Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteadyAsSheGoes

TRAINING ROOM with same XP and REWARDS as RANDOMS

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Banned
141 posts
604 battles

I think even the PVE crowd could get into this one. Plus they would get more for their time invested. I think it would be a solution to the years old MM discontent because the player sets the MM the way they want it. :Smile_hiding:

 

Keep in mind the rewards algorithm is the same as we have now. We have 3 of these algos "that I'm aware of" one for each game mode that can be created. PVE,PVP and a hybrid of the two when server population is very low. Also the rewards algorithm will not recognize games outside of the 3 tier scope and therefore you will receive no rewards if you create games outside of this scope.

Stats? Yes there is always stats. How they will be distributed I think will be similar as to the way they are now.  

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Waiting for the "Oh wait, you're serious" Memes ... WG doesn't give Random rewards in CoOp ... why on earth would they even consider it in the Training Room ...

This is a troll, isn't it?  Needs better bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
8 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Waiting for the "Oh wait, you're serious" Memes ... WG doesn't give Random rewards in CoOp ... why on earth would they even consider it in the Training Room ...

This is a troll, isn't it?  Needs better bait.

Just a suggestion.  Why wouldn't they consider it?

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51
[PUMA]
Members
159 posts
9,751 battles
13 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

I think even the PVE crowd could get into this one. Plus they would get more for their time invested. I think it would be a solution to the years old MM discontent because the player sets the MM the way they want it. :Smile_hiding:

Hmmm. so how much of XP and reward should be given to a single  player that made all enemies "Not move" and "Not shoot?" and killed them all?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
1 minute ago, TYPHOON0216 said:

Hmmm. so how much of XP and reward should be given to a single  player that made all enemies "Not move" and "Not shoot?" and killed them all?

 

Zero I guess. They have algorithms for that kind of  trickery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
402
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
909 posts
14,079 battles

Did someone get blapped one too many times lately?

 

And as too your suggestion,

 

Q8dx5KU.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,536
[YORHA]
Members
5,256 posts
10,428 battles
55 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

Zero I guess. They have algorithms for that kind of  trickery. 

What about loading up a Yamato and going against all tier 4, 5 and 6 ships?

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,598
[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

What about loading up a Yamato and going against all tier 4, 5 and 6 ships?

Load up a tier 1 ship and kill defenseless T10 ships with fire?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
6 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

What about loading up a Yamato and going against all tier 4, 5 and 6 ships?

If a player decides to participate in that battle with their lower tier ships. I'd imagine xp and rewards would still be given out similar to the up tier rewards and xp algo we have now. 

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,612
[HINON]
Members
8,623 posts
12,538 battles
1 hour ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

Just a suggestion.  Why wouldn't they consider it?

as much as id love that, it would make every single grind easier by infinity%, because you could have the bots just sit there and do nothing and you be the only person on your team, youd rake in the XP and credits, ive seen the most damage that can be done thanks to Training Rooms, all Kremlins, 109K HP each, thats over 1 million damage you could do in every match, i dont even know how much XP and credits that would bring in under Randoms rules

so, as much as id love to see that, as itd make grinding far less of a hassle, im gonna have to go with no

Edited by tcbaker777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
7 minutes ago, Kesh_Lives said:

Load up a tier 1 ship and kill defenseless T10 ships with fire?

 

If you chose to only play against defenseless bots like that then I believe the algo would not reward you as much as loading up a tier 1 ship against armed bots or real players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

as much as id love that, it would make every single grind easier by infinity%, because you could have the bots just sit there and do nothing and you be the only person on your team, youd rake in the XP and credits, ive seen the most damage that can be done thanks to Training Rooms, all Kremlins, 109K HP each, thats over 1 million damage you could do in every match, i dont even know how much XP and credits that would bring in under Randoms rules

so, as much as id love to see that, as itd make grinding far less of a hassle, im gonna have to go with no

The reward and xp algo will only reward you as it does now. If you decide to set it up like a co-op mode you will get co-op rewards. I think the algo would require the bots will have to be moving and armed to get any rewards. Also the higher their intelligence the higher the rewards. I'm sure WG will decide if some or any missions and ops are able to be played via training room. 

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
184
[ISLA]
Beta Testers
672 posts
12,681 battles
1 hour ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

I think even the PVE crowd could get into this one. Plus they would get more for their time invested. I think it would be a solution to the years old MM discontent because the player sets the MM the way they want it. :Smile_hiding:

Nice troll thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts
3 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

Whatever that means

This is not a single player game.  It is also not a customizable game where you get to stack the odds against you or for you.  It has a built in RNG mechanic that extends to the MM, that is integral to the core game mechanics.

Your suggestion will never be considered, but you knew that when you made this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
356
[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
553 posts
12,784 battles
10 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

The reward and xp algo will only reward you as it does now. If you decide to set it up like a co-op mode you will get co-op rewards. I think the algo would require the bots will have to be moving and armed to get any rewards. Also the higher their intelligence the higher the rewards.

Or they can leave something alone that doesn't need a change and keep from messing things up more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

This is not a single player game.  It is also not a customizable game where you get to stack the odds against you or for you.  It has a built in RNG mechanic that extends to the MM, that is integral to the core game mechanics.

Your suggestion will never be considered, but you knew that when you made this thread.

KOTS was designed by players in the training room and was relatively popular.  Custom games are a thing. Add rewards and xp and people will participate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts
4 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

KOTS was designed by players in the training room and was relatively popular.  Custom games are a thing. Add rewards and xp and people will participate.  

This game is not customizable.  We don't get to pick and choose our difficulty settings.  It's major factor in the game's core design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

This game is not customizable.  We don't get to pick and choose our difficulty settings.  It's major factor in the game's core design.

In the training room we can. We just don't get rewards and xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts
1 minute ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

In the training room we can. We just don't get rewards and xp.

Exactly.  That is very much on purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banned
141 posts
604 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Exactly.  That is very much on purpose.

Its also been used to create custom games like KOTS so it has and can serve other purposes? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts
8 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

Its also been used to create custom games like KOTS so it has and can serve other purposes? 

KOTS is a competition between players.  The humans are the balancing factor because human skill and actions are unpredictable.   An unpredictable factor "IS" a balancing factor in PVP.  IE, the developer cannot control it which makes it a form of game balance.  They are left only to try to balance the tools that the players have.

WG is never going to allow players to setup their own situations with AI (and it count for something) because the task of balancing that is massive and the possibility for exploit, is mountainous.

The RNG of match maker, even in coop, takes care of a massive amount of (pseudo) balancing and exploit patching, for WG.

I top of all that, PVP is what sells most ships.  WG isnt' exactly the biggest fan of the PVE, that they provide even now.   From what I can gather, they sort of begrudgingly tolerate it as it is.  They are never going to put all the time needed in for your very complicated suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,347
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,634 posts
25,091 battles
1 hour ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

I think even the PVE crowd could get into this one. Plus they would get more for their time invested. I think it would be a solution to the years old MM discontent because the player sets the MM the way they want it. :Smile_hiding:

Matchmaking complaints come from the PvP crowd. I like being up tiered by bots because I earn more XP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts

Think about it another way.  You ever play World of Warcraft and run 5-40 man instances?  It would be like Blizzard allowing players to create their own dungeon runs, however they want.  Put this bad guy here and set the difficulty on that one, then having those dungeons drop real loot.

It would be a balancing nightmare and exploited to death.  Left to their own devices, players WILL find a loop hole that gives them an even tiny advantage, and then proceed to exploit it about 200,000 times an hour, until the game's economy (XP in this case), is decimated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×