Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Mikasa is a hilarious exception to the secondary nerf

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

3,274
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,630 posts
9,965 battles

Decided to test the Mikasa secondary accuracy buff. Before you wouldn't even take ManSec on Mikasa, because you'd want secondaries to fire on both sides. Mere +15% accuracy wouldn't be worth it. Now you get 35% dispersion bonus on a focused ship while still getting to fire on the other side. And fire you will, there are lots of bots at low tiers now and they love to rush:

O9zDmNY.jpg

Still, out of five kills two were DDs captained by fellow seal clubbers (checked in MMM). Guess secondary and main battery buff caught them off guard (remember, +10% reload applies to latter because of new Close Quarters Combat, since there is always a bot in your secondary range)

boTPfc2.jpg

Secondary damage is 6X more than main caliber damage #justmikasathings

XiJB8Hh.jpg

10/10 battle. Got 30 secondary signals too.

lnwhDqc.jpg

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,073
[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles

It still amazes me that people willingly close range against Mikasa in PVP.

 

Those Cruisers and Destroyers you murdered could all have easily stayed out of Mikasa's secondaries, which IMO are here real main battery weapons.  Tier II DDs have way better torpedo range to stay out of secondaries range.  The Cruisers can all hang back and be frustrating for Mikasa to hit solely with her main battery.

 

Yet players still try to get close to Mikasa like moths to the flame.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It still amazes me that people willingly close range against Mikasa in PVP.

 

Those Cruisers and Destroyers you murdered could all have easily stayed out of Mikasa's secondaries, which IMO are here real main battery weapons.  Tier II DDs have way better torpedo range to stay out of secondaries range.  The Cruisers can all hang back and be frustrating for Mikasa to hit solely with her main battery.

 

Yet players still try to get close to Mikasa like moths to the flame.

I think they stealth buffed Mikasa's main battery some time ago. I've been reliably hitting with one shell, and often more, on every volley even at max range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,007
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles

I haven't mine out yet and am looking forward to it. Another ship with secondary performance improvement is Warspite. 15% bumped to 35% is a nice buff!

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
14 posts
352 battles
15 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Got 30 secondary flags too.

lnwhDqc.jpg

When did they change how many / how often flags are rewarded?  Used to be you only got them for the first award every 24 hours (right?) so even if you earned the same award (be it Confederate, Kraken etc.) over several battles you wouldn't ever get more than 10 flags / day (much less / battle)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,630 posts
9,965 battles
2 minutes ago, BlueCutlass said:

When did they change how many / how often flags are rewarded?  Used to be you only got them for the first award every 24 hours (right?) so even if you earned the same award (be it Confederate, Kraken etc.) over several battles you wouldn't ever get more than 10 flags / day (much less / battle)...

You still can't get signals for more than one battle per day. But IN that one battle you can get multiple signal bonuses.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
239 posts
2,705 battles

Agreed, ironically the only ships that are getting buffs to secondaries are the ones they didn't want buffs being given to- low tier ones like K Albert or Mikasa. I took my K Albert out and noticed somewhat of a difference, but not noticeable, although the fact that I got teamed up on by half the reds didn't help.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,065
[-BUI-]
Members
2,544 posts
6,787 battles

It didn't gain any range though, if it could hit to at least 5 KM fully buffed, it could actually be fun to play.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[KAPPA]
Members
1,435 posts
8,085 battles
2 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

I think they stealth buffed Mikasa's main battery some time ago. I've been reliably hitting with one shell, and often more, on every volley even at max range. 

As I recall, what they did was increase the firing range without increasing the maximum dispersion, thus she could finally make hits at mid range and sometimes further.

Another ship to actually benefit in all this mess is my ARP Kirishima. I've long had a secondary build on her because it fit her personality and it helped make each of my 5 Kongo class ships different from each other. (ARP Kongo is AA build, ARP Haruna survivability and accuracy hybrid, ARP Hiei is pure accuracy and plain Kongo I think is based on Haruna's build with some slight tweaks.) I've also done something similar with my Myokos and Takaos, each ship being dedicated to one particular style, though admittedly ARP Maya's setup, maneuverability and fires is my favorite of the bunch.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,929
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles

I've taken T4 ships into low tier randoms because I wanted to get XP on them in preparation for things. Every damn trip, it's been all-humans.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
626
[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,603 posts
7,195 battles

Yeah, I'm not even really joking when I say full secondary Mikasa in co-op is now the most fun gameplay experience in this dumpster fire. They managed to make high tier even more excruciatingly tedious than it was already, which is impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
244
[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I've taken T4 ships into low tier randoms because I wanted to get XP on them in preparation for things. Every damn trip, it's been all-humans.

Ah, but when have you been going? Even T5 is largely bots after 11pm PT.  And it's a sharp divide most nights. Even down at T2, it's mostly humans until about 10-11pm PT, then it's mostly bots, and by midnight PT it's pretty much all bots, just one or two humans a side.

And, I feel dirty admitting it... but that's when I take Mikasa out for a game, and try to score as many secondary kill flags as I can. My record is 9.

Edited by Incomitatus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[--K--]
Supertester
1,447 posts
13,891 battles
1 hour ago, Incomitatus said:

Ah, but when have you been going? Even T5 is largely bots after 11pm PT.  And it's a sharp divide most nights. Even down at T2, it's mostly humans until about 10-11pm PT, then it's mostly bots, and by midnight PT it's pretty much all bots, just one or two humans a side.

And, I feel dirty admitting it... but that's when I take Mikasa out for a game, and try to score as many secondary kill flags as I can. My record is 9.

Pic of that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,073
[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles
2 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

Pic of that? 

He's gotten 9 kills under Random Battles with Mi Casa.  I looked him up.

shot-21-01-25-00-34-39-0076.jpg

Yes, it's under his Random Battles stats.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,352
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles
8 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

I think they stealth buffed Mikasa's main battery some time ago. I've been reliably hitting with one shell, and often more, on every volley even at max range. 

I did not know this, thanks for he heads up. I have used Mikasa in co-op, fired at a broadside Chester at fairly close range, and had one shell land forward of it's bow and one land aft of it's stern...... A bit of a buff to dispersion wouldn't hurt the ship at all so this is good news. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[--K--]
Supertester
1,447 posts
13,891 battles
32 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

He's gotten 9 kills under Random Battles with Mi Casa.  I looked him up.

shot-21-01-25-00-34-39-0076.jpg

Yes, it's under his Random Battles stats.

Oh I believe it's possible, I just wanted to see that detailed report tab. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,528
[NONE]
Members
3,761 posts
6 hours ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Yeah, I'm not even really joking when I say full secondary Mikasa in co-op is now the most fun gameplay experience in this dumpster fire. They managed to make high tier even more excruciatingly tedious than it was already, which is impressive.

Hell yeah! Just for silly lulz I've got a 19 point ARP commander (Kirishima I think) on my Mighty Micky. Slap on the secondary, fire chance, and ramming flags and go full Leeroy Jenkins. It's hilarious.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
14 posts
352 battles
10 hours ago, vak_ said:

You still can't get signals for more than one battle per day. But IN that one battle you can get multiple signal bonuses.

Gotcha, thanks - has it always been that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,929
[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
7 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

Even down at T2, it's mostly humans until about 10-11pm PT, then it's mostly bots, and by midnight PT it's pretty much all bots, just one or two humans a side.

I live waaaaaaay over on the Eastern Seaboard. By that time, I'm snugly in bed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[P2W]
Beta Testers
58 posts
13,316 battles

I was mad about the rework but with the Mikasa secondary exception WG has completely redeemed itself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,630 posts
9,965 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

He's gotten 9 kills under Random Battles with Mi Casa.  I looked him up.

shot-21-01-25-00-34-39-0076.jpg

Yes, it's under his Random Battles stats.

That’s impressive even against bots, my randoms record with Mikasa is “just” four secondary kills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,630 posts
9,965 battles
8 hours ago, BlueCutlass said:

Gotcha, thanks - has it always been that way?

As far as I know, yes.

Makes me wonder if ten kills will give you two Krakens haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
914
[REVY]
Members
2,609 posts
14,236 battles
19 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

< makes note to stick Yamamoto in the Mikasa for some coop fun >

 

you know he lost a finger while on that ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×