Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
timinindiana

This game is so predictable it makes me chuckle

10 comments in this topic

[AOI]
Members
273 posts

I can with 95% accuracy predict my winning and losing streaks in random games. I won like 12 in a row yesterday. When I got on today I fully prepared my self for the inevitable losing streak that was due today. I have been able to predict these streak for the last two years with almost 100% accuracy. Oh I get a day here and there where its a 50% win loss day but not very often. I am not salty at all about this and find it funny when I am on a losing streak and start seeing my worst win percentage map which is "strait"  pop up in half my games along with  engine and steering modules being knocked out even in battleships four or five times a game "from bow hits even". I just laugh at this and accept my losing streak has begun and I know I am working my way back to a winning streak with every loss put behind me. I guess it all evens out in the end and I do enjoy this game even if it has become so predictable. As an added bonus I am old so I am less rigid about change in patterns now and rather find comfort in the routine of winning and losing streaks. However  over the long run of five plus years on wow I can say it has not always been like this. The first three years or so on wow winning and losing was much less streaky. If you played say seven days in a row you would get only about two days of either losing or winning streaks. That percentage  has flipped starting about two years ago and for me  now its the exact opposite five days of either winning or losing streaks and two days or less not streaky. This is just my experience and no this is no salt. I am happy where I am at in this game.

Comments welcome on this observation.

For those who just sit on the forums and salivate at the chance to get off their high horse and post ego driven negative comments please do comment here I welcome laughter at your expense.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,553 posts
4,771 battles
3 minutes ago, timinindiana said:

That percentage  has flipped starting about two years ago and for me  now its the exact opposite five days of either winning or losing streaks and two days or less not streaky. This is just my experience and no this is no salt. I am happy where I am at in this game

I'd say the player has changed rather than the game.  Somebody got gud.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,540 posts
6,776 battles

I can predict mine as well, all I gotta do is put on any special flags, the "expensive" at the bottom of the list, and instant loss.    I've been running some here and there for extra commander XP trying to stack bonuses, I put on the flags, loss, I take them off, win with 100% consistency 

[AOI]
Members
273 posts
1 minute ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

I usually restart the client to reroll the RNG.

Funny u said that I was doing that while posting on forums. About to go back in game now. I work night shift and am off tonight so playing some wow.. Take care fellow captain

[LANCE]
Members
867 posts
6,490 battles
4 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

I can predict mine as well, all I gotta do is put on any special flags, the "expensive" at the bottom of the list, and instant loss.    I've been running some here and there for extra commander XP trying to stack bonuses, I put on the flags, loss, I take them off, win with 100% consistency 

My insta-lose is simply to enable Naval Battles whether it be base-xp OR damage. Take a ship out and do great, realize I forgot to turn on Naval Battles  enable it and boom insta-lose with the worst performance ever in that ship!! 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,259 posts

I find joy in zero karma rather.

Had a ranked earlier today where I turned left, drove 5 squares damaged two dd's and a cruiser, came back across and took a base. A generic game. Nothing fancy or that stands out.

End of game get reported for bad game play by half the team. There is nothing to deduct in zero. zero  minus zero equals zero. It has no meaning. The next game I collected one or two by avoiding a known torp boat. *Shrugs.

Members
427 posts
3 hours ago, Tokamak_Raven said:

I usually restart the client to reroll the RNG.

This, at least in concept.  I consistently find if I stop playing a losing ship and come back later it changes far more than not.  And, it's the same with closing the game completely and then reopening the game right away or later.  The game is not as random as it appears and neither is MM or RNG.  For example, there have been many days I get detonated twice in one day in a DD I get detonated in less than 2 out of 100 games.  Same with devastating AP strikes on CAs I play.  Close the game and reopen or play another tier (which completely avoids overlap with the tier I just played) and it resolves far more than not.

Edited by nhf

Sign in to follow this