Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Colorado

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
882 posts
14,185 battles

I've decide to go up the new US BB line and am back in the Colorado. I don't remember it's guns being so accurate, absolutley loving it. Does this carry up the rest of the new line? I hope so!

[RLGN]
Members
15,488 posts
27,194 battles

More a matter of you being a lot more experienced now, you don't make mistakes like you used to, when you originally got Colorado.

Most recent example of that for me was Duca a'Costa. Total garbage whne It first came out. Needed to play it recently, and it wasn't so bad.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
12 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Colorado did get a Sigma buff, but that was maybe around 2016.

It was much more recent than that. Yeah, Colorado was garbage the first time I played it. Now it's a beast.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,567 posts
25,658 battles
8 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

It was much more recent than that. Yeah, Colorado was garbage the first time I played it. Now it's a beast.

I wouldn't call it a "beast," I have much harsher words for the ship.  But it used to be far, far worse when the game first came out.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I wouldn't call it a "beast," I have much harsher words for the ship.  But it used to be far, far worse when the game first came out.

I've been playing it in the past few days after resetting the line and pulling a 3.2k PR and 2.5 kills on average. The thing deletes ships left and right.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,096 battles
4 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Wasn't the first word that popped into my mind either.. Grinding up the US lines when I started, I only sold two US ships. The Chester and the Colorado. The snowflake event got me to buy the CO back and I have been using it in co-op to farm first wins to unlock Kansas. It is truly a miserable experience and may take her into PvP to grind it faster. I am still short 90k XP so that is 90 more co-op games, maybe 80 if I have some good matches. Once I have Kansas, I can go back to just using it for snowflakes. The upside is I have one of my last remaining 14 point captains on her so when I finish this grind, I get to sell him and replace him with a zero pointer. 

[NSEW]
Members
460 posts
4,053 battles

Really that bad? I found I liked NM and Colorado a lot, sort of wish there were more ships with USN 356mm guns those were great guns

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,096 battles
11 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Really that bad? I found I liked NM and Colorado a lot, sort of wish there were more ships with USN 356mm guns those were great guns

Everyone's mileage may vary. I tend to hate most BBs anyways, only like cruiser play so the CO just seems insufferable to me. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,567 posts
25,658 battles
24 minutes ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

34 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I've been playing it in the past few days after resetting the line and pulling a 3.2k PR and 2.5 kills on average. The thing deletes ships left and right.

Unless that Standard USN BB is named either Arizona, West Virginia '41, or Vermont, I hold zero respect for them.

One common problem they have is trash speed.  This leads into all sorts of problems regardless of their tier.  Ranging from inability to get to a fight in time, inability to be somewhere important in time, inability to run and save itself if things are looking bad, etc.

Second common problem they have below Tier IX is trash deck armor that HE spammers have always loved farming.

Third common problem they have, and a more recent thing WG inflicted on all USN Standards, was removing the good speed retention they had during turns.  Colorado used to be good on turns, now they all bleed speed and drop to a crippling pace.  This came about at around the same time the USN BB Split took place.  A good 'ol "F--k You" parting gift from St.Petersberg to celebrate the split going Live.

Colorado's one fantastic thing from the RTS CV days was her great AA.  But the CV Rebork took that away.

I personally have very low regard for 8-gun BBs, despite what their Sigma says.  RNG is a b*tch and 8-guns isn't enough shell to fly to make up for when Lady Luck decides to flip you off.

As low of an opinion I have of LOLORADO, it could be worse.  At least she's not Gneisenau in the same tier, nor is she Kansas, New Mexico, nor New York.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

But it used to be far, far worse when the game first came out.

I recall someone saying it had a FORTY FIVE second reload way back when, which should put Kansas in perspective. (And speaking of Kansas, after her... what is it, TWO sigma buffs now? She's sweet.)

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

As low of an opinion I have of LOLORADO, it could be worse.  At least she's not Gneisenau in the same tier, nor is she Kansas, New Mexico, nor New York

I don't understand why you would hate the Colorado but make an exception for the West Virginia. Of course RNG will be a [edited], as you say, sometimes but RNG happens to any ship you play. I just ground through the CO for NC and I'm doing it again now for Kansas since I reset both splits and the guns have been very reliable. Also nothing wrong with NY or NM either, I liked both of them much better than the IJN BBs of the tiers. Why do you also make an exception for Vermont? The trash speed makes things all the worse at T10. I like the gunnery an all with that ship, but I find it hard to be very influential in a match with it.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I recall someone saying it had a FORTY FIVE second reload way back when, which should put Kansas in perspective. (And speaking of Kansas, after her... what is it, TWO sigma buffs now? She's sweet.)

Good to hear, I played through it before they gave any buffs to Kansas. Hoping the second time around will be a better experience.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,416 posts
10,773 battles
5 hours ago, hexeris said:

I don't remember it's guns being so accurate, absolutley loving it. 

Colorado’s guns are very comfortable and somewhat unique among USN 16” guns (at least before the split - I haven’t played Vermont yet). North Carolina, Iowa, and Montana have super heavy shells that hit like trucks, with the drawback of lower muzzle velocity and “floatier” shells. Colorado was standard shells that fire on noticeably flatter trajectories while maintaining very good accuracy (2.0 sigma). It’s much easier to land shells at range compared to the aforementioned ships (particularly NC, which has notoriously floaty shells that take a lot of practice to get used to.)

In regards to Colorado in general, it’s my opinion that people like or hate her for the same reasons most players like or hate the new USN BBs - for some players the lack of speed is simply a deal-breaker. If you can work around that, she can definitely perform well at her tier.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,958 posts
9,887 battles
3 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I don't understand why you would hate the Colorado but make an exception for the West Virginia.

My guess would be that, with WV being T6, it doesn't see the big maps in T9/10 matches.

I liked Colorado as much as New Mex, except in T9 matches. The ship itself was ok, but it took forever to get into position.

Sign in to follow this