Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Barazzuolio

With Unique Commanders now of greater value which one is the best?

9 comments in this topic

[K0]
Members
216 posts
5,041 battles

I hadn't previously considered buying a 175 000 coal commander but now with the new increased versititily of a uniue commander im gonna make the plunge. What are you Captains views on the unique commanders now? The french and russian captains seem like they are verging on overpowered with how well their skills parallel their playstyles. With French DDs being in a good place right now the French Admiral seems like a good choice.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,714 battles

just go with the nation you play the most bud... the russian one is amazing if ya play russian ships.

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,738 posts
36,699 battles

They are all good in one way or another, but if you need to choose: Lutjens.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,094 posts
11,548 battles

I’d say wherever you have the most ships that you play a lot to use them. I picked kuznetsov because there are so many premium/special Russian ships so I leveled him to 21 and let the ecxp flow. Lutjens would be great for me to but I’m too cheap to spend that much coal on a commander 🤣

Edited by ditka_Fatdog

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles
3 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I’d say wherever you have the most ships that you play a lot to use them. I picked kuznetsov because there are so many premium/special Russian ships so I leveled him to 21 and let the ecxp flow. Lutjens would be great for me to but I’m too cheap to spend that much coal on a commander 🤣

You are not kidding. I have him as a captain and started to assign Russian premium ships to "primary" status so I could grind out the XP. Everytime I look, I seem to find another ship that I missed the first time... 

[-VT-]
Members
801 posts
35,559 battles

All are good.  Pick the one(s) whose nation’s ships you play the most.

I have a bunch of USN, IJN and Russian premiums so Halsey, Yammomoto and Koznetsov were easy decisions to advance to 21.

Swirski joined the group last night.

Cunningham and Luigi are in my port but will take a while to build up the xp to advance them.

Lutjens?  In the Armory.  I have the coal but won’t buy anytime soon.  My German premiums in port are mostly BBs...and I am a DD main.  No compelling reason to get him at present, tbh.

[X-PN]
Members
1,509 posts
11,953 battles

Most of the captains just got a nerf in their abilities.... don't see how they are more valuable.

If you are referring the ability to use them in multiple premium ships, that is true for all captains.  I have some "regular" captains that are 21 points that I already do that with.

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
22 battles

I spent my coal on Luigi for my Venezia and upcoming Italian BBs. 

Deadeye + Far Reach + Rapid Fire with SAP sounds too fun. 

Sign in to follow this