Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Volron

T6 Juruá and T2 Alte Abreu

21 comments in this topic

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts
16,981 battles

Today I decided to take a look at my Captain's Logbook after picking up the Ninja Mysore (calling her that since I accidentally click on Premium Shop in port, and spotted her) to see what other ships I am missing, and I noticed that these two showed up.  I don't recall seeing any mention of them either.  :Smile_hiding:  Does anyone happen to have any information about them?

@Lert, @LittleWhiteMouse, @Hapa_Fodder, are you able to share anything I likely missed? :cat_paw:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,067 posts
20,775 battles

Nope, sorry, don't know anything about them. Do you have patch notes or announcements listing them?

<Edit> Ninja'd by Hapa. So they're clones of Gallant and Albany, huh.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

Supertester
464 posts
13,171 battles
Just now, Volron said:

Today I decided to take a look at my Captain's Logbook after picking up the Ninja Mysore (calling her that since I accidentally click on Premium Shop in port, and spotted her) to see what other ships I am missing, and I noticed that these two showed up.  I don't recall seeing any mention of them either.  :Smile_hiding:  Does anyone happen to have any information about them?

@Lert, @LittleWhiteMouse, @Hapa_Fodder, are you able to share anything I likely missed? :cat_paw:

Almirante Abreu was an event ship mostly given to the Brazilian Community as the first BR ship in the game, though I believe CCs have gotten access to them. Juruá was recently announced on the Dev Blog, but the ways by which it will be given away are still unknown as far as I'm aware. Abreu and Juruá are copies of Albany and Gallant, respectively.

• Thanks 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,196 posts
16,981 battles

:Smile_facepalm:  Course it would be the spot I forgot to  check. :Smile_hiding:  Thanks everyone! :cat_cool:

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,599 posts
10,726 battles

I remembered the Alte, but forgot the Jurua.

I thought it would take longer to burn that out of my memory.

[TFFOX]
Members
1,074 posts
2,588 battles
42 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I thought it would take longer to burn that out of my memory.

I thought I was going to throw up when I saw that

[-1]
Members
772 posts
10,885 battles
53 minutes ago, Lert said:

So they're clones of Gallant and Albany, huh.

Interesting fact: Filho is a clone of Dasha!

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,563 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

So they're clones of Gallant and Albany, huh.

Pretty much, but they have *excellent* permacamos.  The Jurua snake looks so much better in 3-D than in the released picture.

19 minutes ago, dimzzy said:

Interesting fact: Filho is a clone of Dasha!

I thought Dasha and Dasha and Dasha and Dasha and Dasha and Dasha ... were clones of Dasha.

Edited by iDuckman

[WOLF7]
Members
821 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

Almirante Abreu was an event ship mostly given to the Brazilian Community as the first BR ship in the game, though I believe CCs have gotten access to them. Juruá was recently announced on the Dev Blog, but the ways by which it will be given away are still unknown as far as I'm aware. Abreu and Juruá are copies of Albany and Gallant, respectively.

Another interesting thing to me is that Juruá may be a copy of Gallant, but the bridge design looks similar to Icarus. "rounded/tapered" vs "squared-off/flat"

Edited by HamAndCheez
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,641 posts
5,247 battles

I'm so touched to have access to clones with ridiculous skins as part of the PanAm tree...  I'm totally thrilled.

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Boring 2

Supertester
464 posts
13,171 battles
Just now, HamAndCheez said:

Any interesting thing to me is that Juruá may be a copy of Gallant, but the bridge design looks similar to Icarus. "rounded/tapered" vs "squared-off/flat"

Yes, the model is slightly different. Juruá was ordered by Brazil in 1938, but was requisitioned by the British in 1939, and was renamed to Handy and later Harvester. Props to WG for implementing those differences, small as they may be, although in order to have the same performance as Gallant they kept all 4 main battery turrets, when in reality Juruá was meant to be more focused on ASW and thus had one of her turrets removed.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[HINON]
Members
8,636 posts
12,566 battles

oh right, that T2 ship that look like someone spilled the entire dockyards supply of paint on it and the T6 thats something out of a nightmare that not even Freddy or Jason would touch with a 30 foot pole

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,563 posts
4,771 battles

I bet yuo don't like the Jimmy Buffet camo for Atlanta.

[OGF]
Members
120 posts
5,872 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Benevolent_Fair said:

Almirante Abreu was an event ship mostly given to the Brazilian Community as the first BR ship in the game

I have the Albany but I want this Tier II so bad and I can't have it because I'm not Brazilian and it kills me because probably I'm the only person on the planet who would ever spend money on it and I'll never be able to.  

[USN]
Members
1,480 posts
20,224 battles
5 hours ago, HamAndCheez said:

Another interesting thing to me is that Juruá may be a copy of Gallant, but the bridge design looks similar to Icarus. "rounded/tapered" vs "squared-off/flat"

could that be just your eyes or the fact that the Camo on her is um...distinctive and eye drying.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,563 posts
4,771 battles
3 hours ago, buglips said:

I have the Albany but I want this Tier II so bad and I can't have it because I'm not Brazilian and it kills me because probably I'm the only person on the planet who would ever spend money on it and I'll never be able to.  

Some CCs are giving them away. Perhaps they can be bribed.  Drop in to Lord_Zath's stream (and others) to take your chance.

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

Hopefully they’ll be available outside of the Brazilian community at some point. 

[WOLF7]
Members
821 posts
On 1/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, tfcas119 said:

could that be just your eyes or the fact that the Camo on her is um...distinctive and eye drying.

Icarus, notice "angled/tapered" front of bridge/superstructure and arrangement of portholes:

image.png.ba5938d0a8cfa8b9fdaaa8deca32c9f8.png

image.png.da1ba18ddf73e403ac82f1f23fa927f1.png

Now Juruá, notice same "angled/tapered": bridge/superstructure as on Icarus with the same single porthole on the "angled" facet: 

image.png.ebfa9b604ce5d7a27ff5566570fec7fa.png

image.png.718ff6b30f0abefee661e9257f1f6dc4.png

Now look at Gallant. The front of the superstructure is not "tapered", it is flat and squared off:

image.png.f1b09f5f4146a616ca9237e04ce1b73e.png

image.png.bfac7b1d16aa9ab7e7af29ac5a24ae00.png

Edited by HamAndCheez

[USN]
Members
1,480 posts
20,224 battles
22 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Icarus, notice "angled/tapered" front of bridge/superstructure and arrangement of portholes:

definitely interesting they call it a Gallant clone when its more an Icarus clone. Unless it has Gallant's consumables (normal DD smoke and Speed Boost) and torps (2x4 8km) and that's what they meant 

Sign in to follow this