You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
weiwaynezhang

with Dead Eye, Italian BB will be beast?

19 comments in this topic

[2020]
Members
155 posts
3,999 battles

the most complain I heard about italian BB is the dispersion. And dead eye Roma is a beast now.

Just saying

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,662 posts
25,803 battles
5 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

the most complain I heard about italian BB is the dispersion. And dead eye Roma is a beast now.

Just saying

I agree. Roma got a nice buff from this whole ordeal. Italian BBs should feel better now, because I was concerned about their sigma originally but I'm fine with it now. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,092 battles
4 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

Just saying

Yea I have to try her again but Dead eye is kind of situational though just get in a little closer and it doesn't work . This is a little easier in tier 8 games and her HE is not really great like the Thunderer is it ? But the Roma really hurts when it hits you .

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
13 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yea I have to try her again but Dead eye is kind of situational though just get in a little closer and it doesn't work .

If you really pay attention your deadeye is active a lot more than you would think, even without "hugging the back line".  the ships have to be visible within your detectability range.  With some of these ships, particularly Roma, have really low detectability.

DD's aren't going to stay lit up in that range and cruisers don't want to be in that range of a BB.  Regarding BB's, once one gets within your detectability range you don't really "need" deadeye.  When I was testing out dead eye, I was surprised, just playing normally and not "trying to position myself to keep it active" it was still active a lot, even pushing caps.  The only thing that "really" threatens it early game is DD's, but again, they have to be actually visible to negate dead eye.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,092 battles
2 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

If you really pay attention your deadeye is active a lot more than you would think, even without "hugging the back line".  the ships have to be visible within your detectability range.  With some of these ships, particularly Roma, have really low detectability.

DD's aren't going to stay lit up in that range and cruisers don't want to be in that range of a BB.  Regarding BB's, once one gets within your detectability range you don't really "need" deadeye.  When I was testing out dead eye, I was surprised, just playing normally and not "trying to position myself to keep it active" it was still active a lot, even pushing caps.  The only thing that "really" threatens it early game is DD's, but again, they have to be actually visible to negate dead eye.

Maybe a dumb question but how do you know it's active while you pushing caps and just in battle it can be hard to keep track of everybody no ?

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
222 posts
1,706 battles
43 minutes ago, weiwaynezhang said:

Just saying

a Pasta Test ship did consistent 20k salvos against my angled NC with SAP and probably running deadeye this weekend....no wonder WG has been slowly nerfing them because if those stats used to be better, all other BB lines are sunk. 

[2020]
Members
155 posts
3,999 battles
10 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Maybe a dumb question but how do you know it's active while you pushing caps and just in battle it can be hard to keep track of everybody no ?

If you push, you should not expect dead eye bonus at all.... just my thought

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,092 battles
1 minute ago, weiwaynezhang said:

Well I was thinking the same but he said different . I was just wondering how he kept track of it all .

[-HOH-]
Members
17 posts
1,741 battles
1 minute ago, Roken1 said:

a Pasta Test ship did consistent 20k salvos against my angled NC with SAP and probably running deadeye this weekend....no wonder WG has been slowly nerfing them because if those stats used to be better, all other BB lines are sunk. 

dude, SAP just murders Cruisers and DD's. You cant angle against SAP and expect shatters. Everything a SAP shooting ship can hit when your angled in or away is pen-able no matter what your class. Even BB's only have (for the most part) 32mm bow and stern sections. 

[Y0L0W]
Members
20 posts
7,999 battles

It’s very simple really, if no one is spotted within your detection circle on the map, you have the bonus active. 

[-HOH-]
Members
17 posts
1,741 battles
1 minute ago, MemezRus said:

It’s very simple really, if no one is spotted within your standard detection circle on the map, you have the bonus active. 

FTFY! btw the Standard detection range is your concealment when not shooting. You know, like, what the concealment number is until something changes it. Like shooting or being on fire, or in smoke. Hence standard :)

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
24 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I mean you can turn on your detection bubble in the mini map and just look at it and see if there are red ships within it.  Which obviously is harder to tell right after you fire.  But a quick scan of the field if you know your detectability range will tell you if there are any visible ships in your bubble.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
15 minutes ago, Roken1 said:

The funny thing is, they are going to nerf them into dead eye being absolutely necessary to be accurate at all at range.  Which negates their entire alleged purpose of this rework which is to give you options and not have "required" skills.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,140 posts
11,186 battles
2 hours ago, weiwaynezhang said:

Just saying

This entire thread makes me want to bang my head into a wall repeatedly.

Roma/Littorio are snipers already. They have excellent dispersion to begin with and were already perfect ships to abuse Dead Eye.

Vittorio Veneto, their sister, is the tier 8 in the tech tree, and is designed to play completely different. The tech tree Italians are going to have the worst dispersion in the game, and are intended to be brawlers. They are night and day different from the current premiums. Dead Eye will be wasted on them.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[A-I-M]
Members
3,764 posts
14,705 battles
22 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Roma/Littorio are snipers already. They have excellent dispersion to begin with and were already perfect ships to abuse Dead Eye.

Incoming!!!

Three...Two...One...

[NMKJT]
Members
2,988 posts
8,215 battles

Deadeye won't save these ships on the accuracy front, with their mediocre range to concealment ratio plus bad sigma; that's the price of BB SAP.

The pre-tech-tree-gimmick premium BBs will work fine with it though.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,557 posts
5,888 battles
3 hours ago, clammboy said:

Turn on your detection range ring on the minimap.  If there aren't any visible enemies inside of it, it is active.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,092 battles
1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Turn on your detection range ring on the minimap.  If there aren't any visible enemies inside of it, it is active.

Thanks 

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles
5 hours ago, weiwaynezhang said:

IF your concealment range is like...say, 11.8km or so, then you can technically play it mid-range, which imo is more comfortable, but you DO run the risk of losing Dead Eye bonus if a DD ends up in your detection range or something suddenly...