Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

Resubmission: Tier 3 Encounter/Operation - Operation Dogger

5 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,396 posts
2,208 battles

So I am going to submit an operation with a small caveat. This would be a tier 3 scenario. This is loosely based around the Battle of Jutland but not exactly it. Here's how it would shake down.

The Premise

After a major fleet battle, enemy ships are retreating south. The naval command has called your reinforcements to intercept and keep them occupied so they can join up and defeat them.

Guidelines

Team Size - 7 (ships have to be tier 3), 2 AI repair ships

Number of enemy waves - 3

Map - Custom included at bottom. Team starts at Star, enemy waves come from bottom and tops of map.

Wave 1 - Scouting Force

3 tier 3 CA/CL’s 

2 tier 2 DD

Wave 2 - Reinforcements

2 tier 4 BB’s

3 tier 2 CA/CL’s

2 tier 5 DD’s

Wave 3 - Main force

2 tier 4 BB’s

1 tier 5 BB

4 tier 4 CA/CL’s

4 tier 4 DD’s

Wave 3.5 - Friendly Reinforcements

5 tier 5 BB’s join once half of the wave 3 enemies total hit points are gone

Primary Tasks

- Destroy all main force ships before they can leave to the bottom of the map

- Survive till the friendly main force joins up with you

Secondary Tasks (1 star for each one completed)

- 50% of player ships survive encounter

- Destroy all enemy battleships

- All friendly AI ships survive

- First wave defeated before second wave started

- Second and first wave defeated before third wave started

I have yet to determine rewards as of yet. Map is at bottom.

Map.jpg.c4ae89e768b04a45769982c373b2541d.jpg

• Cool 4

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,265 posts

Sounds interesting but the bad news is that WG is not interested in scenerios and ops . They would rather sell ships to everyone instead of expanding their game to a larger crowd who play these types of battles. 

It's been discussed that ops could be made to work at any Teir . Same concept you have but with selectable beginning teir ships . The game compensates for your choice in teirs . Adding diversity to the game is great. This allows every ship in your port to potentially be used in operations and give you incentives to use ships other wise collecting rust in your ports.

Good show m8. GL

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,396 posts
2,208 battles
4 minutes ago, Versili said:

Sounds interesting but the bad news is that WG is not interested in scenerios and ops . They would rather sell ships to everyone instead of expanding their game to a larger crowd who play these types of battles. 

It's been discussed that ops could be made to work at any Teir . Same concept you have but with selectable beginning teir ships . The game compensates for your choice in teirs . Adding diversity to the game is great. This allows every ship in your port to potentially be used in operations and give you incentives to use ships other wise collecting rust in your ports.

Good show m8. GL

Yeah I know this is basically beating my head against the wall but I figure if I keep posting the ideas and enough people respond positively maybe they will do something, someday. If they do decide to after all of that then it will be worth it for a game I really love.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,265 posts

Yeah most of the hard core ops players would be pleasently surprised to see more content available

Tag the forum moderators in.

Happa would probably look into it. Or maybe one of the others . You never know .

Edited by Versili

[FEB-M]
Members
87 posts
5,103 battles

Except for the TIER, that does not fit into WoWs' player progression level for Operations, the idea completes my proposal of "Reduced Historic Battles", in 

The sides then were different, but would be fun to have UK vs RU ...  or UK,US,FR vs RU,DE,? ...

Sign in to follow this