You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Joe_Glass

Chat Ban abused

14 comments in this topic

Members
76 posts
10,232 battles

This is starting to become redundant.  I play with my message disable, but I still get chat ban for 'harrasment' & 'abuse'.

I don't know if I am alone in this situation, but either remove the chat completely of stop with the 'script kiddies' who abuse the system (mostly from people who 'time drop' together.

But what's worse is, if you play ranks and sometimes can't talk to your team to relay important information, you become a liability to your team because bozos flagged you just for pissing you off.

So you are not "punishing me", but the team I play with.  Think about this for a minute WG.

Edited by Commander_Joe_Glass
  • Haha 2

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

If you feel that you were unjustly chat banned, open a support ticket and contest it. They’ll either provide the reason why or reverse it if it was applied in error. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,750 posts
4,272 battles

Hmm, usually people saying they got banned for no reason aren't providing the full story. But if you've had chat disabled for a while then that shouldn't happen. I'd definitely put in a ticket to support and ask them the reason for the ban. Though if people are reporting you that often there may be something else happening. Either way talk to support and see why you got chat-banned.

• Cool 2

Members
7,047 posts
21,866 battles
31 minutes ago, Commander_Joe_Glass said:

This is starting to become redundant.  I play with my message disable, but I still get chat ban for 'harrasment' & 'abuse'.

I don't know if I am alone in this situation, but either remove the chat completely of stop with the 'script kiddies' who abuse the system (mostly from people who 'time drop' together.

But what's worse is, if you play ranks and sometimes can't talk to your team to relay important information, you become a liability to your team because bozos flagged you just for pissing you off.

So you are not "punishing me", but the team I play with.  Think about this for a minute WG.

To be honest it's simply best to say nothing, all the time. I say that from vast experience of being chat banned and arguing in game and in port. I don't know If I am on double secret probation but my bans are much faster for much less offensive words and actions. I think there has been a massive crackdown on what the game will tolerate. 

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Joe_Glass said:

Just curious. Do you spam F Key commands a lot or do that toxic "well done" F key spam when you really mean :etc_swear:?

Just a thought. People could be reporting you for overdoing F key commands in some manner.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
232 posts
9,856 battles

Chat can be disabled but you can still ping the map and send quick commands. 

Members
710 posts
29,358 battles

I think I will be chat banned when I get home tonight. 

I am expecting it. But I cannot be blamed. There should be a certain level of player in ranked play. You should have at least some sense of how to play the ship you chose to bring.

Then there are losers that die because they get erased by 4 different enemy ships and then type the "This team sucks nobody helped me" crap.

How can I not be Toxic at that point???

• Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[WAIFU]
Members
852 posts
11,408 battles
30 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

Chat can be disabled but you can still ping the map and send quick commands. 

im surprised you and 07 have chat privileges

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

Support will not tell you what got you banned. The last one I had the previous month raked in a boilerplate form letter from support referring to the game agreement not to be bad in chat. I have zero chat in game and zero in port and zero problems from that direction anymore.

Yes Ranked is a big problem if not from chat but also from people spamming well done etc. They get blocked. The well done is not a nice thing actually, its a weaponized annoyance because they think you derped the game and lost it for all. We have a week to go in ranked and that will be over for the time being anyway. I do roll the recording every game so that if something did happen again like a ban, that will go to support and its easy to see that there is nothing to support it.

The game chat etc is one of the most toxic ever online. And thats a shame because it can also be a great asset in battle. I do not do port chat either. Just strictly with Clan where there is no problems anywhere.

Edited by xHeavy

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
232 posts
9,856 battles
31 minutes ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

im surprised you and 07 have chat privileges

What's that supposed to mean lol.  My nickname is "Toxic" for ironic purposes, satire almost.  

[GGWP]
Members
7,308 posts
17,217 battles
48 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I am expecting it. But I cannot be blamed. There should be a certain level of player in ranked play. You should have at least some sense of how to play the ship you chose to bring.

Then there are losers that die because they get erased by 4 different enemy ships and then type the "This team sucks nobody helped me" crap.

With this ranked rework you expect good play?? Where any numbskull can drop his mouse on the floor and still get to gold and get trapped there? 

Members
7,047 posts
21,866 battles
53 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

It isn't worth it. As usual I took a break for a few weeks and now trying to get out of gold. 400PR 44% players are all over the place. Guy in Des Moines popping Radar with no one possible within 15km yet, 40% in his Des Moines...From this point I am only concentrating on re-generating the ability to create the elite xp machine that was my account before this patch.