Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Swervenkill

This Ever Happen to You?

11 comments in this topic

[CUDA]
Members
251 posts
7,774 battles

I play Coop alone but play random in a division with friends. Yesterday morning I played with friends, then later took out the Mahan. I claimed the center cap, all the red ships headed for A & C. Then I spotted the enemy Lexington off in the corner and decided to chase her down. I got to within torpedo range before another destroyer (who I thought was chasing me) spotted me so I laid smoke  and opened fire. Everyone visible went silent and I waited for them to fire, suddenly a cruiser opened up from point blank range and wiped me out. Next game I took out the Scharnhorst and figured out while waiting I was in random and not coop. Oops!

[CO-OP]
Members
1,929 posts
27,158 battles

Not that one, but I have been playing a cruiser and wondering why I'm not getting my usual oomph from my Des Moines' AP, only to realize as I look upon my smoking wreck that I was actually driving my Worcester.

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,393 posts
10,734 battles

Months ago I accidentally ended up in a standard battle Random match on North in my Hindenburg instead of Coop while I was retraining a commander. I realized this after I was already past the midpoint into the no-man’s land between the two spawns.

I ended up being one of the last to die and topped my team. I might have even been complimented for my audacious display of reckless aggression. :Smile_glasses:

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,222 posts
15,847 battles

haha hate when I think I am randoms but  it's coop...or vice versa... usually happens a couple of times to me during snowflake events... its kinda funny.

Members
708 posts

Did it in ranked with Akizuki. Thought I was going coop, hit battle and got an instant match. As soon as I saw the map I knew I screwed up. No flags and T5 camo. Actually did pretty good but was pretty nervous the whole time.

[K-POP]
Members
4,790 posts
13,129 battles

Only once that I can recall. I (a non DD player with no randoms in DDs above t4) selected my brand new stock Mahan, set the game mode to co-op, but then went to check either mission or campaign progress and didn’t realize the game had actually switched the mode back to randoms until I was in queue. And of course it was an instant match, so there was no backing out.

So, there I was in a mostly t9 battle, in a 3 point stock t7 DD with no high tier DD experience. I tried my best, ended up on the top of the team by more than 200 bxp, but my team was throwing from the beginning. 

There have also been a few times though in divisions where I ready up in one ship and the game decides to put me in another one. So far it’s happened twice with DM (once when I was readied in Montana for randoms and then switched to DM to check something, the other time in clan battles where I was readied in Stalingrad and was checking my module/commander setup for a clan mate). Both times I had no flags (including no det flag in CB) and only the dispersion camo (ship was set up for co-op runs), and wasn’t expecting to be a close range utility ship. I still did pretty well in both battles, and both were still wins, but the clan battle was definitely a lot closer I think than it would have been if I was in my fully flagged Stalingrad rather than an almost naked DM. At least I had a 19 point commander in DM both times, so I wasn’t completely helpless. 

I’ve never had the opposite happen (expecting randoms, end up in co-op), but there have been a few times where I have a ship flagged up for randoms and then later switch over to co-op, and start the battle with a full set of flags because they either didn’t demount when I told them too or because I forgot I hadn’t done it right after switching modes. 

[SALVO]
Members
6,509 posts
5,206 battles

I alternate daily between Random and Coop, usually play some Randoms first while I'm "fresh" and then move on to Coop to grind suitable missions and other stuff. Sometimes happens I forget to "undress" the ships for Coop (removing the combat upgrade flags) or forget to dress and go "naked" into Random

[CUDA]
Members
251 posts
7,774 battles
16 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Only once that I can recall. I (a non DD player with no randoms in DDs above t4) selected my brand new stock Mahan, set the game mode to co-op, but then went to check either mission or campaign progress and didn’t realize the game had actually switched the mode back to randoms until I was in queue. And of course it was an instant match, so there was no backing out.

So, there I was in a mostly t9 battle, in a 3 point stock t7 DD with no high tier DD experience. I tried my best, ended up on the top of the team by more than 200 bxp, but my team was throwing from the beginning. 

There have also been a few times though in divisions where I ready up in one ship and the game decides to put me in another one. So far it’s happened twice with DM (once when I was readied in Montana for randoms and then switched to DM to check something, the other time in clan battles where I was readied in Stalingrad and was checking my module/commander setup for a clan mate). Both times I had no flags (including no det flag in CB) and only the dispersion camo (ship was set up for co-op runs), and wasn’t expecting to be a close range utility ship. I still did pretty well in both battles, and both were still wins, but the clan battle was definitely a lot closer I think than it would have been if I was in my fully flagged Stalingrad rather than an almost naked DM. At least I had a 19 point commander in DM both times, so I wasn’t completely helpless. 

I’ve never had the opposite happen (expecting randoms, end up in co-op), but there have been a few times where I have a ship flagged up for randoms and then later switch over to co-op, and start the battle with a full set of flags because they either didn’t demount when I told them too or because I forgot I hadn’t done it right after switching modes. 

If you are going back and forth from the WOWs game to another screen the first click on WOWs doesn't do anything. I've clicked on the ship I want to play with and hit the battle button only to find the first click just woke up WOWs window and didn't change ships.

[COOP2]
Members
367 posts
9,508 battles

One time I was looking at a campaign and had Queen Elizabeth as my selected ship. I made the mistake on clicking the "continue campaign" or whatever it is called (can't remember right now) button BELOW the campaign, not realizing it would dump me into a random battle even though I had "co-op" selected. It immediately put me into a battle and I had no chance to leave the queue. Only had a camo on the ship, no flags.

Battle went fine, got 1st place and a victory.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,856 posts
16,941 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 4:05 PM, Swervenkill said:

Next game I took out the Scharnhorst and figured out while waiting I was in random and not coop. Oops!

I once decided I would have a solo YOLO battle against the bots in Scharnhorst. Gee, I thought as I charged into B cap on Fault Line, I seem to be taking a LOT of fire. Bots usually focus their local enemy, don't they?

By the time I realized I'd accidentally dropped into Randoms, it was too late to turn back.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,678 posts

Yeah, I've hit that continue battling button a time or two by mistake.   Usually end up bringing a ship with no camo or flags into that Randoms match.   (provided I'm in a ship which doesn't have a perma-camo)   That always impresses the peanut gallery...

I like to look at the team compositions while waiting for the match to start, so  the "big" 12 person teams- and the lack of "colon clan" players on the red team usually clues me in to my mistake before the action starts.

I HAVE simply played the way I normally play, when in Randoms.   Sometimes I'll have an ally or two that join me, and some fun ensues.   The other team often doesn't expect us to go on the attack right away, and thus gets caught with their pants down.   Other times you end up isolated, and with the "pointing their guns at YOU" indicator  pegged at 10, lol.   Oops.

Sign in to follow this