You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tzarevitch

Cossack - What is this?

8 comments in this topic

[NUWES]
Members
3,356 posts
12,074 battles

Anyone know what that is just behind Cossack's bow? I just noticed it in the designer's table port. Haida's model does not have it and I can't find any mention of what it might be in anything I can find on the Tribal class on the web. 

image.thumb.png.32421bbe793e63846193e8844bc188c9.png

Edit: I just noticed that Lightning and Daring have it as well. Hydrophones maybe?

Edited by Tzarevitch

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,749 posts
4,272 battles

Yeah, I think that's the ASDIC dome.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles
24 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Anyone know what that is just behind Cossack's bow? I just noticed it in the designer's table port. Haida's model does not have it and I can't find any mention of what it might be in anything I can find on the Tribal class on the web. 

image.thumb.png.32421bbe793e63846193e8844bc188c9.png

Edit: I just noticed that Lightning and Daring have it as well. Hydrophones maybe?

Look closely, it’s something on the workbench behind the ship. Zoom in: your red circle partially obscures the fact that is is even behind the set of drawings on the table.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
6,225 posts
10 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Look closely, it’s something on the workbench behind the ship. Zoom in: your red circle partially obscures the fact that is is even behind the set of drawings on the table.

As AJ said its the ASDIC.  I tried a screenshot but the upload keeps failing.

Edited by Slimeball91

[O_O]
Members
6,954 posts
16,808 battles
19 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

No, it is definitely attached to the ship.

1sts1Mj.jpg

Edited by desmo_2

[A-I-M]
Members
3,755 posts
14,688 battles
5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

No, it is definitely attached to the ship.

Well, if the OP had posted an image like yours, or better yet, mine:

9fnyf2S.jpg

...which shows both the sonar projection and the object (lamp cord) behind the plans, but separately (to the right of the projection), then his answer would have been easy.

As in "easy enough, that he wouldn't have been asking the question in the first place." I suggest that the OP was asking about the apparent monstrosity he had circled, otherwise he would have rotated his view just to get the hull projection in isolation.