Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
handybilly

Strasbourg got a butt whipping.

13 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
660 posts
10,686 battles

Just the wrong ship at the wrong time. It was a fun grind and I like the playstyle she brought. Probably no more than an average premium but still different-so fun to play. But with the captain skills (read deadeye) buff, she is not a contender at all. Her worst features play right out of that meta. You can see her from space, she is squishy and easily overmatched, and her AP just cant do much damage at range. These defects are all too apparent when she is up tiered. As she just does not have the hitting power. Some say to play her like a cruiser but a CA that you can see that from Winnipeg really does not have much merit. She actually kites well with good rear gun angles but can't outrun other BBs so it is at best a slow death. Too bad WG, you made a funish ship and then made her obsolete about three weeks after everyone got one. If anyone can figure out how to play her, let me know. 

Oh yeah almost forgot, her AA sucks-making the lives of tier VIII carrier jocks so much more rewarding. 

Edited by handybilly
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,264 posts

I use the french BB's for Operations or quick grinds in Coop. They have no value in human to human battles such as random etc.

Its nice though when youre bow tanking a frenchie and several enemy BB'\s go "Clink!" bouncing off your armor without damage.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,619 posts
4 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

I use the french BB's for Operations or quick grinds in Coop. They have no value in human to human battles such as random etc.

Its nice though when youre bow tanking a frenchie and several enemy BB'\s go "Clink!" bouncing off your armor without damage.

I play my Alsace in randoms all the time.  JB is a very popular ship, see a bunch of them in ranked.

I dunno about Stras, haven't really messed with it.

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts
8 minutes ago, handybilly said:

play her like a cruiser but a CA that you can see that from Winnipeg really does not have much merit

Winnipeg huh?- she can be seen as far away as Duck bay more like it.

• Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,275 posts

As with all my T7 ships she is setup for operation Narai . Fun addition for it and really nothing else. Weegee being weegee. 

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,704 battles

I really have enjoyed Strasbourg, but tbh only one match in her post rework. What you say disheartens me a bit, but I had a lot of fun regardless of uptier or not. Definitely a different play style, but I can say I’ve never been really kicked around in her. 

Edited by SuperComm4

[WOLF3]
Members
29,579 posts
25,666 battles

It was rigged from the start.  Strasbourg was slashed in the achilles before the competition even began.

[SIM]
Members
5,741 posts
9,263 battles

Don't overextend, know when to use her AP and when to use her HE, pop reload booster to punish people that give you choice broadsides. Nothing with Strasbourg changed. Stop fixating on Deadeye.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,775 battles

I've enjoyed the Strasbourg thus far, though I do wish that the base Concealment on her (and the Dunkerque) was better.  Also, I wish that the Strasbourg had French BB speed boost to go with her reload booster.

As far as random battles go, don't be afraid to spam some HE when the situation warrants.

Overall, as is, it's hard to see why the Strasbourg qualifies as a tier 7 when she's not really all that different from the Dunkerque.  Giving the Dunkerque gun reload boost and calling her  "Strasbourg" hardly seems to justify a tier 7 rating.  Other ships that have had clones up tiered or down tiered usually have a much larger difference between them and the basic ship they were cloned from.

[HKC]
Members
730 posts
53 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Overall, as is, it's hard to see why the Strasbourg qualifies as a tier 7 when she's not really all that different from the Dunkerque.  Giving the Dunkerque gun reload boost and calling her  "Strasbourg" hardly seems to justify a tier 7 rating.  Other ships that have had clones up tiered or down tiered usually have a much larger difference between them and the basic ship they were cloned from.

She is actually worse than the Dunkirk. Slower, far less maneuverable, and has the same guns at tier 7.

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,775 battles
5 minutes ago, Viva_Palestine said:

She is actually worse than the Dunkirk. Slower, far less maneuverable, and has the same guns at tier 7.

I don't know how you say that the Strasbourg is slower and less maneuverable when the stats appear to say that she's exactly the same as the Dunkerque.  I get that her guns are the same, but that's a case of historical accuracy.   I could accept an argument that the Stras' stats while the same, have to face opponents that may be one tier higher.  But this is why I say that it seems to me that WG should have done more to buff the Stras around the edges to make her more tier 7 worthy, in spite of her basic stats (smallish main guns and only 8 of them, etc.) being the same as the Dunk.  Giving the Stras engine boost would have been a start.  Maybe giving her better shells on the theory that after a while, she'd have had to be using American produced shells and US shells might have been able to be of the super heavy variety.  And perhaps her AA could have been upgraded with wartime refit in the US.  At least to me, none of this seems beyond the pale.

[CHA0S]
Members
219 posts
2,716 battles

I've enjoyed Strasbourg so far.  Even got my first Kraken with her - after the Commander Skill Rework.

Definitely has me wanting to try out her bigger sisters...

Sign in to follow this