Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pawncow

How to release Perth Captain after I sold ship?

16 comments in this topic

[WAKE]
Members
2 posts
11,589 battles

How do you release captains from lines in which you no longer have any ships of that line??

• Funny 1

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
391 posts
14,970 battles

Well you should not have sold the ship.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,733 posts
4,263 battles

Why would you sell Perth? It's a premium ship. Even if you don't like it you lose nothing by having it in your port, and you can use it for snowflakes, missions, etc if you ever want to.

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
229 posts
9,855 battles

Even though selling it was senseless, you've discovered another fun loophole of the rebork... You can't!!! 

if you have no ships left of a nation, you can't access the reserve of that nation! ding ding ding

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

Beta Testers
3,285 posts
26,944 battles
46 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Why would you sell Perth? It's a premium ship. Even if you don't like it you lose nothing by having it in your port, and you can use it for snowflakes, missions, etc if you ever want to.

Why ???   One  word   POTATO..........................

[SYN]
Members
3,750 posts
24,260 battles
1 hour ago, Pawncow said:

How do you release captains from lines in which you no longer have any ships of that line??

Send a ticket to support and wait

New system is as efficient as the real navy now!

Members
3,949 posts
43,391 battles

The number one rule in WG players rule book is to never sell a premium you bought or got free unless the following rules apply:

1. It is discontinued because it was a poop ship  and would never be placed in a holiday container. 

2. The premium is a tier 2.

3. At its tier, it could not train the commanders of that nation tech tree because you have another premium ship that can.

Most players hoard their premiums to maximize their drop chances every holiday season to get that one unicorn drop of a premium that is most sought after and that they would sacrifice their unborn child for. 

But if you hoard all of them, that container purchase will be small and you actually spend less on that holiday year. The drop chance is then in your favor almost immediately.

Never sell a premium.

Never!

Except that Ishizuchi. It is not on that drop list.  Good riddance! LOL 

[WAKE]
Members
2 posts
11,589 battles

Thanks for all the positive responses--lol--yea I probably shouldn't have sold, just raging against 10.0 .

PotatoHead out--

• Haha 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,230 posts
12,066 battles
16 minutes ago, Pawncow said:

Thanks for all the positive responses--lol--yea I probably shouldn't have sold, just raging against 10.0 .

PotatoHead out--

TOUGH CROWD TONIGHT no respect - Rodney Dangerfield | Meme Generator

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,462 posts
14,934 battles
18 hours ago, Pawncow said:

17 hours ago, ToxicSymphony said:

Even though selling it was senseless, you've discovered another fun loophole of the rebork... You can't!!! 

if you have no ships left of a nation, you can't access the reserve of that nation! ding ding ding

I put this feedback in right away, I understand where you are coming from. My suggestion was to make a "Reserve" tab, like the "Port" tab, where you can see all your capts.

That being said, and unrelated, best practice don't sell premiums! I have made this mistake in the past too!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[TFFOX]
Members
1,059 posts
2,527 battles
17 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Except that Ishizuchi. It is not on that drop list.  Good riddance! LOL 

no, keep your Ishizuchi. I want to farm you for free citadel hits

[WOLFG]
Members
11,540 posts
10,689 battles
2 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I put this feedback in right away, I understand where you are coming from. My suggestion was to make a "Reserve" tab, like the "Port" tab, where you can see all your capts.

That being said, and unrelated, best practice don't sell premiums! I have made this mistake in the past too!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thanks.  I have two Commonwealth captains and have never had a permanent ship (had Perth as a free loaner one weekend).

But maybe I'll win one (hint, hint).

• Cool 1

Members
3,949 posts
43,391 battles
9 hours ago, AdmiralFox08 said:

no, keep your Ishizuchi. I want to farm you for free citadel hits

I don't have it anymore. You can't make me buy it either. WG knows how much I dislike that ship. It is supposed to be the baby Kongo, it is more the baby Freddy before the German BB main gun Buff. 

Back when it was first sold. It was terrible. Aim at a BB, hit the Pensacola on my own team instead. 

And he was behind me. Fight DDs, sure. DD players back then were poking it like it was a piñata because secondaries was meh and WG was like okay, we make it sorta work. But it sorta missed DDs. 

All the AP bounced off everything back then, even Pensacola. If I citadeled a Pensa, it was an achievement. Players would go out drinking because that ship was bad at citadels.

To get one, you were a BB god, then WG stepped in and said, it had to be nerfed, then buffed, then adjusted, then it was left alone, added in a bundle, attached to a flyer on a telephone pole.

WG was worried that nobody liked it back then. 

The version you see today was the culmination of 8 updates.  3 just to get the guns to work. The first update made it detonate too much. The Devs were a wee bit adventurous in those days. 

I don't know. It is not my cup of tea. I would rather sail a Kawachi than that thing. 

[TFFOX]
Members
1,059 posts
2,527 battles
10 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I would rather sail a Kawachi than that thing. 

ok now I get how bad the thing is. 

Sign in to follow this