You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

BB: Incapacitations , How to farm ?

24 comments in this topic

[-HEL-]
Members
460 posts

Hi all

For DY, Part 6 I need 40

I tried doing 3 matches with Conq/ Thunderer and despite 40+ hits or more, not one.. Randoms or Co-op ? Nothing worked yet for me..

Can some kind soul help me out, I need to farm 40 for that ridiculous Quest..

How can I farm INCAPACITATION S AS A BB ? 

Thx in advance!

Jean

[A-D-F]
Members
110 posts
21,530 battles

i completed mine with Pommern. it went rather quickly by using guns, torps and ramming as a final option.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,640 posts
10,778 battles

Coop.  The bots are stupid.  DDs lose modules like Foghorn Leghorn loses feathers.  Jean Bart with reload booster can also work.

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles

Use HE and shoot at small things.

Use fast shooters like Scharnhorst or Dunkerque, or things with lots of guns, like Normandie or Lyon.

New Mexico/Arizona can work, (as well as the new US turtles,) but all have slow reloads.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,521 posts
16,305 battles

Similar advice to what has already been given:  play coop with an HE spammer and aim for superstructures only.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,645 posts
25,105 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Use HE and shoot at small things.

Exactly this. I haven't had much luck getting incapacitations on other BBs, but if you spam HE at DDs, cruisers, and CVs, you get loads of them. I have gotten incapacitations using AP but that is harder to do. Usually knocking out turrets and engines with it. HE is more reliable. I got 13 incapacitations in one co-op match, using my Giulio Cesare and spamming HE. You just have to resist the temptation to load AP and get citadels! BTW the good thing about using HE on a BB in coop is the bots are more likely to show broadsides to you enabling you to get more shells on target & more shell hits = more chances of incapacitations. 

[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles

Also, don't get too focused on getting Incapacitations.  This task is for 40 kills or incapacitations (in BBs).  Just go out there and work for the kills.  Shoot smaller ships (i.e. DDs or cruisers), and just be patient.   You're not likely to have a huge number of Incaps per battle, so just work the battles and try to get a kill or 2, and hope that maybe the incaps will follow.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,643 posts
33 minutes ago, Mad_Dog_Magoo said:

i completed mine with Pommern. it went rather quickly by using guns, torps and ramming as a final option.

I really like Pom but I always forget about it and just default to GK.  Good call, will take the Pom out.

[A-D-F]
8,643 posts
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I really like Pom but I always forget about it and just default to GK.  Good call, will take the Pom out.

Yep...Pom will do the job just fine. :Smile_teethhappy:

shot-21.01.26_22.08.52-0967.jpg

[O_O]
Members
6,961 posts
16,853 battles
45 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

For DY, Part 6 I need 40

I tried doing 3 matches with Conq/ Thunderer and despite 40+ hits or more, not one.. Randoms or Co-op ? Nothing worked yet for me..

How can I farm INCAPACITATION S AS A BB?

I used Thunderer in Random, because Co-op games tend to be too short to get enough hits in.  In my second game, I got 12 incapacitation ribbons.  Boom, done.  HE is better for incaps.  Hits on DD's are almost a sure incap, less so on cruisers, and even less on battleships.

7 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Just be prepared for comments about "A stupid BB using HE".  

Can confirm.

Members
843 posts

part 6 you need incaps or destroyed ribbons ..did mine in ranked battles ...use a bb and flex heavy muscle ,,,important you know what you need to do....you could go to co op and steal everybodys kills 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,633 posts
25,666 battles

A Battleship farming Incapacitation ribbons?

Easy.

Load HE.

Focus on Destroyers and Cruisers.  The idea is to blast DD modules, which are quite vulnerable to large Battleship HE shells, especially RN BB.  Conkeke and Thunderer HE are thermonuclear devices against DDs.  RN 419mm and 457mm HE have huge blast radius.  Cruisers are just about as vulnerable to BB HE because they have a tone of vulnerable modules to break also.  USN Cruisers without torpedo launchers are less juicy targets.  Additional targets to consider are Battleships with torpedo launchers, fire at the center of the superstructure to hit them.  Anybody that's owned Tirpitz, Pommern, Odin knows what's up.  Odin's torp launchers are to the back though.

Outside that, load AP and slam another Battleship's turrets.  This is more feasible the meaner your guns are.  Of significantly easier turret bashing are French BBs with the Quad 380mm gun turrets.  They're big, fat, wide, and easy to hit and smash to pieces.  The easiest of such armed FR BBs to go turret blasting against are the ones with 2 forward turrets.  The barbette for the 2nd turret on FR BBs tend to sit really high.  So when attacking Richelieu, Jean Bart, Alsace, Bourgogne, aim your BB AP between the top of the first turret and the bottom of the 2nd turret.  The idea is for your shells to land on either turret or blast the tall, exposed barbette of the 2nd turret.

FR Quad 380mm BB Gascogne still has the squishy turret issue, but doesn't have the vulnerable 2nd turret sitting high waiting to get picked off, because the 2nd turret is on the stern.

Quad gun Republique has the same turret layout.  Her turret faces are also much thicker.  So of the High Tier FR BBs, her turret setup is the sturdiest.

If you really want to p*ss off a Jean Bart player, start disabling his turrets.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,549 posts
19,756 battles
1 hour ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

For DY, Part 6 I need 40

Thx in advance!

Jean

This one is easy but you need a little work on it...

1. Go to Co-op
    • Its easier
  2. Then rev it up full speed to the reds.
  3. Aim, shoot and hit a DD with HE first then anyone.
  4. Repeat.

By following these simple steps... That CM will be a thing of the past.

BTW, if you have a secondary spec BB, they can also do incapacitation.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,643 posts
56 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yep...Pom will do the job just fine. :Smile_teethhappy:

And done.

shot-21.01.26_23.05.35-0100.jpg

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,645 posts
25,105 battles
1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Just be prepared for comments about "A stupid BB using HE".  

When I do missions for fires or incapcitations with a BB, I always type what I am doing in the chat while waiting for the timer. Most players understand and just let you alone in co-op. Also early on in a PvE match, the bots are charging in nose first anyways so using HE makes sense at the beginning of the match even when not doing those missions. 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,828 posts
9,516 battles

I did the task using kills almost exclusively, I think. I was playing at a favorable time in Thunderer. It's not just number of guns or caliber that matter, but also blast radius for HE shells to do module damage. Keep in mind that the only modules that count are engines, rudder, and main armament. So destroyers are the best target, and light cruisers the next. A solid salvo of HE from a Thunderer is capable of basically incapacitating every module on a DD in one salvo, very easily. If you must shoot a battleship, the turrets are always the easiest to knock out.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,694 posts
27,896 battles

You don't need to actually hit a DD with HE from an RN battleship.  It has a large blast radius that can still knock out modules:

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

For DY, Part 6 I need 40

Thx in advance!

Jean

Conq is easy in coop. Shoot HE at dds and cruisers, broken engines, turrets, and torpedo tubes galore. Shooting bbs like a randoms farmer will only get you fires!

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,353 posts
10,106 battles

I got 11 incapacitations in one battle using Thunderer.......all of which are from a single ship, poor Hipper.

Members
4,001 posts
43,695 battles

The more guns the BB has the better, but single fire and aim carefully at the center part of the ship.

In Co-op, shooting at another cruiser of BB with HE loaded will do. But try to single fire each shot left to right or right to left as tight as possible on the middle part of a ship sailing wide. 

Or, front to back for any ship sailing at you. 

The goal is to hit center parts of the ship, or center mass on the deck/superstructure. 

There you will knock out secondaries. But the mission, may not count this one.

Now you can cripple turrets by hitting any ship's turrets(with AP at full wide) that are raised up off the deck and have an exposed casemate. Hit the casemate, cripples the gun. 

Lower placed guns, you have to instead hit the area just below the deck next to the gun's sides as the ship is full wide instead of at waterline.

Engines are higher above waterline center of ship with AP. 

Steering, stern where you see the rudder, but higher than waterline. On most ships, think stern but a little ways in because the rudder is underwater and you can't see it. This is hardest to do, but easiest to hit on IJN cruisers.