You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
forresta65

Slava the Mediocre Giant

7 comments in this topic

[OBSO]
Members
9 posts
7,398 battles

the Slava is at most a tier 8 ship. The armor is impotent at best and the ROF is too slow to compete at tier 10. for a ship that requires 63000 research points it is a disappointment. It looks good, and I guess as a trophy it stands out, but the grind for a trophy was not worth it. I wonder if there is a way to return it or trade it for a more effective ship. I know I am not a star player, but this ship is unplayable at any level that would be fun. Disappointed Wargaming. This is not the ship the reviewers were playing. Please fix it. I want to like it.

[PVE]
Members
10,880 posts
18,771 battles

I got Ohio before Slava but Slava is next. It doesn't matter if it is indeed, truly crappy. I'll just keep it as another snowflake in that case.

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Members
2,988 posts
8,215 battles
23 hours ago, 95th_CA_BDE said:

You’re not good enough in the ship to play it well

More like Slava isn't very good for its limitations. I cringe whenever I get one on my team, even if it's someone better than me. I was thinking of getting one awhile back, but once I saw enough of them in battle I abandoned that idea. Though I'd still take it over an Ohio if someone put a gun to my head, because at least Slava has some character.

• Cool 1

[OBSO]
Members
9 posts
7,398 battles

Good Enough to do 20 times better with the Tirpitz. The Slava is broke. it melts under any type of attack no matter how well it is angled. I will keep it as a trophy. It isn't really good for anything else. I agree with you MnemonScarlet. 

[OBSO]
Members
9 posts
7,398 battles

It is not even that as much as every single hit is a major HP loss even from destroyers. Angling is nonexistent and you can't even think about getting into the fray. As long as the flank holds and you can plink from long distance you are alright. If not you might as well fold because everything overmatches the armor. No maneuverability to dodge, no armor and glacially slow turrets for a 62000  grind. It is a trophy to put on the mantle. It seems like this was a way for wargaming to pull a bunch of XP out of circulation.