Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yesman1337

Makarov Buff Idea

6 comments in this topic

[EQV]
Members
132 posts
1,370 battles

Its essentially the Nuremberg but with some slight modifications such as the removal of aviation facilities and equipment and it being replaced with extra AA armament. So just a thought why not give it DFAA as I recently got it out of a crate and it just seems rather weak with only hydro and mediocre guns not much armor and short range torps. Maybe Im just playing it wrong but I feel it could use a buff.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,393 posts
10,734 battles

Makarov does have DFAA. Like most cruisers, you need to give up hydro to slot it. With Nurnburg/Makarov, that’s not necessarily a bad option considering she is a long-range kiting ship first and foremost.

Makarov is a slightly modified version of the old C hull Nurnburg, which gave up half its torpedo armament and the aircraft catapult for more AA.

Edited by Nevermore135

[EQV]
Members
132 posts
1,370 battles
7 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Makarov does have DFAA. Like most cruisers, you need to give up hydro to slot it. With Nurnburg/Makarov, that’s not necessarily a bad option considering she is a long-range kiting ship first and foremost.

Makarov is a slightly modified version of the old C hull Nurnburg, which gave up half its torpedo armament and the aircraft catapult for more AA.

I didnt know that though still only DFAA or Hydro seems a little weak in comparison to other cruisers.

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

I disagree. It's what was C Hull Nurnberg. Good AA for a t6, can slot def aa, has excellent gun properties. Just like Nurnberg the Makarov is an incredibly strong kiting cruiser with HE and has good AP potential for late game. 

[USN]
Members
1,475 posts
20,180 battles
47 minutes ago, Yesman1337 said:

I didnt know that though still only DFAA or Hydro seems a little weak in comparison to other cruisers.

almost every cruiser in the game has DFAA and hydro. Its just that everyone takes hydro because DFAA is absolutely useless and AA isn't much better.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
5,737 posts
9,263 battles

No, the premium that's a clone of a tech tree ship does not need a buff to make it better than the originating ship.

Sign in to follow this