You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

Eastern/Southern Dragon coming not coming ?

16 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles

Hey guys and kind of a collector and was looking forward to the Eastern and Southern dragon myoko class any word on if it's gonna be coming for the event

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,275 posts

Those have probably gone the way of the dodo. I have eastern dragon all I need is southern one. And there was a blue one too can't remember . But I think it was yellow green and blue . Never had a chance to grab the two latter..sad.w

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,656 posts
27,797 battles

With the current batch of Lunar New Year ships, I don't think that they're going to be offered this year.  OTOH, since Wujing, and Sanzang haven't shown up yet there could be hope for some last minute ships to ring in the Year of the Ox.

• Cool 1

[WHARF]
Members
321 posts
18,746 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

Those have probably gone the way of the dodo. I have eastern dragon all I need is southern one. And there was a blue one too can't remember . But I think it was yellow green and blue . Never had a chance to grab the two latter..sad.w

There was 4 APR SHIPS....Myoko[purple]...Ashigara[blue]..HAGURO[RED]..Nachi[green]..and correct me if iam wrong..but wasnt   S DRAGON for the year of the DRAGON...

[CO-OP]
Members
2,656 posts
27,797 battles
9 minutes ago, dadeoo said:

There was 4 APR SHIPS....Myoko[purple]...Ashigara[blue]..HAGURO[RED]..Nachi[green]..and correct me if iam wrong..but wasnt   S DRAGON for the year of the DRAGON...

Year of the Dragon was in 2012, the next one is 2024.  Southern Dragon came out in 2017, and the Eastern Dragon came out in 2018.

[-K_P-]
Members
438 posts
3,598 battles
14 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Year of the Dragon was in 2012, the next one is 2024.  Southern Dragon came out in 2017, and the Eastern Dragon came out in 2018.

Was going to question the years as I received them both the same year, but did some youtube diving first and found out the following. 

Southern released 0.6.0.1

Eastern released 0.6.5

Boy that 0.6.0.1 port interface was basic and empty...  Ive been hoping they would release the other 2 ever since I got them (preferably in a different ship) as there are 4 Celestial Dragons in Chinese Mythology.  We need some balance somewhere.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,275 posts

As per what is written in the ship description ...

Quoted word for word .

In Chinese tradition, dragons are usually depicted as long, scale covered ,snake like creatures with four legs. Four brothers - the king of Dragons- each represent one of the four seas. The name of the Dragon King of the South Sea is Ào Qin.

I have the Southern Dragon yellow Myoko. Not to be confused with the ARP ships from Blue Steel. Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi, and Myōkō..

[CO-OP]
Members
2,656 posts
27,797 battles
1 minute ago, Crij said:

Was going to question the years as I received them both the same year, but did some youtube diving first and found out the following. 

Southern released 0.6.0.1

Eastern released 0.6.5

Boy that 0.6.0.1 port interface was basic and empty...  Ive been hoping they would release the other 2 ever since I got them (preferably in a different ship) as there are 4 Celestial Dragons in Chinese Mythology.  We need some balance somewhere.

I was expecting a Northern or Western Dragon to come out in 2019, so I'm guessing that the new trend is the Journey to the West.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
2 hours ago, Meta_Man said:

Hey guys and kind of a collector and was looking forward to the Eastern and Southern dragon myoko class any word on if it's gonna be coming for the event

If WG thinks they can turn a dollar on 'em they will be up for sale!

• Haha 1

Members
3,968 posts
43,533 battles
9 minutes ago, Khafni said:

If WG thinks they can turn a dollar on 'em they will be up for sale!

That is true. A dragon ship always sells. 

But a Pikachu might sell more(but it better shoot lightning bolts instead of tracers for shells) since we got a lot of "young" players and one certain WG employee that is a Pokemon fan. 

Heck, World of Tanks got Chuck Norris. At least get us some celebrity. 

Goes off track here......

WG would be remiss (pun intended) if they don't have Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Katey Sackhoff, or maybe Eva Green.  I am willing to wager they will appeal to all across the game servers. Okay, maybe CIS might want Vladimir Klitchko or GGG. And SEA might want a prominent actor like Ken Watanabe or Chow Yun fat or Michelle Yeoh. French players might want comedy over glamour, but if it were my call, Catherine Deneuve. Italy, I have no clue. But if you went old school, a very young Sophia Loren would fire up the Regina Marina fast. 

Germany has a lot of talented actors that we actually have seen already in mainstream cinema and we just didn't know it. Some go as far back as the classics and others  as recent as independent film. Any of them is a great pick. 

Okay. So sorry I went off the rails here. 

Please resume the ..

WE want more dragon ships! And Pikachu too!

• Haha 2

[NG-NL]
Members
376 posts
10,325 battles
4 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Heck, World of Tanks got Chuck Norris. At least get us some celebrity. 

Your post was tremendously funny, but this part...oh, the memories!
They got Steven Seagal a few years ago. The voice acting was hilariously bad, like he took an extra fistful of Quaaludes before they started recording. You can still find the voiceover in Mod Pack.

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,490 battles
13 hours ago, Versili said:

As per what is written in the ship description ...

Quoted word for word .

In Chinese tradition, dragons are usually depicted as long, scale covered ,snake like creatures with four legs. Four brothers - the king of Dragons- each represent one of the four seas. The name of the Dragon King of the South Sea is Ào Qin.

I have the Southern Dragon yellow Myoko. Not to be confused with the ARP ships from Blue Steel. Ashigara, Haguro, Nachi, and Myōkō..

Right,I have the ARP myoko class ships...I want the dragons....thanks for the comment 

• Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,275 posts

Hope they bring them back ....but that's a long shot . Now a days . Lol.

Members
3,968 posts
43,533 battles
8 hours ago, imaginary_b said:

Your post was tremendously funny, but this part...oh, the memories!
They got Steven Seagal a few years ago. The voice acting was hilariously bad, like he took an extra fistful of Quaaludes before they started recording. You can still find the voiceover in Mod Pack.

Yes, I remember. He sounded like he injected himself with a horse tranquilizer before he did the recording. 

For an action star, he was okay, but he was well known as a bit of a challenge with directors.

WG could have gone with someone else, but it was the Missouri promo.

[WHARF]
Members
321 posts
18,746 battles
21 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

dont know how i missed the Eastern one...but that ok..5 myoko is plenty,,,thanks