Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

so i checked the EU forums...

156 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
238 posts
13,727 battles

And it's damn near a mirror image of the posts here... deadeye sucks, secondary nerf sucks, cruiser nerf sucks, WG sucks, Devs suck, captain skill rework sucks... i wonder if they will actually do anything about since they've managed to alienate and dissapoint the entire player base? 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
2 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

And it's damn near a mirror image of the posts here... deadeye sucks, secondary nerf sucks, cruiser nerf sucks, WG sucks, Devs suck, captain skill rework sucks... i wonder if they will actually do anything about since they've managed to alienate and dissapoint the entire player base? 

You can bet that adjustments will be made but only after more gameplay data comes in. WG does not often respond to crowds with torches.... like at all. LOL one of the things I love about them.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[FIDD]
Members
30 posts
5,798 battles
Just now, paradat said:

You can bet that adjustments will be made but only after more gameplay data comes in. WG does not often respond to crowds with torches.... like at all. LOL one of the things I love about them.

Rubicon

• Cool 2

[KILL]
Banned
99 posts

The huge problem is when they don't respond after a clear cockup decision then seasoned players start to leave, some never to return. That hurts the game far worse than the patch itself.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 4

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
8 minutes ago, paradat said:

WG does not often respond to crowds with torches.... like at all. LOL one of the things I love about them.

I'd say they backed off on NTC, but the Regrind Bureau is 90% of that garbage snuck in one piece at a time. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[HTDGS]
Members
502 posts
11,279 battles
14 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep, the "adjustments" will be made after the free respec period ends and we have to pay to respec everything again.

We've been down this road before.

• Cool 5
  • Sad 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
6 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

alienate and dissapoint the entire player base?

The entire player base that actively participates on the official forums and or reddit being the operative.

I mean there are plenty of online games I've played and still play I've never participated in the community.  I mean, I never posted on this forum until I had already been playing the game for likely 3ish years.

I mean, you could be right, the entire playerbase could be alienated and disappointed, but it should be realized the online communities are simply a microcosm of the player base as a whole.  We'll find out I guess.  If WG's pocket book gets affected, they absolutely will address this.  If it doesn't and WG does nothing? I guess well then we know the real stance of the "entire playerbase".

Almost all their moves clearly have a monetization incentive.  They are here to make money, if they actually lose money they will do something about it.  If they don't lose money over it, or in fact make money, they likely won't.

I can guarantee you there are people complaining on the forums, yet in game they bought a mountain of gold to dismiss captains and get their 19pters to 21.  If people really want to affect change, they have to actually stick to their guns and close their wallets.  I have a feeling there is a lot of saying one thing and doing another when it comes to the forums.

• Cool 7

Members
762 posts
14,038 battles
2 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'd say they backed off on NTC, but the Regrind Bureau is 90% of that garbage snuck in one piece at a time. 

IMO this skill rework was just another form of the NTC (w/o needing the NTC points) still being implemented. This is sort of what they had in mind then with the captain skills anyway. 

• Cool 2

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
14 minutes ago, HauptmannHope said:

The huge problem is when they don't respond after a clear cockup decision then seasoned players start to leave, some never to return. That hurts the game far worse than the patch itself.

Does it hurt their pocket book though? And ultimately that is what matters to WG.

• Cool 1

[HTDGS]
Members
502 posts
11,279 battles
Just now, Taco_De_Moist said:

The entire player base that actively participates on the official forums and or reddit being the operative.

I mean there are plenty of online games I've played and still play I've never participated in the community.  I mean, I never posted on this forum until I had already been playing the game for likely 3ish years.

I mean, you could be right, the entire playerbase could be alienated and disappointed, but it should be realized the online communities are simply a microcosm of the player base as a whole.  We'll find out I guess.  If WG's pocket book gets affected, they absolutely will address this.  If it doesn't and WG does nothing? I guess well then we know the real stance of the "entire playerbase".

Almost all their moves clearly have a monetization incentive.  They are here to make money, if they actually lose money they will do something about it.  If they don't lose money over it, or in fact make money, they likely won't.

I can guarantee you there are people complaining on the forums, yet in game they bought a mountain of gold to dismiss captains and get their 19pters to 21.  If people really want to affect change, they have to actually stick to their guns and close their wallets.  I have a feeling there is a lot of saying one thing and doing another when it comes to the forums.

One of the things you have to consider is that your forum/reddit/facebook/twitch/etc community is supposed to be a representative slice of the playerbase as a whole.  The players that take the time to be engaged are generally the ones you want to pay attention to because.....shocker......they care about the game.  Ignoring it and saying "it's just a small portion of the players that are unhappy" is disingenuous.  Sure, we (forum posters, et al) are a small portion of the player base, but it's still a REPRESENTATIVE portion.  If 80% of us are pissed, there's a good chance the majority of the players are as well, just not as invested in logging in, searching, posting, discussing, etc.

• Cool 1

[HTDGS]
Members
502 posts
11,279 battles
2 minutes ago, ArtfulNothing_ said:

IMO this skill rework was just another form of the NTC (w/o needing the NTC points) still being implemented. This is sort of what they had in mind then with the captain skills anyway. 

This has crossed my mind at one point. 

Have all the changes we've seen since the CC summit and the NTC release been just shadow NTC implementation?  They got mad we didn't want their bullcrap in that iteration and they just decided to implement it piecemeal in different ways?

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
2 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Does it hurt their pocket book though? And ultimately that is what matters to WG.

When the players who bring something to the game besides a warm body and a wallet are gone, when the players who actually give a damn beyond the newest 3-month dabble in yet another game are gone, then yes -- it will hurt the game, it will hurt the gameplay, and it will hurt their wallets. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KILL]
Banned
99 posts
3 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I havent given them a penny since PR, and there are plenty of other players who feel the same way about this rebork

• Cool 5

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,645 posts
25,105 battles
27 minutes ago, paradat said:

MurmanskGate, Graf Zepplin debacle, threatening a CC with a copyright strike, etc... If I thought about it long enough, could probably think of a half dozen other instances when they backed down from an outraged player base.... You are not just wrong, I think you are lying. It is obvious that you "love them" but if that is your reason, you are only deluding yourself.. ..

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
32,042 posts
9,926 battles
30 minutes ago, T4rgetDown said:

Rubicon

Was Rubicon actually implemented, and then rolled back?

[WOLFG]
Members
32,042 posts
9,926 battles
5 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

MurmanskGate, Graf Zepplin debacle, threatening a CC with a copyright strike, etc... If I thought about it long enough, could probably think of a half dozen other instances when they backed down from an outraged player base....

Did any of those resolve themselves in less than a week after the uproar started?

[WWJWD]
Beta Testers
257 posts
9,568 battles

Hearing mention of the CC Summit brought this back to mind.  It's a slide from the video presented at the Summit.  I pulled it from Flambass' video linked below (55:34 mark) to cite the source.

Point is that it was clear back then that WG's goal for the game is grinding.  I guess grinding is engagement, engagement is spending, spending is sunk cost.  All new content to the game that is not straight up purchases will be a grind in one way or another.

image.png.e31fb8e570b79e4a12ea9b7dc3dd712c.png

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles
36 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

Player pop is still increasing, so I doubt they plan to massively change their model or way they operate.

Beta Testers
3,289 posts
26,944 battles
18 minutes ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

Yep, the "adjustments" will be made after the free respec period ends and we have to pay to respec everything again.

We've been down this road before.

SO true.................

[KILL]
Banned
99 posts
3 minutes ago, Kebobs22 said:

Player pop is still increasing, so I doubt they plan to massively change their model or way they operate.

Except thats using that metric is a mistake. The daily player counts are the important #s and the detailed breakdown of who's playing for how long is even more important. Wows is going the same way that wot went, slight upticks for holiday events but strong downward decline. Their bad decisions are pushing players out the door even if there are accounts on the book.

[FIDD]
Members
30 posts
5,798 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Was Rubicon actually implemented, and then rolled back?

I think the backlash was so great it didn't even see the light of day

[HTDGS]
Members
502 posts
11,279 battles
8 minutes ago, HauptmannHope said:

Except thats using that metric is a mistake. The daily player counts are the important #s and the detailed breakdown of who's playing for how long is even more important. Wows is going the same way that wot went, slight upticks for holiday events but strong downward decline. Their bad decisions are pushing players out the door even if there are accounts on the book.

The confounding factor this last year was Covid and the lockdowns.  No doubt WG saw an uptick in player growth last year, but an uptick from people being quarantined and an uptick from your game being GOOD are two VERY different metrics.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
32,042 posts
9,926 battles
7 minutes ago, T4rgetDown said:

I think the backlash was so great it didn't even see the light of day

That's your difference right there.

Rolling something back takes a lot more dissatisfaction than not taking it live.

We obviously didn't have the same level of uproar when it could have made a difference.

I mean, right off the bat, one major complaint was having to respec a crap load of captains. Rolling back the skill rework might actually make things worse in that respect, causing players to have to respec all their captains yet again. Sure, you could just roll back all the accounts a week, but then you'd have a ton of people complaining about wasted time and lost progress.

No, it's too late to roll it back. I'm sure we'll see some changes, but the rework itself is here to stay.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,042 posts
9,926 battles
1 minute ago, Dr_Drunk_AKA said:

The confounding factor this last year was Covid and the lockdowns.  No doubt WG saw an uptick in player growth last year, but an uptick from people being quarantined and an uptick from your game being GOOD are two VERY different metrics.

I don't know how much of a factor that is though.

I mean sure, you're going to see an uptick in gaming in general, but people aren't going to fill their extra gaming time with games they don't want to play. It's not like games are a finite resource, and some will get stuck with less desirable choices.