You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Prime Gaming Rewards: Battleship Dante Alighieri

72 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,963 battles

Be the first to take command of the new Italian battleship!

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[AZUR1]
Members
191 posts
4,452 battles

I thought this month's prime would be New Year Containers, but this one is also welcome.

Much better than a 3-day rental perm ship, ofc.

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,897 battles

I guess tier IV needs more CV fodder. From what I can see the ship has 4x76mm and 8x1 40mm AA guns.

Edited by warheart1992

[OGF]
Members
1,026 posts
34,221 battles

Just got it.  Had to reboot for it to show up in port.  Ship #374.  o7

[OGF]
Members
1,026 posts
34,221 battles
15 minutes ago, Braxtin said:

No Camo :( 

Dang!  Just noticed that!  Is this the only Premium Ship in WoWS that doesn't come with its own permaflage?  I've got T2s that came with their own.  Is this going to be fixed some time soon?

• Sad 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,651 posts
27,770 battles
8 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

Dang!  Just noticed that!  Is this the only Premium Ship in WoWS that doesn't come with its own permaflage?  I've got T2s that came with their own.  Is this going to be fixed some time soon?

It isn't a premium ship.  It is an early access tech tree ship.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,579 posts
23,591 battles
30 minutes ago, Braxtin said:

No Camo :( 

11 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

"Early access"...I do believe that refers to a tech tree ship of the forthcoming line...not a premium (although it will have temporary premium status for transferring commanders for free until the line drops)...

So...yeah...no camo for your T4 tech tree ship.

Ninja'd by Hampton :-)

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
1,026 posts
34,221 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

"Early access"...I do believe that refers to a tech tree ship of the forthcoming line...not a premium (although it will have temporary premium status for transferring commanders for free until the line drops)...

Yep, just saw this going back to my tech-tree.  Thanks.  What's the latest speculation on when the rest of this line begins early access?  o7

[OGF]
Members
1,026 posts
34,221 battles
5 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

It isn't a premium ship.  It is an early access tech tree ship.

I jumped the gun.  o7

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
18,142 battles

If you're stuck, confused, or just need some guidance on how to redeem this reward, I made a quick guide for you:

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[CO-OP]
Members
2,651 posts
27,770 battles
11 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

Yep, just saw this going back to my tech-tree.  Thanks.  What's the latest speculation on when the rest of this line begins early access?  o7

According to the Dev Blog, "early access" will begin next patch:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/111

Edited by HamptonRoads

[WOLF7]
Members
820 posts
15 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Other ships I personally have received via early access (Hawkins, Devonshire) came with permanent camo (Victorian White) even though they were just tech tree ships. Didn't people who got early access for Pan-Euro DDs also get camo? And the Kansas from the new USN BB tech tree line had a premium camo unlockable through a mission chain. There is a precedent for early access tech tree ships having access to permanent camo. Why not have a permanent camo for this new Italian BB?

[PVE]
Members
7,579 posts
23,591 battles
1 minute ago, HamAndCheez said:

Other ships I personally have received via early access (Hawkins, Devonshire) came with permanent camo (Victorian White) even though they were just tech tree ships. Didn't people who got early access for Pan-Euro DDs also get camo? And the Kansas from the new USN BB tech tree line had a premium camo unlockable through a mission chain. There is a precedent for early access tech tree ships having access to permanent camo. Why not have a permanent camo for this new Italian BB?

T4

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles
1 minute ago, HamAndCheez said:

Visby camo was a mission, but the Devonshire definitely came with a camo.

Members
207 posts
4,368 battles

Nice. But already found a bug. The skills related to HE shells are not crossed out in the commander skill selection screen. The same skills are crossed out for the Italian destroyers.

Edit: 83k damage in first game in co-op. So gets my thumbs up.

Edited by MollyGodiva

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
698 posts
5,905 battles
7 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

T4

T4 Rhein came with (or had a mission for - sorry, I've slept since then) a perma camo. 

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,579 posts
23,591 battles
27 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

If you're stuck, confused, or just need some guidance on how to redeem this reward, I made a quick guide for you:

That video is BROKEN (your cute adorableness was nowhere to be seen in it at all) :-(

[WOLFC]
Members
2,421 posts
10,783 battles
32 minutes ago, HamAndCheez said:

Didn't people who got early access for Pan-Euro DDs also get camo?

Getting the ship for tokens allowed you to complete a combat mission for the camo.

30 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

And the Kansas from the new USN BB tech tree line had a premium camo unlockable through a mission chain.

Nope, it was available for tokens, IIRC, and some players were able to get enough for free while others weren’t because the mission rewards were not standardized.

Camos for Soviet CAs were also available in sequential random bundles for tokens separate from the ships.

The UK CAs did come with camo, but were also completely random drops, so I would not be surprised if there were fewer of them given out in early access compared to other recent releases.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles
1 minute ago, Nevermore135 said:

Nope, it was available for tokens, IIRC, and some players were able to get enough for free while others weren’t because the mission rewards were not standardized.

Camos for Soviet CAs were also available in sequential random bundles for tokens separate from the ships.

The UK CAs did come with camo, but were also completely random drops, so I would not be surprised if there were fewer of them given out in early access compared to other recent releases.

?

That wasn't my quote.

Members
65 posts
3,963 battles
33 minutes ago, MollyGodiva said:

Nice. But already found a bug. The skills related to HE shells are not crossed out in the commander skill selection screen. The same skills are crossed out for the Italian destroyers.

Edit: 83k damage in first game in co-op. So gets my thumbs up.

I thought so too, but it still applies to secondaries.  Had 105k on my first match, decent free ship I must say so myself.

[WOLF7]
Members
820 posts
27 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Getting the ship for tokens allowed you to complete a combat mission for the camo.

OK, what about the case SkullCowboy mentioned where Tier 4 CV Rhein got free perma camo? I forgot about that one. 

Members
451 posts
8,110 battles

It is entirely possible that its camo will come from a mission once the actual early access patch drops.

T4 Rhein didn't come with a camo.  The camo came from a mission that was a chain.  I believe you could complete almost all of it before you got the ship, but has to get some XP on the ship, or kills or a win before you would get the camo.  Same for all the German CVs, save the T10, which was token based.

Edited by ithekro

[A-I-M]
Members
3,764 posts
14,711 battles
2 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

...  It is an early access tech tree ship.

Which gives it temporary premium/special status, which makes it easy to understand  @Wingslinger ‘s confusion.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[WOLFC]
Members
2,421 posts
10,783 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

?

That wasn't my quote.

...huh. :Smile_amazed:

I think I inadvertently quoted your quote and meant to quote you on the part about the UK CAs. I’d like to blame it on my phone but it was probably all me. :Smile_veryhappy:

1 hour ago, HamAndCheez said:

OK, what about the case SkullCowboy mentioned where Tier 4 CV Rhein got free perma camo? I forgot about that one. 

The Rhein was an odd case. Permanent camo for non-premium ships is rare below tier 6 (only a few tier Vs have it after all, and many of them are the new NY camos). Furthermore, IIRC the lowest tier permanent camo for the RM cruiser event was tier 5. The KM CV event missions were also structured in a way that all the missions for each camo were accessible from the beginning of the patch, but you needed the ship in question (from a container drop) to complete the last stage. It was kind of the worst of both approaches and I hope WG doesn’t pursue that approach again. The KM CV event also only introduced 4 ships, while there are 7 RM BBs. Given all this, I would not be surprised if the event permanent camos start at tier 5 or 6.

Edit: The dev blog seems to indicate that tier VI will be the lowest tier with a special event camo.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/111

Edited by Nevermore135