Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
aardvark7734

Dante Alighieri lol

18 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
178 posts
17,902 battles

First time out...

1207764533_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_01_27-05_27_59_71.thumb.png.402f1304f5ce46c059d2d9cfdee8922d.png

1892336333_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_01.27-05_28_06_44.thumb.png.55ce0f9d6058866184576fdd543966a6.png

Even with "greased gears" skill it takes 50 seconds to swivel the turrets 180. It's way faster to just turn the ship around.

305mm SAP: Meh, at this tier all the guns are crap.

I know, it's Tier IV, but it was free so...

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
1 hour ago, aardvark7734 said:

First time out...

1207764533_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_01_27-05_27_59_71.thumb.png.402f1304f5ce46c059d2d9cfdee8922d.png

1892336333_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2021_01.27-05_28_06_44.thumb.png.55ce0f9d6058866184576fdd543966a6.png

Even with "greased gears" skill it takes 50 seconds to swivel the turrets 180. It's way faster to just turn the ship around.

Nice game. I have played 2 so far in it (and not sure there will be 3). Meh is a very good description of it. Mine couldn't hit anything. Felt like I was sailing Roma's mini-me. Perfectly aimed salvos and every shell (all 12 of them) just land all around the ship with no hits or at best 1 or 2 that shattered over and over. Not impressed with SAP at all.

BUT it's T4 and T4 seldom has anything redeeming. Need to play T6+ to form an opinion on the line and gimmicks. With that said I have low expectations based on WG saying the line will have low gun range and poor accuracy. That just screams Roma and I do not like that ship.

Great game once again.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,208 posts
22,715 battles

I got it for the 1) port slot, 2) ECXP earnings (not much) and 3) for the credits when I can sell it. If I get other early access Italian BB's it'll be for the same reason.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,058 posts
17,048 battles
2 hours ago, aardvark7734 said:

but it was free so...

Free if you have Prime membership for some other reason.

I'll wait till she comes out.

[WOLFC]
Members
178 posts
17,902 battles
32 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Quite correct.

[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Free 30 day trial

• get free BB
  • cancel
  • easy peasy

[BEA5T]
Members
542 posts
17,071 battles

Oh yea... it does feel like a Roma mini-me     I only played 2 games with it as it is an tier that I tend to stay out of.  Anyway those 2 games I was able to sink 3 ships per game and found it to be somewhat tanky.   As others have indicated it is better to turn the ship than wait for the turrets as the transverse speed is slow as molasses.  

SAP is worthless. I found that with angle fire it seems to hit a whole lot better than long distance broadsides.  

[WOLF7]
Members
845 posts
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nice game. I have played 2 so far in it (and not sure there will be 3). Meh is a very good description of it. Mine couldn't hit anything. Felt like I was sailing Roma's mini-me. Perfectly aimed salvos and every shell (all 12 of them) just land all around the ship with no hits or at best 1 or 2 that shattered over and over. Not impressed with SAP at all.

BUT it's T4 and T4 seldom has anything redeeming. Need to play T6+ to form an opinion on the line and gimmicks. With that said I have low expectations based on WG saying the line will have low gun range and poor accuracy. That just screams Roma and I do not like that ship.

Great game once again.

I looked at the "recommended" captain skills and they seem to suggest speccing as a secondaries focused brawler, not a sniping playstyle. Dante has a turtleback, at tier 4! She's a brawler, imho.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,640 posts
10,778 battles
3 hours ago, aardvark7734 said:

First time out...

A citadel and two plane kills at tier 4?

Ship is OP.

• Funny 1

[VOP]
Members
941 posts
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Great game once again.

The Italian BB line with both low gun range and poor accuracy? Been waiting for it for a long time. I don't expect it to be OP, but WG should not make it useless trash that people would not want to use either.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,633 posts
25,666 battles

There's a lot of Battleships with 60 seconds turret traverse.  Shikashima, Yamato, Kongo, Wyoming thru New Mexico, etc.

Bad turret traverse time is actually a common occurrence with IJN BBs.

There's even a rare few with 72 seconds, Queen Elizabeth and Musashi jump to mind right away.  Yamato used to have 72 seconds also, but that changed the same update when Legendaries arrived in the game years ago.  Warspite used to have 72 seconds but that was changed long ago.  Which is why I'm surprised to see Queen Elizabeth straddled with the old 72 seconds timer when RN BB Line was released.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
55 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

I looked at the "recommended" captain skills and they seem to suggest speccing as a secondaries focused brawler, not a sniping playstyle. Dante has a turtleback, at tier 4! She's a brawler, imho.

I don't know. It has a lot of flaws that will hurt it brawling and overall. One of the biggest issue brawling is the glacial turret rotation. 60 sec base and 50 sec w/ GTG is Yamato levels of bad/slow. Only Orion has a worse turret traverse at T4 than the new Italian BB and it is tied with Kaiser and Courbet for 2nd worse. Even though the ship is slow which helps them keep up it is still bad. Reminds me of trying to keep the guns on stuff in Pensacola. You have to use the rudder to do it most times. Plan ahead where you want the main guns if you will brawl.

The secondary guns are pretty inaccurate too even when close but with 20MM pen they can pen the plating (16MM-19MM) and superstructure (13MM) of most of the T3-T5 BB's (and Cruisers/DD's) it will face without IFHE "IF" they hit though. And that is a HUGE  IF from what I have seen so far. I honestly don't know how OP got so many hits with it? That is more than my 2 games combined and I was  so close I was almost on top of the bots??? Maybe OP had manual secondary's? 

Armor is decent (that 100MM for end belt will allow good angling and bow tanking) but don't expect the turtleback to save you if you show side because it won't. I got spanked testing it out and have seen a bot version of the ship 1 shot from almost full HP. 

The secondary's and armor will be ok for brawling but that turret rotation will hurt. Also, the AP is anemic and SAP won't take the enemy out so you risk being 1 shot and being very limited in your ability to do the same back.

Not saying it is total crap but I don't think it is very good either. YMMV.

[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
45 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

The Italian BB line with both low gun range and poor accuracy? Been waiting for it for a long time. I don't expect it to be OP, but WG should not make it useless trash that people would not want to use either.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/90

"A large number of guns with quickly turning turrets, a relatively short firing range and not very good accuracy"

Quickly turning turrets LOL (high tier ok but the low tier ones are 60 sec and that ain't quick LOL). But as you can see short range and not very good accuracy. That is WG's description and it sounds like a line of Roma's to me which = yuck/gag/puke/nope/not interested.

I consider Roma useless trash I don't want to use so I stopped trying and it is now a port queen and flake ship only. Look at the free event ships recently and how absolutely terrible so many are and how people don't really play them. Of course WG can screw it up and make the new Italian BB line so utterly bad people won't want to play it outside of those who like bad ships or are Italian fan boys (no disrespect meant by that - I am US fan boy - it's ok to be a fan of a nation). It's WG; screwing up is what they do best. :cap_like:

I hope it is a decent line and I won't judge it off the T4 I just got and have played a little. BUT, if they turn out to be a bunch of Roma like ships, a ship I have 100 or so games in, which WG's description makes it sound like they will be EXACTLY that, it will be a line I will complete and then hardly play. I don't like BB's that have useless main guns.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLFC]
Members
178 posts
17,902 battles
33 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I honestly don't know how OP got so many hits with it? That is more than my 2 games combined and I was  so close I was almost on top of the bots??? Maybe OP had manual secondary's? 

Ready to laugh?

That battle had the provided 6 point captain in it. Can't remember the 1 point skill, but GTG and BoS for the other two.

I think the number of secondary hits had to do with a prolonged angles fight with two slow BBs.

[SHRKE]
Members
69 posts
1,632 battles

My only question is if we get to keep it, or will WG do what they did with the Captured King Tiger in WoT

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,633 posts
25,666 battles
4 hours ago, Saydzhi said:

My only question is if we get to keep it, or will WG do what they did with the Captured King Tiger in WoT

This isn't WoT.  Sure it's all under WG's umbrella, but the practices between the two games still can be quite different.  For example, we have never had Gold Ammo in WoWS.

I don't see anything in the news page for this ship saying it's going to get yanked.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/prime-gaming-dante-alighieri/

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,645 posts
25,105 battles
5 hours ago, Saydzhi said:

You get to keep it. The ship is tech tree, nothing special about it except that it can be used as a premium ship until the update that adds the Italian BBs. Probably not worth keeping, just get 13k of XP on her (thereabouts anyway) and you should be able to unlock the tier 5 BB when it gets into the game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
13,267 posts
27,787 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 9:34 AM, DrHolmes52 said:

A citadel and two plane kills at tier 4?

Ship is OP.

What does a citadel, 11 planes, and 2 solo caps at T4 make it? LOL

1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Sign in to follow this