Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Slayer_Jesse

How to spend Free doubloons from Yahagi?

4 comments in this topic

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,753 battles

Hey there. I was "lucky" enough to get the Yahagi early from the free santa crates. I've finally got up to stage 15 in the dockyard, so i got the 4k doubloons for earning her again. I've got a bit over 1k left , so that makes a total of 5,067. I decided against using it on commander dismissal, as the amount of commander xp I'd get is overall a drop in the bucket to the amount of 19 point commanders I have.

Now, the three options that interest me the most are the following. I'm having a tough time deciding, as I don't plan to give this corrupt company any more money. I value unique/interesting premiums more than I do getting the most meta ones, but I don't want a dumpster fire either.

Monaghan: -25% armory coupon, 3,675 doubloons. Primarily interested in her unique torpedo build. The only other premium us DD I own is hill, so it could help my gearing commander.  Or I can stick 21 pt Halsey in it with a specialized build. I have read LWM's review of it, but it was written before Torpedo Tubes Mod 1 or the commander skill rework were a thing.

Ark Royal: -25% armory coupon, 4,725 doubloons. I admit, part of the reason I want her is for the collector's value/Bismarck memes. The main reason though is as a crew trainer for Jingles and the Implacable. I'm just not sure how she would perform with the commander skill rework.

Tier 10 Permanent Camouflage: 5,000 doubloons. Probably the most boring, but practical option. While I could put it on any of my 10's, I was leaning towards my newly acquired Midway to help grind out the planes.

[KIA-C]
Supertester
1,828 posts
6,155 battles

All of your choices are viable.

I can certainly vouch for the Ark Royal, she's like a VI British Kaga

Strong drops, slow planes, large reserve

Edited by Skeem689

[--K--]
Supertester
1,457 posts
13,949 battles

Save them for if WG does more dockyard events. We got Anchorage and Odin last year, along with the Puerto Rico/Hizen during Christmas. 

I havent played my Ark Royal much but I think the commander rework really gave it some buffs since you can get the torpedo buffs, it does OK in operations but I prefer the Lowenhardt. 

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,753 battles
1 hour ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Save them for if WG does more dockyard events. We got Anchorage and Odin last year, along with the Puerto Rico/Hizen during Christmas. 

I havent played my Ark Royal much but I think the commander rework really gave it some buffs since you can get the torpedo buffs, it does OK in operations but I prefer the Lowenhardt. 

after doing the Anchorage slog, I never want to do a dockyard again, ha ha.

Sign in to follow this