You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

Yeeeaah!! My first 21 pointer!!!

21 comments in this topic

Members
745 posts
72 battles

Finally I can start to earn a bit of Elite Captain XP again!

shot-21_01.26_17_17.12-0478.thumb.jpg.e68c7b21baa2c28ceeaa8aa5f15d8f95.jpg

Also good that it is on Cunningham which I think beside Kuznetsov is one of the more OP commanders and who I use on both Daring, Cossack, Thunderer, Nelson, Duke of York and Belfast, Exeter and London. So running these ships with commander camo and flags should give me some return.

What I did was just to Dismiss a lot of wasted 10-14 point commanders that was collecting dust in port from all nations using the ingame credit option and Boom 1.2 Million Elite XP. Wont miss those dismissed captains since my 19-20 points Legendary captains with their extra bonuses and triggers, has taken their places on 4-5 or 6 ships in their respective nation.

I could probably boost my Kuznetzov to 21 as well, who need lazy captains and credits.....

• Cool 5

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,356 posts
13,559 battles
3 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

What I did was just to Dismiss a lot of wasted 10-14 point commanders that was collecting dust in port from all nations using the ingame credit option

WG (patting themselves on the back): Good job!

• Funny 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles

Wow, non elite caps earn xp too! That explains why I have 49k elite xp and not one 21 pt commander

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,621 posts
19 minutes ago, atl_grunge said:

Well done captain! Wg is proud.

:Smile_veryhappy:

I mean, what did you want him to do?  This whole thing is not getting reversed or rolled back to the way it was. People have already spent money on it and a ton of 21 pointers have been created, played etc etc.  They would have to roll back the entire game, and reverse every action that every player has made since the patch dropped at this point.  That isn't going to happen.

If you have a bunch of captains sitting around doing nothing, WG isn't going to care that you don't convert them to boost another captain for in game credits, at all. 

Not doing so just slows down the player.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
30 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Congrats! Well done!

FYI: ALL your Captains earn Elite Captain XP now (5% of CXP earned is ECXP now).

Grats and this ^^^^

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,402 posts
2,216 battles

Good job, need to grind my Roma some more to hit 21 now. Get the captain ready for those spicy Italian BB's.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,348 battles

Congrats!  Your captain is now no better than it was at 19 points before the rework and in some cases worse off. Time to celebrate! 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[PHD]
Members
260 posts
8,252 battles
1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Finally I can start to earn a bit of Elite Captain XP again!

shot-21_01.26_17_17.12-0478.thumb.jpg.e68c7b21baa2c28ceeaa8aa5f15d8f95.jpg

Also good that it is on Cunningham which I think beside Kuznetsov is one of the more OP commanders and who I use on both Daring, Cossack, Thunderer, Nelson, Duke of York and Belfast, Exeter and London. So running these ships with commander camo and flags should give me some return.

What I did was just to Dismiss a lot of wasted 10-14 point commanders that was collecting dust in port from all nations using the ingame credit option and Boom 1.2 Million Elite XP. Wont miss those dismissed captains since my 19-20 points Legendary captains with their extra bonuses and triggers, has taken their places on 4-5 or 6 ships in their respective nation.

I could probably boost my Kuznetzov to 21 as well, who need lazy captains and credits.....

I had 4 19 point commanders before (2 German, 1 Japanese, and 1 French). I have upgraded 1 German and the Japanese commanders to 21 points so far. I did it like you did. Congratulations!

• Cool 2

Members
745 posts
72 battles
1 hour ago, WaywardVariable said:

Congrats! Well done!

FYI: ALL your Captains earn Elite Captain XP now (5% of CXP earned is ECXP now).

Hey, having a sheeiiiit ton of 10-12-14 point captains that I havent used in over 2 years, over 100 M credits and also a bit of OCD im just happy A-F to clean out my reserves a bit. Loving the Recall button to just swish my 21 point Cunninham between 5-6 different ships.

• Cool 2

[USCG]
Members
737 posts
22,550 battles

Congrats! I stockpiled my ECXP for months before the change went live. I have four 21 pointers so far with another one about 100k away...

• Cool 2

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
698 posts
5,919 battles

I was just over 200,000 pts from my first 19 point commander. Bye bye goal posts...

• Sad 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles

@Oldschool_Gaming_YT, is Kuznetsov worth the 175k coal? He is the only one I don't have and it would take me about a week to spin him up to 19 points at least. I've been giving it some thought, anyway.

And what you did is the route I took as well. Good job!

Members
745 posts
72 battles
20 hours ago, Burnsy said:

I mean, what did you want him to do?  This whole thing is not getting reversed or rolled back to the way it was. People have already spent money on it and a ton of 21 pointers have been created, played etc etc.  They would have to roll back the entire game, and reverse every action that every player has made since the patch dropped at this point.  That isn't going to happen.

If you have a bunch of captains sitting around doing nothing, WG isn't going to care that you don't convert them to boost another captain for in game credits, at all. 

Not doing so just slows down the player.

Exactly! Now I cleaned out my closet (reserve) and taken a couple of hundred thousend credits from my 100 Million and I got 2 21-point captains (Cunningham and Yamamoto) which I can use on many great powerful ships. If WG wants some of my 100 M credits and some of my 10 point captains back that I never use they can have them.

19 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Congrats!  Your captain is now no better than it was at 19 points before the rework and in some cases worse off. Time to celebrate! 

So you think it isnt better that I instead of using Cunniham and his special OP triggers ONLY on Daring I can now trigger him with specialized build on Daring (extremely strong DD, some say strongest DD at T10), Thunderer (broken OP and even more so now with Deadeye), Cossack (Flamus best pick for 2021), Belfast (Broken OP since 1994), Nelson (Conqueror heal and HE at T7)?? You dont think this is an improvement? then im sorry.

This way I can trigger extra heals for the BBs every game I play with a easy Witherer so I dont need to waste skill points for Superintendent.

I can get extra consumables (smoke, heal, hydro etc) for Daring and Cossack (no heal) for free so I wont waste skills on Superintendent. And also faster ship and faster reload.

Faster reload and extra smoke, hydro, radar on my Belfast.

I for one think this part of the update is quite good and worth investing som credits I never have use for or some 10-12 point captins I never used ever.

18 hours ago, Khafni said:

@Oldschool_Gaming_YT, is Kuznetsov worth the 175k coal? He is the only one I don't have and it would take me about a week to spin him up to 19 points at least. I've been giving it some thought, anyway.

And what you did is the route I took as well. Good job!

Many consider him most OP of all legendary captains since he have that last ditch repair and heal which can be game changing in many matches. I dont play Russia that much so he will be 3:rd on my list for 21 points after Cunningham nad Yamamoto which I thigger special talents on in every other game.

But imho just going by their special triggers and extra bonuses I would probably rank them:

1. Kuznetzov

2: Cunnigham / Yamamoto

3: Halsey

4. German guy

5. French guy

6: Italian guy

But its usually up to more then that. What nations do you prefer? What classes do you play and how? Best captain is the guy that triggers for you most and in my case that is definatly Cunnigham / Yamamoto. I have a full playlist of games where I gotten Yamamotos triggers both for First blood and Kraken in same game in Akizuki on my channel.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
3 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Many consider him most OP of all legendary captains since he have that last ditch repair and heal which can be game changing in many matches. I dont play Russia that much so he will be 3:rd on my list for 21 points after Cunningham nad Yamamoto which I thigger special talents on in every other game.

But imho just going by their special triggers and extra bonuses I would probably rank them:

1. Kuznetzov

4. German guy

5. French guy

But its usually up to more then that. What nations do you prefer? What classes do you play and how? Best captain is the guy that triggers for you most and in my case that is definatly Cunnigham / Yamamoto. I have a full playlist of games where I gotten Yamamotos triggers both for First blood and Kraken in same game in Akizuki on my channel.

He is the only one I don't have so I will likely grab him - once I see what new coal ships are coming (if any) in the next patch.

I play all nations with no real preference and have had extra bonuses triggered in both Cunningham and Luejtens (German guy!).

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles
5 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Exactly! Now I cleaned out my closet (reserve) and taken a couple of hundred thousend credits from my 100 Million and I got 2 21-point captains (Cunningham and Yamamoto) which I can use on many great powerful ships. If WG wants some of my 100 M credits and some of my 10 point captains back that I never use they can have them.

So you think it isnt better that I instead of using Cunniham and his special OP triggers ONLY on Daring I can now trigger him with specialized build on Daring (extremely strong DD, some say strongest DD at T10), Thunderer (broken OP and even more so now with Deadeye), Cossack (Flamus best pick for 2021), Belfast (Broken OP since 1994), Nelson (Conqueror heal and HE at T7)?? You dont think this is an improvement? then im sorry.

This way I can trigger extra heals for the BBs every game I play with a easy Witherer so I dont need to waste skill points for Superintendent.

I can get extra consumables (smoke, heal, hydro etc) for Daring and Cossack (no heal) for free so I wont waste skills on Superintendent. And also faster ship and faster reload.

Faster reload and extra smoke, hydro, radar on my Belfast.

I for one think this part of the update is quite good and worth investing som credits I never have use for or some 10-12 point captins I never used ever.

1. Kuznetzov

4. German guy

5. French guy

I like your work. I personally rank them according to how easy it is to proc the talent. Under that rubric I put the russian guy first, Italian guy second, and polish guy third and the rest are, to me, about (But not exactly) the same as the the variants With just enhanced skills.

• Cool 1

Members
1,466 posts
On 1/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, STINKWEED_ said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,348 battles
8 hours ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Umm, yeah. The only thing gained is being able to move your captain to other premium ship types. That's it! Most of my premium ships already had 19 pt captains.

The downside is that my 21 pt captains are now worse off than when they were 19pt captains and I've spent 1.2M to update each, 3.6M in total. We lost some needed skills. Many ship gun ranges were nerfed to kingdom come due to this. In a month from now retraining captains will no longer be free. You will have to shell out doubloons.

Deadeye managed to take a broken game and make it more broken. instead of promoting more engagement, most BBs are just sitting at the back of the map sniping. You think this is an improvement?  If so, you need a reality check. 

Members
745 posts
72 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 10:43 PM, STINKWEED_ said:

Umm, yeah. The only thing gained is being able to move your captain to other premium ship types. That's it! Most of my premium ships already had 19 pt captains.

The downside is that my 21 pt captains are now worse off than when they were 19pt captains and I've spent 1.2M to update each, 3.6M in total. We lost some needed skills. Many ship gun ranges were nerfed to kingdom come due to this. In a month from now retraining captains will no longer be free. You will have to shell out doubloons.

Deadeye managed to take a broken game and make it more broken. instead of promoting more engagement, most BBs are just sitting at the back of the map sniping. You think this is an improvement?  If so, you need a reality check. 

All my ships had 19 point captains as well, but that isnt really tha same then having a Legendary captain with skill bonuses and special trigger bonuses that grants you extra heals, smokes, reload, radars, hydros etc etc every game you play.

Hey, this game is going straight down that toilet ..... but that is no news, its been happening for quite a few years now.. The fact that WG is totally incompetent in balancing this game or listening to player/buyer feedback is also no real news right? The fact that since "CV rebalance" I can have fun playing about maybe 8-10 of my 100+ ships in port is also no news, its just WG being WG. The fact they thought introducing a skill like Dead eye and make T10 camping Meta even more camping is not surprising to me.... I mean this is the company that thought CVs, Thunderer, Smolensk, Belfast etc etc  was good for this game. And soon they will hit the last nail into this coffin with submarines and teamkill spamming Kitakamis.

So im totally with you regarding the skills portion of this update is just another one of WGs clusterfucks that we juat have to swallow. But since I can just play 8-10 ships these days in the CV/Thunderer/Smolensk Meta, I do quite enjoy getting trigger bonuses from my Legendary captain on all those few ships I still enjoy to play, and the fact I boost said captains to 21 points using some of my 100 M credits and some forgotten 10 point reserves is a good thing for me.

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT