You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Dead eye is not that useful!

49 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,565 posts

Yes I said it.

Its only activated when someone is NOT with in your detection.

Most battle ships have detection of over 18km  Roma aside which can get down to 11.7.

After that its a waist of 4 points.  Yes you might get a a few shots in but after that its wasted.  Mean while your burning with 4 fires because you did not get fire reduction.

Now every BB sits and the edge and complains that know on is spotting.  Mean while the other team has 3 caps to your one and then you have to push in.

It is a powerful skill.  Yes cruiser skills suck, who ever though torp skill was a good idea need to work for Lucas film because they love bad ideas!

In many ways the cap skill balanced the op nature of light cruisers. Heaves are still a mess.

CV have some fun new ideas with fighter planes and torp arming.

Please not bring up Flammu vids because he is ALWAYS over the top.

The hate will flow but its not all bad.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
191 posts
4,402 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yes I said it.

Most battle ships have detection of over 18km  Roma aside which can get down to 11.7.

After that its a waist of 4 points.  Yes you might get a a few shots in but after that its wasted.  Mean while your burning with 4 fires because you did not get fire reduction.

Now every BB sits and the edge and complains that know on is spotting.  Mean while the other team has 3 caps to your one and then you have to push in.

It is a powerful skill.  Yes cruiser skills suck, who ever though torp skill was a good idea need to work for Lucas film because they love bad ideas!

In many ways the cap skill balanced the op nature of light cruisers. Heaves are still a mess.

Someone has to be VISIBLE in your detection range for it to drop...and yes you can have DE +CE + FP...Deadeye is absurdly OP and usually up if your playing right

[SGSS]
Members
5,565 posts
14 minutes ago, Almedius said:

Someone has to be VISIBLE in your detection range for it to drop...and yes you can have DE +CE + FP...Deadeye is absurdly OP and usually up if your playing right

Your assuming someone is spotting.  Your assuming you dont have to move.

Members
478 posts
2,856 battles

This is the third thread that I've seen trying to shame people out of taking Deadeye. Which is weird, if the skill is so bad. Where are all the threads begging people to stop taking Heavy AP?

[WOLF9]
Members
183 posts
2,302 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

That's literally how you play it..........with someone spotting for you .....And you can actually do that while moving, believe it or not.

Of course I could totally not understand how the skill works.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,544 posts
6,787 battles

Not having anyone in your detection in a stealth build, isn't at all hard to accomplish.    Most BBs can get their detection in the 14-13 km range, this is less than half the map and generally around half its max range.   As long as your DDs move up and keep the other DDs at arms length, its super easy.   You can also put an island between yourself and where you think DDs are and keep the bonus.

[WOLFA]
Members
320 posts
21,562 battles
31 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yes I said it.

I can snipe now with my Pommern and Tirpitz like a boss, with an hybrid capt. And make dmg from 20km with half of my shells when I AIM correctly :cap_win:

• Cool 1

[HTDGS]
Members
502 posts
11,222 battles
7 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Not having anyone in your detection in a stealth build, isn't at all hard to accomplish.    Most BBs can get their detection in the 14-13 km range, this is less than half the map and generally around half its max range.   As long as your DDs move up and keep the other DDs at arms length, its super easy.   You can also put an island between yourself and where you think DDs are and keep the bonus.

Hell, last night I was playing HIV that had a nearly 18KM detection range.  I was outspotted by pretty much every BB on the map.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,544 posts
6,787 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Hell, last night I was playing HIV that had a nearly 18KM detection range.  I was outspotted by pretty much every BB on the map.

Yeah, its odd that cruisers want no concealment now and battleships want full concealment. 

Beta Testers
97 posts
12,967 battles
8 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Deadeye actually states "standard detectability radius", therefore stealth builds have no effect on it. If your starting detection radius is 18km, that's what it is for Deadeye.

Sorry, my misunderstanding of WoWs wording, I was describing Base detectability, please see others correct comments below.

Edited by crazycarey
corrected due for correct information
  • Meh 5

[SGSS]
Members
5,565 posts
4 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

You must have legendary mod.

I use to run that ship all the time.  Same issue it requires someone to spot.

Rank everyone is closing in. 

[TF-60]
Members
457 posts
16,210 battles
7 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

Deadeye actually states "standard detectability radius", therefore stealth builds have no effect on it. If your starting detection radius is 18km, that's what it is for Deadeye.

Nope—standard detection means detection not affected by fires or the debuff after firing

• Thanks 1

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

It isn’t useful, and certainly isn’t optimal for most battleships, but that won’t stop a bunch of fools from running it on all of their builds and even more fools to use it as a scapegoat for all of their own problems. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
12,778 battles

You do realize you can bring the concealment down on most bbs below 15, and often below 14km right? 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,662 posts
21,572 battles
58 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Most battle ships have detection of over 18km

Something is very wrong with your battleship build if you're looking at Deadeye without Concealment Expert and Concealment Module.

13 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

This is incorrect. "Standard" detectibility is a poorly-explained term on Wargaming's part, that has been confirmed from a few sources to actually mean "your concealment at the start of the match" (i.e., not shooting, on fire, or in smoke).

• Thanks 2

[-BUI-]
Members
2,544 posts
6,787 battles
16 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

Wrong.   Devs have already confirmed that concealment does affect it, its based on whatever number your concealment shows before you hit the battle button.

• Thanks 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,739 posts
12,346 battles

Different people have different priorities. That's why we had SE battleships up until this patch.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
12,778 battles
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Different people have different priorities. That's why we had SE battleships up until this patch.

I want them back

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Most battle ships have detection of over 18km...

There's like 6-7 BBs that have 18km or worse concealment. Are you saying that there are only 11-12 BBs in game?

And what if I told you that, with CE and the concealment upgrade, even the worst BB has a sub-16km concealment, and most are from 12-14km?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
52 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Why do I need a spotter, when ships that shoot in open water are visible from well over 20km away?

And even if not, with DDs and CVs, there will always be something to shoot.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
191 posts
4,402 battles
22 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It isn’t useful, and certainly isn’t optimal for most battleships, but that won’t stop a bunch of fools from running it on all of their builds and even more fools to use it as a scapegoat for all of their own problems. 

Most good players are saying you have to be a fool to not use it....

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
19 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

This is incorrect. "Standard" detectibility is a poorly-explained term on Wargaming's part, that has been confirmed from a few sources to actually mean "your concealment at the start of the match" (i.e., not shooting, on fire, or in smoke).

Yeah, I always assume that "base" is what it says in the Wiki, and "standard" is what it is at match start.

• Thanks 1