You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

When is WG gonna address the problems with updates?

50 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,682 battles

seriously it's been 7 days, and i can't play another minute with the game in it's current state. Don't care if i finish dockyard at this point even though i paid for it. unplayable. 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
3 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

seriously it's been 7 days, and i can't play another minute with the game in it's current state. Don't care if i finish dockyard at this point even though i paid for it. unplayable. 

I am having a lot of fun in lower tiers. Give it a try until high tier play settles down.

[KWF]
Members
5,588 posts
6,903 battles

At least one patch cycle, so 3-4 weeks since the patch hit the live server to address the more broken stuff. And that if we are lucky.

Edited by warheart1992

[TWWB]
Members
116 posts

Any changes (or bug fixes) takes time for development, testing and implementation..

Factors like severity of the issue, reproducibility of an issue and the type of issue can effect how long it will take. I would be inclined to speculate at minimum a few weeks, realistically about a month or conservatively several weeks from the problematic update release.

Edited by scoots76

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
13 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

At least one patch cycle, so 3-4 weeks since the patch hit the live server to address the more broken stuff. And that if we are lucky.

They do have the option of Hot Fixes for things like Deadeye where I think needs a downside to go with the large benefit.

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
5,588 posts
6,903 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

They do have the option of Hot Fixes for things like Deadeye where I think needs a downside to go with the large benefit.

Not disagreeing but even 0.8.0 CVs that were pretty much broken took some time to be toned down. Besides who knows how much data WG will want to get before going with certain changes.

[SGSS]
Members
5,591 posts
39 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

They will change them right after the free reset hits.

Also its not that much different.

[SGSS]
Members
5,591 posts
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Lower it to 5 percent?  Have a stealth hit to it like the HE stealth hit for CA

That the horrible skill better HE but you get 0 stealth at that point.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Not disagreeing but even 0.8.0 CVs that were pretty much broken took some time to be toned down. Besides who knows how much data WG will want to get before going with certain changes.

Yeah, some changes cannot be done quickly and adding a downside to Deadeye is a good example of how much and how large needs to be well thought out or it becomes either no impact on the positive or breaks it completely so it is a never take skill.

I think they will be more likely to change captains skills as they have in the past and small tweaks are easier to apply.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
17 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Lower it to 5 percent?  Have a stealth hit to it like the HE stealth hit for CA

That the horrible skill better HE but you get 0 stealth at that point.

I feel that a downside would be better as 5% is likely more than a four point skill is really worth.

• Cool 2

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles

I said it once, and I'll say it again, in terms of BB skills:

1) Buff Improved Secondary Battery Aiming skill to -50%, secondaries accuracy is WAY too low right now, especially for non-"improved dispersion" BBs.

2) Rework Grease the Gears to apply the +0.7 deg/s like Expert Marksman did OR buff it to +25%. It's dumb as heck that it gives a bigger buff to faster turret traverse, and a lesser buff to slower turret traverse. Bass ackwards thinking there, WG...

3) Nerf Dead Eye, either take off the penalty from Super Heavy AP Shells and tack it onto Dead Eye OR just make Dead Eye a flat -5% dispersion buff. Maybe with a reload nerf.

4) Even though this isn't about BB skills, drop the cost of the 1.2 million Commander XP just to get two dumb points already! WAYYYYY too expensive, holy geez.

but honestly, even if Wargaming did just 1) and 3), I'd be happy. All 4 fixes would be astounding, but 1) and 3) need PARTICULAR attention.

And that's just for battleships! We haven't gotten to cruisers, or DDs, or CV fixes yet. Although I know that the cruiser max detection DPM build is like the DUMBEST thing to ever exist. It's hilariously dumb!

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
26,053 posts
28,799 battles
47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They only seem to do hot fixes for things that are causing game crashes or being dumped straight to port, etc.    I doubt that they'll do a hot fix for Dead Eye.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

They only seem to do hot fixes for things that are causing game crashes or being dumped straight to port, etc.    I doubt that they'll do a hot fix for Dead Eye.

True

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,682 battles

best idea yet.. let's just roll it back to 9.12 captain skills. there was nothing wrong with them to start. i don't get the CV hate except at tier 10... i have every tech tree carrier and 3-4 of the premiums, and i can barely get in one attack before my planes are gone. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
5,746 posts
9,263 battles

There’s no problem with the most recent update, and no necessity for change at this time. Once they’ve gathered enough data on the back end WG will make any changes that seem necessary. 

• Boring 2
  • Meh 3

Members
562 posts
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

There’s no problem with the most recent update, and no necessity for change at this time. Once they’ve gathered enough data on the back end WG will make any changes that seem necessary. 

Hope WG has a way to patch in a playerbase if that's the plan. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
3 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

best idea yet.. let's just roll it back to 9.12 captain skills. there was nothing wrong with them to start. i don't get the CV hate except at tier 10... i have every tech tree carrier and 3-4 of the premiums, and i can barely get in one attack before my planes are gone. 

With subs in the works the skill tree needed to change. Better to do it now.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,682 battles

changing it by making every ship in the game worse to play, and throwing off the entire flow of gameplay is not fine. Subs is just another fiasco in the making.... unless they test it in it's own game type again. 

• Meh 1

[JMMAF]
Members
683 posts
9,013 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

With subs in the works the skill tree needed to change. Better to do it now.

Seems counterintuitive.  Wouldn't it make sense to see what problems subs generated and then fix the commander tree?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
2 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Seems counterintuitive.  Wouldn't it make sense to see what problems subs generated and then fix the commander tree?

Where in the current tree do you put the sub skills? We can argue all day about the method they chose but changes were needed for that and for some of the skills and I would rather deal with those changes now instead of at the same time as another ship type is added.

[JMMAF]
Members
683 posts
9,013 battles
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Where in the current tree do you put the sub skills? We can argue all day about the method they chose but changes were needed for that and for some of the skills and I would rather deal with those changes now instead of at the same time as another ship type is added.

Unless I am blind, I didn't see any sub tree talents on the current commanders. If I missed them, then I apologize. 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I doubt you'll get that in a hotfix. 

IMO, a hotfix is only going to tweak values. A downside being added would be done in a patch.

Plus, that's a bit of a major step, WG would probably want more data before doing it.

The biggest thing is, you can estimate or extrapolate a simple reduction. Adding a downside means an additional factor to balance.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,870 battles
2 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Unless I am blind, I didn't see any sub tree talents on the current commanders. If I missed them, then I apologize. 

No reason to put them in when there are no subs and I am certain that they do have them. Let's work on the skills for the ship types that are in the live game first.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,992 posts
9,887 battles
31 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

Not much chance of that happening.

Best case, some old skills get put back in their respective profiles.

Plus, that carries its own issues. Would you rather have to re-respec 200 ships, or lose all progress since the rework dropped?