You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

The Kremlin Is Everything I Hoped It Would Be! This Ship Can Make An Average Player Better Than You Really Are

27 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
241 posts

In one of my other posts I mentioned I was working on the Kremlin and Vermont. I finished the Russian line last night and decided to bring it into Ranked today. This thing is a beast and with full tank spec it can last a long time under heavy fire from multiple ships. The guns do ok damage, although it never seems to be 100% dependable. Most cruisers you citadel easily if broadside but you do get the occasional volley where they are 8km away and you hit for a paltry 5000 or something. However most ships even if angled you can take 5-10k chunks of their life away with every shot. You can also citadel BB's if they show you broadside but again, I don't always find it to be dependable. You will however take enough chunk out of their health to be satisfied. Case in point I got the citadels in this game on a Yamato cause they have a big weak spot if you know where to shoot.(just under their front gun, some call it the cheek)

I'm still on the Kansas in the U.S. line and I'm hoping to have the Vermont by this upcoming weekend. Again, I'm an average player so if you are too and have been considering the Kremlin, it's a great ship in my opinion. It's not completely idiot proof but as long as your not showing broadside, you will do good damage and survive even if focused by 2-3 ships. Always wait till you have at least 2 fires before using those precious repairs. I think with my spec I get 5 of them but you want them to last the bulk of the game so don't blow them on just one fire as you can heal up that damage periodically. 

Have fun out there :)

Kremlinz.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
2,308 posts
22,676 battles

Yep, combine her with a certain Captain for loads of fun :D

[SOBA6]
Members
241 posts

Even the secondaries on this thing are nice, I just got a Close Quarters kill in this game as well as Dreadnaught and High Caliber. Also got to test the AA as we had a CV game and it was pretty decent. I wouldn't say amazing but it was good enough. He did get some torps through but with my 46% torp protection they didn't hurt that bad. I think this is my new favorite ship, at least until I get the Vermont.

Kremlinz1.jpg

• Boring 1

[VORTX]
Members
559 posts
7,361 battles
8 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Even the secondaries on this thing are nice, I just got a Close Quarters kill in this game as well as Dreadnaught and High Caliber. Also got to test the AA as we had a CV game and it was pretty decent. I wouldn't say amazing but it was good enough. He did get some torps through but with my 46% torp protection they didn't hurt that bad. I think this is my new favorite ship, at least until I get the Vermont.

Kremlinz1.jpg

Secondaries and AA are a trap. They are decent at the start of the game but they get destroyed very quickly and easily. One or two fires and they’ll be at zero. CV will love you EOG. 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,223 posts
15,857 battles

Krem is okay, but will suffer under the new Captain rebork.... to each his own, but it is my least fav or T10 BB.  Tanky, but folks burn you...and show your  broadside and it citadels like a CA imho....

[CAAT]
Members
911 posts
4,543 battles
14 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

Kremlinz1.jpg

Congrats, good game! Kremlin is an exceptional ship.

But I only see 41 secondary hits....so how many secondary shots were fired versus how many hits? That would give us a better picture of your secondaries accuracy, since that is the issue with secondaries builds now.

[SOBA6]
Members
241 posts
1 hour ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Congrats, good game! Kremlin is an exceptional ship.

But I only see 41 secondary hits....so how many secondary shots were fired versus how many hits? That would give us a better picture of your secondaries accuracy, since that is the issue with secondaries builds now.

If I remember right it fired around 160. I'm not at home right now but I'll check when I get back. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,085 posts
11,499 battles
1 hour ago, Morpheous said:

Krem is okay, but will suffer under the new Captain rebork.... to each his own, but it is my least fav or T10 BB.  Tanky, but folks burn you...and show your  broadside and it citadels like a CA imho....

Why will it suffer? I think if anything the new skill tree makes it even tankier  with more repair and heals and longer duration of them. 

Members
6,204 posts
8,073 battles

"Paltry" 5000 damage, he says.

Meanwhile, most of the cruisers are crying because that's around 10% or more of their HP pool.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
2 hours ago, Morpheous said:

but it is my least fav or T10 BB

57 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Why will it suffer? I think if anything the new skill tree makes it even tankier  with more repair and heals and longer duration of them. 

I don't think the Kreml is bad....but at the same time the only Tier 10 BB I'd consider ranking worse than the Kreml in the current meta would be the GK, and even then I'd still rather play a GK.

Ideally the Kreml wants to take DE, CE, FP and ERE, but it can only get 3.  ERE is mandatory because the Kreml has limited DCP and fewer heals than standard BBs.  CE is also pretty mandatory, which forces the Kreml to choose between deadeye and FP.  With FP and no deadeye the Kreml is pretty much the same BB it was before...except it's been left even further behind in the meta.  With deadeye and no FP it takes a massive hit to its main strength (survivability) while it's still somewhat limited in its role as a sniper. 

Again....the Kreml is by no means a bad battleship, it's still even quite decent, but every other Tier 10 BB also got a lot stronger with the rework.

Edited by yashma

[WPE-2]
Members
115 posts
1,108 battles

At least with the kremlin you have to put your ship in danger .  Unlike the thunderer and Cv's which make avg players look like gods

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,223 posts
15,857 battles
21 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

See above analysis ^^^ which nails it pretty well.

Members
96 posts
3,818 battles

Kremlin is the only true brawler in ranked. Stay at the range where other ships' secondaries haven't "rained", and exploit that bastard firing angle and 457s to smash all cruisers. Oh, Kremlin also got a 46% reduction of torp hits. The only problem may be a kiting Thunderer. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,748 posts
14,688 battles

The thread title reminds me of a song by The Mamas & The Papas:

...Kremlin, Kremlin, it was all, I hoped it would beeeee,

Every other ship (Every other ship) every other ship on the map is miii-III-IINE, Yeah!!! But wherenever Kremlin comes, but whenever Kremlin comes you can find me laughin’, of the tiiime!

Baaa-daaaah, baah-daah-dah-daaah!!!

Kremlin, Kremlin, so good to meee!

But, Kremlin-Kremlin, Kremlin-Kremlin, couldn’t guaraannnteee, that my damn  WoWs team, it would still, push up with meee!!

• Boring 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,218 posts

The Kremlin is a functional warship. I would hope to research and buy her someday in the tech tree. I can already examine the thing and see what the engineers were thinking when they designed her. One flaw would be her air defense. Pretty tough on the outer but very little for the inside.

When I see a Krem in battle its usually a most unwelcome bit of timing and out of position to do anything but get sunk. However I do a check in game start to see if there are any Krerms, Geos and so on and then work to improve situational awareness to take them out when necessary. I like to assassinate them while their turrets are occupied on the other side of the hull. The secondaries are crappy enough to be able to push it and unload all 15 torps into the Krem with the Shima. And even then with that ship's torp protection and the new 10.0 skills that improve it further I will need some skills add on to improve torps with a bigger boom. Some destroyers do not have enough power to sink the Krem on the first pass and thats a big problem.

So I like the ship and would use it myself and at the same time I am drawn to it because of it's fat 100,000+ hull. Deleting it is something I like to do in game. Poof all gone.

Members
603 posts
11,091 battles
On 1/26/2021 at 2:18 PM, Morpheous said:

Largest HP, great armor, devastating guns and shells....if an arguably OP ship with all these traits like Krem somehow "suffers" from this rework, I would certainly feel it's justified, same with Petro.

Beta Testers
897 posts
10,645 battles
On 1/26/2021 at 11:55 AM, Warped_1 said:

Yep, combine her with a certain Captain for loads of fun :D

which captain is that - been away for a while and am having trouble with Krem. Get burned down to waterline really fast why I try to tank her. And sitting at range isn't what she's meant to do... 

Members
30 posts
3,627 battles
1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

Largest HP, great armor, devastating guns and shells....if an arguably OP ship with all these traits like Krem somehow "suffers" from this rework, I would certainly feel it's justified, same with Petro.

Frankly, I don't think the ship was that overpowered leading up to the rework. After its sigma nerf, the guns really don't perform well at long range and even in close range the guns are subject to really trolly dispersion a lot. So the survivability being really strong is justified since it doesn't really have much else going for it. 

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,223 posts
15,857 battles
21 hours ago, Singularity_invader said:

I personally would take any other T10 BB over the Krem in CWs or randoms...though maybe move GK back behind Krem w the secondary bork.  But to each his own...

Members
603 posts
11,091 battles
21 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

I personally would take any other T10 BB over the Krem in CWs or randoms...though maybe move GK back behind Krem w the secondary bork.  But to each his own...

The fact that Krem has been one of the most picked BBs in KotS ever since it came out overrules everyone's opinion, including mine.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KSC]
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
6 minutes ago, Singularity_invader said:

The fact that Krem has been one of the most picked BBs in KotS ever since it came out overrules everyone's opinion, including mine.

Ships are picked in competitive for different reasons than they're played in randoms, and really isn't the best indication of their overall random battles strengths.

• Cool 2

Members
603 posts
11,091 battles
5 minutes ago, yashma said:

Ships are picked in competitive for different reasons than they're played in randoms, and really isn't the best indication of their overall random battles strengths.

It isn't the best indication, but it's still a valid indication. Random battle performance of popular and unpopular ships in competitive modes would end up with the same results, given the condition that they were both in the right hands. Random WR on the stats website is a solid piece of evidence.

[KSC]
5,295 posts
8,554 battles
1 hour ago, Singularity_invader said:

It isn't the best indication, but it's still a valid indication. Random battle performance of popular and unpopular ships in competitive modes would end up with the same results, given the condition that they were both in the right hands. Random WR on the stats website is a solid piece of evidence.

Not necessarily.  Again, in competitive teams select ships for very specific reasons with the intention of using them in a coordinated plan.  The Kreml is used in KoTS  because its tankyness makes it the ideal ship to spearhead a team push, but even then, teams still run a wide variety of BBs apart from the Kreml depending on map and line up.  There are also several major differences between KoTS and random battles.

1.  There are no CVs in KoTS.  The Kreml fairs particularly bad in a CV meta, which is partially why almost no one in Typhoon/Hurricane used the Kreml in the last clan battles season.

2.  KoTS is 9v9 with only two BBs and purely objective based rewards.  This somewhat limits the long range HE spamming BB damage farm meta that the Kreml is less suited to.

3. KoTS is a clan mode where all 9 players on the team are coordinated and on voice chat, allowing them to actually plan their pushes and take maximum advantage of the Kreml's presence.

The Kreml is by no means a bad BB, but in the current state of the deadeye randoms meta the only BB I'd really put below the Kreml would be the GK.

Edited by yashma
  • Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,223 posts
15,857 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

Not necessarily.  Again, in competitive teams select ships for very specific reasons with the intention of using them in a coordinated plan.  The Kreml is used in KoTS  because its tankyness makes it the ideal ship to spearhead a team push, but even then, teams still run a wide variety of BBs apart from the Kreml depending on map and line up.  There are also several major differences between KoTS and random battles.

1.  There are no CVs in KoTS.  The Kreml fairs particularly bad in a CV meta, which is partially why almost no one in Typhoon/Hurricane used the Kreml in the last clan battles season.

2.  KoTS is 9v9 with only two BBs and purely objective based rewards.  This somewhat limits the long range HE spamming BB damage farm meta that the Kreml is less suited to.

3. KoTS is a clan mode where all 9 players on the team are coordinated and on voice chat, allowing them to actually plan their pushes and take maximum advantage of the Kreml's presence.

The Kreml is by no means a bad BB, but in the current state of the deadeye randoms meta the only BB I'd really put below the Kreml would be the GK.

and thank you very much....