frankly, I don't think WG cares what we want, only what they can get away with and not lose income.

• Cool 1

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,709 battles

they are gonna lose money on this one.. if not 1/3 of the player base. I don't think they realize how many people are pissed. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
Just now, syp_twiz said:

they are gonna lose money on this one.. if not 1/3 of the player base. I don't think they realize how many people are pissed. 

Based on past and current behavior, they and their unpaid social media crew will continue to convince themselves that any sign of opposition to whatever they do, is "not representative".  

Surveys -- "bad sampling" or "small sample size". 

Forums -- "angry whiners who aren't indicative of the playerbase".  

Reduced participation -- "normal variation, not a trend".  

:Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
3,765 posts
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And treating PTS as nothing but a bug-filter is one of the reasons why PTS gets minimal participation. 

If feedback from PTS were taken seriously, and had a chance of putting the brakes on broken changes, there'd be a lot more enthusiasm for it. 

(Follow the link in my sig to see my post laying out how to get more players into PTS.) 

Yeah, I used to think doing PTS duty was a community service, but since WG doesn't give a rat's patoot about our feedback anyway I just YOLO a T5 DD in Co-op for the 3x signals "Play a battle" reward and that's it.