You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YouSatInGum

Ammo type bug

8 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
1,494 posts
11,893 battles

After switching ammo types, it will shoot the wrong ammo the first time.  Second salvo will then shoot what you selected.  Maybe happens one of 30 switches, but if you switch alot.... it happens.... and often in

inopportune times

• Cool 1

Members
802 posts

if you double click on the shell type it will change right away but will take more time ..if you single click on the shell you want to use for the next shot it will or could be 50% less time if you use the correct captain skill ...."gun feeder " i use this on all my bbs ..and when playing i know which ship i will be shooting at or not ....you can also cancel that shell switch by clicking on the one you thought you wanted

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
6 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

After switching ammo types, it will shoot the wrong ammo the first time.  Second salvo will then shoot what you selected.  Maybe happens one of 30 switches, but if you switch alot.... it happens.... and often in

inopportune times

Single tap doesn't switch shell types...it just loads the other type for the next volley while the volley you have loaded stays the same (note that the old one stays highlighted w/a box around it as as well as the new one).

Double tapping switches them (& only the one switched to gets highlighted w/a box around it).

If you have the commander skill & all shells are not loaded 1st they will take the full duration to switch when you double tap...if they are all loaded 1st you get the 1/2 (3/4 for some special commanders) time bonus.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,629 posts
25,089 battles

Man I thought it was just me. Same thing happening with not switching ammo.  I have also fired broadside to another BB after switching to AP but the shells look like HE. When they connected I got citadel hits so it may just be a graphics issue. 

[X-PN]
Members
1,494 posts
11,893 battles
10 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Single tap doesn't switch shell types...it just loads the other type for the next volley while the volley you have loaded stays the same (note that the old one stays highlighted w/a box around it as as well as the new one).

Double tapping switches them (& only the one switched to gets highlighted w/a box around it).

If you have the commander skill & all shells are not loaded 1st they will take the full duration to switch when you double tap...if they are all loaded 1st you get the 1/2 (3/4 for some special commanders) time bonus.

I have 10k+ battle experience.  I understand the controls.

It's not me.  I do the double click....and as I mentioned in the original post, the second salvo, without me touching a thing, will be the correct ammo type, just not the first salvo.

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
8 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

It's not me.  I do the double click....and as I mentioned in the original post, the second salvo, without me touching a thing, will be the correct ammo type, just not the first salvo.

10 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Man I thought it was just me. Same thing happening with not switching ammo.  I have also fired broadside to another BB after switching to AP but the shells look like HE. When they connected I got citadel hits so it may just be a graphics issue. 

Guess I've just gotten lucky...the only ship run that skill on is Missouri when closing in on smoked DDs & fortunately (because I was in ranked at the time) I haven't had any issues w/it...but I my ran about 7 or 8 battles in it before switching to DDs so maybe I didn't reach the 30 odd uses of it for it to happen to me.

W/out the skill I hardly ever use it on BBs (an extra 12-15 seconds extra reload gives most ships the time to angle back away from the ideal shot) & only use it on cruisers & DDs when there's no chance of them changing course in time (aka angling before the AP loads).

Usually just stick w/what is selected & hit the 1 or 2 button before during to keep the attack window the same so they don't get a fair warning I'm switching ammo types (due to the firing delay if the reload).

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,787 posts
10,805 battles
2 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Check the speed of your LMB. If you double click too fast it may not register that second click to change the ammo type.

[X-PN]
Members
1,494 posts
11,893 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 5:06 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Check the speed of your LMB. If you double click too fast it may not register that second click to change the ammo type.

Double click of the keyboard.... nothing to do with mouse.

It has not happened since 10.0... but I haven't played quite as much since 10.0... maybe it's been fixed (Reload booster bug has also not reared it's head).