Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Can Someone Explain The logic Of The 20 Second MBRB On Strasbourg ?

14 comments in this topic

[K-POP]
Members
3,014 posts
24,309 battles

Strasbourg has a 20 second MBRB consumable which at best gets maybe JUST maybe 2 quick reloads with a 3 minute cool down :Smile_amazed: times that by 4 its a total of 12 minutes.

" 12 minutes what's that you say" or So !!! , some people might ask, well considering how the vast majority of games are in random don't last past the 10 minute mark if that now days or Coop which even last less time this consumable is even worst value.

Lets go back to the actual consumable and assume you get to use it for 4 consecutive times and lets be generous and say you do get 2 full salvos in those 4 uses it equals 8 salvos.

OK so people will say "well what is wrong with that " well lets see  firstly you need to be at best at mid range or even closer to cause worthwhile damage, because at extreme range because sigma and dispersion are going to void any benefits your MBRB might have.

A speed boost would have a far better choice for this ship, you basically blink and MBRB is over.           

Edited by tm63au

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,204 posts
22,715 battles

IMHO that is an insubstantial gimmick. All you can do is hurry one salvo and half the reload of a second. It does give you some extra DPM if you time the activation. I agree that speed boost would be better.

Edited by Khafni
  • Cool 1

Members
397 posts
26 battles

As someone with Jean Bart as their most played ship. (On my EU account)

Nope.

MBRB *can* be absolutely insane on a battleship, providing you learn when to use it.
Which is usually when the enemy is forced to expose broadside by a turn, or you managing to flank them.
Likewise load HE against an angled BB, get a fire, wait for them to proc DCP and then use MBRB to stick some full duration fires on them.
Extra plus if you charge smoke and give a DD a nasty surprise

It turns low calibre non-overmatching mediocre BB guns into monsters.

Now I don't think Strasbourg's guns are as relatively good, even with the 2 tier difference. Likewise Jean Bart can be relatively sneaky where's Strasbourg can't.
So I wouldn't say Strasbourg is a tier 7 Jean Bart, but MBRB remains an absurd consumable for a BB if you can get it to work.

Edited by SoothingWhaleSongEU

[ARGSY]
Members
22,889 posts
16,962 battles
22 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

MBRB *can* be absolutely insane on a battleship, providing you learn when to use it.

I think this is the OP's problem. He's looking for DPM. On a battleship, MBRB is not a DPM device; it's an opportunistic follow-up device that needs to be wielded carefully and selectively by someone who knows WHAT they are doing and WHY they are doing it.

[SALVO]
Members
68 posts
15,071 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think this is the OP's problem. He's looking for DPM. On a battleship, MBRB is not a DPM device; it's an opportunistic follow-up device that needs to be wielded carefully and selectively by someone who knows WHAT they are doing and WHY they are doing it.

This, especially against someone who doesn’t know what they are doing. 

[CRUEL]
Members
516 posts
9,051 battles

I did notice it is not as quick as say bourg because you dont have the slot 7 reload upgrade. So it's a little harder to do follow on shots before a ship turns or whatever. But it is still halving the reload time so it's a benefit none the less. 

[PVE]
Members
1,141 posts
9,607 battles

Sounds the same as the booster on Jean Bart or the cruisers, you tend to only get 1 extra reload per booster (at least that's how it feels to me).

[CUDA]
Members
253 posts
7,775 battles

A common gimmick on high-level French ships. Gives the French a 'mad minute' of fun to make up for their generally slower reload rates. Pick the right time to use it and you can do some serious damage. 

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,732 posts
12,328 battles

Getting a second broadside of guns 10 seconds sooner than expected is no joke. 10 seconds can be the difference between a flat broadside and all ricochets.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

MBRB on battleship guns is a gimmick outside of a few specific situations. 

I'd much rather have a little off the base reload than mess around waiting for or trying to force the situations in which it's not a silly gimmick. 

[WOLFG]
Members
11,540 posts
10,689 battles
44 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

MBRB on battleship guns is a gimmick outside of a few specific situations. 

I'd much rather have a little off the base reload than mess around waiting for or trying to force the situations in which it's not a silly gimmick. 

I find it way more useful on the JB than the Strasbourg.  The guns on the JB feel less wonky.  Add that to the higher speed and better armor (and only being able to be uptiered 1), I think it useful on the JB, while more just a gimmick on the Strasbourg.

[SALVO]
Members
6,528 posts
5,206 battles

The logic is the shrapnel of your boosted AP shatters will damage the curious bystanders looking at dents caused by your previous AP salvo.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[K-POP]
Members
3,014 posts
24,309 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

The logic is the shrapnel of your boosted AP shatters will damage the curious bystanders looking at dents caused by your previous AP salvo.

:Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this