You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Am I the only one who likes the commander skill rework?

125 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles

So many choices to pick from now. Also, I used to be clueless on what skills to pick.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,148 posts
6,214 battles
1 minute ago, Lose_dudes said:

So many choices to pick from now. Also, I used to be clueless on what skills to pick.

It's when you figure out what skills are good, and then compare them to what you had, that is when you grab your torch or pitchfork. 

Wargaming didn't really do anything except make the grind longer for a build that is close to 75 percent capacity of the one you previously had. 

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
Just now, Dr_Venture said:

It's when you figure out what skills are good, and then compare them to what you had, that is when you grab your torch or pitchfork. 

Wargaming didn't really do anything except make the grind longer for a build that is close to 75 percent capacity of the one you previously had. 

It's called a rhetorical question, dude.

• Meh 5

Members
629 posts
12,597 battles

For what it's worth I approve of the re-work. I think it makes premium ships more useful and adds balancing tools for the game as a whole.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
Just now, Lose_dudes said:

You're not the only one...The majority of players are adapting to the new system... Yes they're aspects I dont like. 

• Needing a 12pt DD cpt just to cover your basic needs to fight in a match.
    • For the other classes, its 10 pts in this system just like the old system.

Other then that I am reminded everyday... It could've been a lot worse then the actuality.

• Funny 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

You're not the only one...The majority of players are adapting to the new system... Yes they're aspects I dont like. 

• Needing a 12pt DD cpt just to cover your basic needs to fight in a match.
    • For the other classes, its 10 pts in this system just like the old system.

Other then that I am reminded everyday... It could've been a lot worse then the actuality.

Owch. that explains why I suck so much in DDs, my most is 6 pts XD

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

There are things to like and dislike.

Certain ships that pre-Rework did badly, now do ok.

So I just came out of a battle on the EU server, you remember the worst t8 cruiser premium in WOWS history?

image.thumb.png.8e0c6608445ead178c063e58d0476bd7.png

I've had similar success with other cruisers that were below average pre-10.0 (Abruzzi and Cheshire, for example)

Edited by hateboat

[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles

What you can do with even a 19pt captain in the old system often cannot be replicated in the new.  One small example is WG screwing around with old popular traits to make them more expensive.  This has very profound effect on what you can actually replicate what you had in the old system.

Choice?  The new system actually strips away choices.  The Skill Rebork has not done anything for improving choices.  It's actually limited them by ship type.

SI is gone for Battleships.

Cruisers lose access to PM and FP & BOS, as well as AFT / BFT-like skills in the old system.

Capabilities like Secondaries accuracy has been gutted.

Skills pulled altogether like Smoke Screen Expert.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 5

Members
7,047 posts
21,866 battles
14 minutes ago, Spirit_of_76 said:

For what it's worth I approve of the re-work. I think it makes premium ships more useful and adds balancing tools for the game as a whole.

How does it make premium ships more useful? 

Members
3,959 posts
14,386 battles

For my 3-4 years playing. I think this is the change/rework Ive "liked" the least. I dont like what they did to secondary BBs. 

But in the end, this isnt near the worst rework Ive ever seen. That award probably goes to the Gipat patch in Allods or the Refinement Rework/Dungeon removal in Neverwinter.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
15 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

So far I like it. I still think more adjustments are inbound but I love the design concept. Very excited to see the Sub tree and potentially a battlecruiser skill tree, both of which are now much easier to add and this is system is much more flexible for WG to do adjustments in the future. The balance team must be super happy.

Oddly there is also the option to go into battle without a Captain. 

• Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

What you can do with even a 19pt captain in the old system often cannot be replicated in the new.  One small example is WG screwing around with old popular traits to make them more expensive.  This has very profound effect on what you can actually replicate what you had in the old system.

Choice?  The new system actually strips away choices.  The Skill Rebork has not done anything for improving choices.  It's actually limited them by ship type.

SI is gone for Battleships.

Cruisers lose access to PM and FP & BOS, as well as AFT / BFT-like skills in the old system.

Capabilities like Secondaries accuracy has been gutted.

Skills pulled altogether like Smoke Screen Expert.

Before, half the choices were CV ones most players would never touch. I don't get why people are so obsessed with getting old builds when the whole point of the rework is to try out new ones.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
1 minute ago, Pura__Vida said:

because you each captain can have upto 4 specs (dd/cruiser/bb/cv) , unlimited premium ship specializations, but only one tech tree ship specialization. This makes special and Legendary captains much more valuable than before. I'd expect to see the cost of aquiring them to increase.

[SGSS]
Members
5,562 posts
13 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

CV got some very useful and fun options.

Thanks to dead eye every BB sits in the back now thinking 10 perfect will make them gpd of the battle field

Cruisers got hosed.

But yes its not bad.

[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles

You want REAL choices with plenty of possibilities?  Put all the skills in one place for us to choose from.  We'll sort it out.

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
6,638 posts
5,231 battles
12 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

It's when you figure out what skills are good, and then compare them to what you had

There lies the key to infelicity Dr, the past is past... water under the bridge. If I stopped to think all the things I have lost I would go insane.

• Meh 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
12 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

It's called a rhetorical question, dude.

So you posted a new thread with a question as the title, and then when someone answers your question, you blow them off by saying it was rhetorical? 

Yeah, you're the target audience for the skill rebork, that's for certain. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
7,047 posts
21,866 battles
7 minutes ago, hateboat said:

because you each captain can have upto 4 specs (dd/cruiser/bb/cv) , unlimited premium ship specializations, but only one tech tree ship specialization. This makes special and Legendary captains much more valuable than before. I'd expect to see the cost of aquiring them to increase.

no. It may make captains more important, but the ships are the same and suffer the same downgrades that the rework provides

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

You want REAL choices with plenty of possibilities?  Put all the skills in one place for us to choose from.  We'll sort it out.

^  THIS.

We don't need WG or other players to make "best choice" skill selections for us. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,120 posts
1,595 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Whatever floats your boat.

And sinks the other one. Honestly I agree with @Lose_dudes. There are some very good new choices, and less indecision on my part. And what's all this about sniping battleships?

2021-01-25.thumb.png.63631ee45385149acfefc567ef9021d4.png hahahaha

I'm going to town!

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,794 posts
7,412 battles

I think it definitely added some depth to the commanders skill system.   Also,  unquestionably it adjusted (lengthened the grind) and  the "economy/value" of commanders skill points.   What I keep telling myself..  Everyone you are playing against had the same thing happen with their captains.  Its a pretty big adjustment of the economy of the skill system and as WG is known to do,  targeted/balanced some skills pretty significantly.   On another note --   I for one am a huge fan of the premium ship adaptability.  As someone who plays a ton of premiums..   This made it worth it for me.    Though I'd be lying if I didn't say that I've not figured out an optimal build yet for a single ship...  There is  a lot going on here and its pretty overwhelming working through all the combinations.         

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

You aren’t, but crying voices are more shrill and noticeable than those offering praise. Personally, I’m entirely neutral about the skill rework. 

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
6,638 posts
5,231 battles
9 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

Owch. that explains why I suck so much in DDs, my most is 6 pts XD

Owch. For DDs you really need CE, it's mandatory on almost every DD to have a fair chance of fight. So 10 pts.

Members
629 posts
12,597 battles
6 minutes ago, Pura__Vida said:

I can grind the same captain on more premium ship types than before to generate ecxp or to expedite respecializing a captain to a new tech line ship.