You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SilentSorrow

I feel robbed

26 comments in this topic

[-POI-]
Members
89 posts
9,658 battles

So I was grinding my Zao's legendary mod, I was in the 4th stage just about to hitting the 5th when suddenly all my work went to the damn garbage, when I went ot the missions to see what I needed to get to the 5th, poof, nothing there, now is like starting from zero, and I was using Zao mostly to get that mod, since I need to unlock other ships, and I don't have all the time in the world to play, I choose to grind a little here and there with different ships.
Also worth mentioning that I was grinding Shima legendary as well, 3/5. Again, all the grind to the garbage.
At least, if you gonna change that, maintain the missions for the ppl that already started to do them.
You really don't care about the ppl that pays your salary right?

BTW, next buff probably will be a 35kms range for all the BBs, since now 95% of them like to sit near the border of the map, they can hardly reach the other side with their shots. Mark my words... Doesn't surprise me anything from WG at this point. 

Luckily once I hit the Hizen point, will put the game to a nice rest for a LONG time, games are stupidly boring, and I thought that WG hitted the peak of boredom with the subs gameplay. DAMN...

Thank you for making me waste my time WG.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 7

[WOLF9]
Members
183 posts
2,292 battles

Welcome to a week ago ....enjoy your stay :Smile_trollface:

Edited by SeaCat_
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
2,606 posts
14,218 battles
1 hour ago, SilentSorrow said:

So I was grinding my Zao's legendary mod, I was in the 4th stage just about to hitting the 5th when suddenly all my work went to the damn garbage, when I went ot the missions to see what I needed to get to the 5th, poof, nothing there, now is like starting from zero, and I was using Zao mostly to get that mod, since I need to unlock other ships, and I don't have all the time in the world to play, I choose to grind a little here and there with different ships.
Also worth mentioning that I was grinding Shima legendary as well, 3/5. Again, all the grind to the garbage.
At least, if you gonna change that, maintain the missions for the ppl that already started to do them.

BTW, next buff probably will be a 35kms range for all the BBs, since now 95% of them like to sit near the border of the map, they can hardly reach the other side with their shots. Mark my words... Doesn't surprise me anything from WG at this point. 

Luckily once I hit the Hizen point, will put the game to a nice rest for a LONG time, games are stupidly boring, and I thought that WG hitted the peak of boredom with the subs gameplay. DAMN...

I feel for you, but Colonel_Potter is correct.

They gave plenty of notice that the Legendary Mod missions would be going away at the end of 2020. People mentioned it several times in the Forum as well.

53 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

It was announced over a year ago the missions were going away. They were supposed to go away in 9.2, but WG extended the ones you already unlocked until the end of 2020. They gave notice several times. Also, said on the missions they were going to expire.

upgrades.thumb.JPG.c74b70e85e6a55cc7a84795628ef66d9.JPG

[P-V-E]
Members
1,649 posts

i am of the opinion that ANY that were unlocked before the first notification of change should have remained in perpetuity until complete as they otherwise would have been if no change was made, the only ones that should have been removed at the end of Dec 2020 were the ones unlocked after the first notification of change and when the missions could no longer be unlocked that way.

the above would have been equitable and fair and in keeping with the original intent of the mission prior to notification of change rathe than feeling that the goalposts had been moved and uphill slope added to the playing field.

I had 4 active that were all obtained before the original announcement and the expiry date was added after they were unlocked which however you try to cut is is unfair.

• Cool 5

[WOLFG]
Members
31,958 posts
9,887 battles
3 hours ago, SilentSorrow said:

They did, for close to a year.

I missed out on some UUs too, but I made the decision awhile ago to not bother grinding them, since I didn't want to have to grind a single ship to meet a deadline.

Edited by Skpstr

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,660 battles

i had 6-8 of them in progress.. that 40K base xp grind sucked too much to play the same ship over and over... 

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts

Yup, I had 2 get close and Covid just zapped my will to get the final bits on them.    Looked at them in late November and just said, "Nope, don't have the energy to do this in ships I  am not really enjoying"

[Y0L0W]
Members
20 posts
7,999 battles

I agree , in my opinion, if you were 4/5 of the way to completion; they should extend it. I had many like that for which I just didn’t have enough time to complete. 

[SALVO]
Members
2,995 posts
6,995 battles
58 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

They did, for close to a year.

I missed out on some UUs too, but I made the decision awhile ago to not bother grinding them, since I didn't want to have to grind a single ship to meet a deadline.

Same I knew it was happening and only really completed 1 UU out of 6 I had going in the last year. The one and only thing that bothered me (besides UUs going to RB in the first place) is that they reset on midnight london time and not midnight from some  US time zone  on the NA server. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,289 posts
19,196 battles

No worries...they'll show up for coal...or doubloons in a matter of time.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,262 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No worries...they'll show up for coal...or doubloons in a matter of time.

They're in the Research Bureau now. Have been for a while now.

[SIMP]
Members
1,629 posts

If it makes you feel any better, almost all UU are trash now. So you actually saved yourself from getting it and being majorly disappointed (considering how much work goes into getting them).

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,116 posts
14,656 battles
2 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

If it makes you feel any better, almost all UU are trash now. So you actually saved yourself from getting it and being majorly disappointed (considering how much work goes into getting them).

I was under the impression none of these are even upgrades, but rather sidegrades for those that are extremely bored, and have nothing better to do than grind. lol

[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles

I feel your pain, OP, but be comforted by this:

The Zao UU is dung, and it stinks. No ifs, ands, or buts.

It got nerfed HARD a few months ago, and it takes up the slot where you could otherwise pick extended range. So, you get an unneeded dispersion buff for a short-ranged ship, minus the rudder shift boost to help you work at the short ranges that it imposes.

They should change its name to Fruitless upgrade, and abbreviate it to F-U, because that’s what it does; it eFFs you if you use it.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
Typo
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,261 posts

Those coal upgrades are not worth it.

The RB upgrades however are. Just regrind a Tech Tree Line with focus on buying the top 5 ships and winning 5 battles with them. Poof you can get a module or two modules even after the 4x retraining bonus in Feb. You just need credits and FXP.

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
8 hours ago, SilentSorrow said:

So I was grinding my Zao's legendary mod

Don't waste your time, I have it, used it a couple matches and unequipped it.  I barely miss with shells at the max range with the spotter up, I really don't see the benefit of gimping your range, for a dispersion bonus in this ship.

In fact most of the Legendaries are just side grades.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,695 posts
10,933 battles

WG should have used the different stages of the UU upgrades as milestones for when they were put into the Research Bureau.  I had thought they were discussing this quite a while back but I can't remember exactly what was mentioned.  

Ideally, it should have been that if you reached one of the milestones, but didn't complete the UU, you would get credit for the milestone you reached.  Then, if you wanted to purchase the UU in the Research Bureau it would be less expensive than if you hadn't done anything.  For instance, if you had passed a stage, then you would get credit for a percentage of the completion.    Maybe the stages would be a progressive amount, say 10% for the first one, 15% for the second one, 20% for the third one, 25% for the fifth one, and 30% for the fifth one.  Do all of them got you 100%, but only the first 4 would get you 70%.  That would have rewarded those that put in time but couldn't complete, especially those players that had many ships.

I was lucky enough to finish the ones I had already invested time into, and I didn't even attempt to do the others because I knew I wouldn't have the time to put into them.

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
22 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

The RB upgrades however are. Just regrind a Tech Tree Line with focus on buying the top 5 ships and winning 5 battles with them. Poof you can get a module or two modules even after the 4x retraining bonus in Feb. You just need credits and FXP.

It completely depends on the ship and what you are "losing" for the legendary bonus.  i.e. for Zao you are trading 8% range for -7% dispersion.  Now it would make sense if Zao actually you know, had issues with accuracy at range....it does not.  I will literally take that 18.8 kilometer range over 17.5 + a dispersion bonus you don't need all day.

[-HUGS]
Members
82 posts
4,307 battles
27 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

It completely depends on the ship and what you are "losing" for the legendary bonus.  i.e. for Zao you are trading 8% range for -7% dispersion.  Now it would make sense if Zao actually you know, had issues with accuracy at range....it does not.  I will literally take that 18.8 kilometer range over 17.5 + a dispersion bonus you don't need all day.

It got a bit more useful with the skill rework, when you need to shoot a destroyer that was just spotted with Dazzle; it effectively mitigate the 20% debuff.  I don't think the upgrade is suddenly worth considering because of that, but it is certainly not as useless as it was before.

Members
762 posts
14,038 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

Just!!? Regrind and buy!!?

Before all this madness I could JUST play the game up to the tier X ship then play said ship and earn the UU

Edited by ArtfulNothing_
spilling

Members
865 posts
5,902 battles

If it makes you feel better I had 5 legendary module missions going, all expired with zero modules gained, and I couldn’t care less. This whole game has lost its mind. 

• Thanks 1

[O2]
Members
452 posts
10,033 battles
10 hours ago, Colonel_Potter said:

It was announced over a year ago the missions were going away.

That's true. But if you didn't know and are trying to complete them, then it's pretty underwhelming. I feel you @SilentSorrow

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
287 posts
5,046 battles
11 hours ago, SilentSorrow said:

We did have ample time and warning.  I was able to grab a couple before they left.  You can  always get thing in the research bureau

My question to the experienced is: With the skill tree rework, are some of those legendary mods viable?