Jump to content
Capt_Ahab1776

Ranked

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,756
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,913 posts
18,107 battles

The latest version of Ranked is about to complete it’s last week. This is a new adaptation of Ranked Sprint. I will give it credit due, it pays more than regular Ranked Sprint. Steel and gold doubloons are for the taking if a player progresses to the Gold League. 
 

I generally get a Ranked Sprint vibe in  Bronze and Silver league. Gold league it takes on more of a regular Ranked feel to it. The players over all are more, shall I say persistent. There are exceptions to the rule, some as always catch favorable MM and may end up a little farther along than they normally would (looks at myself lol). 
 

If IIRC this is a ongoing event with small breaks in between. Overall, I give it a thumbs up. 
 

What are your takes? Do you have similar feeling about the mode itself? Something different?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,578
[RLGN]
Members
15,505 posts
27,211 battles

Been too busy with everything else the last three months(?)

Mostly spamming UUs, but dockyard and x-flakes as well.

Never much been a fan of Ranked. The lack of carryover (outside the league placement,) between seasons was a huge turnoff, and was enough of a reason to just say ‘goodbye’ to Ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[USCG]
Members
737 posts
22,555 battles

I like it, but think I prefer the old system (standard ranked, not sprint) and rewards better. 

I advanced to the silver league a few weeks back and have no desire to go any further.  I collect my 400 steel for 12 wins and am happy. It’s nice that I don’t have to advance in levels, just win. I swear I’m win one - Lose one this week... 

I do miss the flags though. Always seemed to haul in a bunch of flags in the old ranked system. 

Time will tell...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
352
[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,097 posts
11,548 battles

Well I played more ranked then I have in previous seasons due to the sprint nature. Which I did like. I earned just as much steel or more and some other rewards like the coal and dubs. It was a fun session and if this is almost always gona be available I’ll keep playing it for sure. I’d like to see the credits and flags rewards come in like in some of the old ranked but otherwise I felt the rewards were fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,756
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,913 posts
18,107 battles

One thing I like is the access to steel. Due to my work schedule CB’s are out of the question unless I mercenary during EU prime time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
831 posts

only thing i didnt like is the after 12 wins payout ....there isnt any until you get to rank 1.....so it is possible to make it to rank 5  get your 12 wins ...and stay at rank 5 until the next season and you are only playing for credits and fxp during that time .....

also noticed more people are close to getting their 210 star ranked emblem or already have it ...we need a continuation of those emblems...im sure the art department could come up with nice looking additions for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,578
[RLGN]
Members
15,505 posts
27,211 battles
2 minutes ago, arch4random said:

...also noticed more people are close to getting their 210 star ranked emblem or already have it ...we need a continuation of those emblems...im sure the art department could come up with nice looking additions for this

If that doesn’t include the stars from (old) Ranked, then that’s just another reason to dislike (new) Ranked.

210 wins? Not in any way worth the hassle of playing Ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
831 posts
14 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

If that doesn’t include the stars from (old) Ranked, then that’s just another reason to dislike (new) Ranked.

210 wins? Not in any way worth the hassle of playing Ranked

the emblems are improved by the number of stars you have collected ..so moving up a star in ranked gets you closer to the next emblem..just like the collectors club emblems ....only thing is the emblems stop at 210 stars collected ... you still have the stars collected from the old system and stars collected from the new system are still rewarded for these emblems ..which is a good thing ..

getting a star is like getting a ship for your collection...you dont lose stars for your emblems at the start of each season..they are saved and count towards your count to a new emblem..

the rewards arent to bad and need a buff ..theres gold in them rocks..

sorry to hear its not your thing

 

Edited by arch4random
no reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,720
[SGSS]
Members
5,591 posts
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

The latest version of Ranked is about to complete it’s last week. This is a new adaptation of Ranked Sprint. I will give it credit due, it pays more than regular Ranked Sprint. Steel and gold doubloons are for the taking if a player progresses to the Gold League. 
 

I generally get a Ranked Sprint vibe in  Bronze and Silver league. Gold league it takes on more of a regular Ranked feel to it. The players over all are more, shall I say persistent. There are exceptions to the rule, some as always catch favorable MM and may end up a little farther along than they normally would (looks at myself lol). 
 

If IIRC this is a ongoing event with small breaks in between. Overall, I give it a thumbs up. 
 

What are your takes? Do you have similar feeling about the mode itself? Something different?

I thought it was a long rank sprint.

People play like it.  DD that head to the 10 line and complain know one is spotting and blaming planes.

A BB driving to A cap.  Out of the game the entire.match. finally.get back in with 5 min to spare only to take his full HP ship and ram a BB with 1k health and we lose.  

So heaa same as always.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,578
[RLGN]
Members
15,505 posts
27,211 battles
27 minutes ago, arch4random said:

sorry to hear its not your thing.

Played every (old) season starting from season two at tier 7, (Mahan.)

I think I had maybe two seasons at tier 13, and one at tier 11, all the rest were effectively tier 15, in order to collect the season flag, and that’s it. There was no other motivation, even in the seasons where I ended higher just because I kept winning.

I can’t honestly say Ranked was ever anything better than a neutral experience; just a way to collect (as I said,) one more decorative flag.

That’s why it was so easy to give it up. I literally don’t understand why others like it. I can understand the words they might say; ‘I like the competition,’ for example; but I still don’t understand them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×