You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadow_Wolf7

Does preventative maintenace help secondaries survive?

6 comments in this topic

[T3I0F]
Members
73 posts
3,244 battles

So the PM description says: "Reduces the risk of main turrets, torpedo tubes, steering gears, and engine becoming incapacitated" and the details say "Risk of modules becoming incapacitated -30%" but I still see people take this for their secondary batteries/AA guns. I've looked this up to get clarification and came across multiple older articles: here, here, and here that state that the secondary batteries/AA guns are not modulus and therefore don't get "incapacitated" they get destroyed and thus PM does not effect them. However, I still see people take it on secondary BB's for this purpose as recently as today in Sea Lord Mounbatten's video (see timestamp 8:24) and also asked on a Discord server where people swore that they have less secondaries/AA mounts go out when they have this skill but that seems to be hard to determine for certain without testing. So I was wondering if anyone can clarify/knows for certain?  Thanks.

Edited by Shadow_Wolf7

[WOLFC]
Members
2,393 posts
10,734 battles

PM has never affected AA mounts or secondary guns, as they are either destroyed or active - never “incapacitated.” The in-game description is fully inclusive and accurate.

Edited by Nevermore135

[HINON]
Members
13,969 posts
14 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

No it does not. There is a module that increases the HP for secondaries and AA. PM only prevents incapacitations on the systems it lists. AA and secondaries cannot be incapacitated, they are either working or destroyed. 

[WOLF1]
Members
728 posts
1,756 battles
16 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

So the PM description says: "Reduces the risk of main turrets, torpedo tubes, steering gears, and engine becoming incapacitated" and the details say "Risk of modules becoming incapacitated -30%" but I still see people take this for their secondary batteries/AA guns. I've looked this up to get clarification and came across multiple older articles: here, here, and here that state that the secondary batteries/AA guns are not modulus and therefore don't get "incapacitated" they get destroyed and thus PM does not effect them. However, I still see people take it on secondary BB's for this purpose as recently as today in Sea Lord Mounbatten's video (see timestamp 8:24) and also asked on a Discord server where people swore that they have less secondaries/AA mounts go out when they have this skill but that seems to be hard to determine for certain without testing. So I was wondering if anyone can clarify/knows for certain?  Thanks.

If you look into the wiki article, it says that secondaries are indeed modules, but they can only be destroyed, not incapitated

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Secondary_Armament

Therefore, the risk of incapacitation appears to be not applicable to secondary turrets as they can only be destroyed

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,502 posts
4,771 battles
26 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

Does preventative maintenace help secondaries survive?

No. Trust the wiki rather than reddit.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:List_of_Commander_Skills

Boomer has the reason why PM doesn't do that.

Edited by iDuckman

[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles

@Sea_Lord_Mountbatten...although PM is a good skill to take in conjunction w/a 2ndary build (as you will probably be going into harm's way)...thought you might like to be tagged in here so you're not unintentionally misleading your followers into thinking the skill is providing a benefit it isn't :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos