Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Where is the reserve?

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

494
[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles

I can't find it, want to dismiss some commanders for elite xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,570
[RLGN]
Members
15,488 posts
27,194 battles

It’s gone.

Have to do it the hard way now, (one at a time using the assign commander UI of a ship,) unless they patch it sometime soon to reactivate the general accessibility.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,738
[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,789 posts
10,834 battles
8 hours ago, Lose_dudes said:

I can't find it, want to dismiss some commanders for elite xp.

When you mean here?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
113
[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
232 posts
9,856 battles
39 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

When you mean here?

image.png

But where's the reserve for the nation I got a captain for but don't have a boat in any more? IE you sold the perth or were gifted a 10 point perth captain but never got the boat for some peculiar reason?

Hint: there isn't one, you can't see them without the boat.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,187
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,662 posts
21,559 battles
1 hour ago, ToxicSymphony said:

But where's the reserve for the nation I got a captain for but don't have a boat in any more? IE you sold the perth or were gifted a 10 point perth captain but never got the boat for some peculiar reason?

Hint: there isn't one, you can't see them without the boat.  

So that's where all my Pan-Antarctic commanders are hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,218
[WOLFG]
Members
11,589 posts
10,709 battles
1 hour ago, ToxicSymphony said:

But where's the reserve for the nation I got a captain for but don't have a boat in any more? IE you sold the perth or were gifted a 10 point perth captain but never got the boat for some peculiar reason?

Hint: there isn't one, you can't see them without the boat.  

This.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
44 posts
16,999 battles
3 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

When you mean here?

image.png

No I think the OP is referring to the universal captain reserve we use to have prior to the update. It was a place where we could view all of our captains regardless of nation and even do resets if I recall correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,979
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
13 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

It’s gone.

Have to do it the hard way now, (one at a time using the assign commander UI of a ship,) unless they patch it sometime soon to reactivate the general accessibility.

If what they are saying is accurate - you can't see commanders of a nation without at least one ship of that nation in your port - then they best get busy because the deadline for all the skill reworks is coming soon. :cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,007
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles

There is no longer a "personnel file". You can only see commanders if you have a ship of that nation. No skills can be assigned to a commander who is not assigned to a ship, either (but that is how it was before, as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,738
[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,789 posts
10,834 battles

The update of the Commander Skills also aimed at cleaning up the organization of commanders themselves and optimizing the Commanders UI.

The short answer is those commanders for ship lines you currently don't have (if you sold one of your Commonwealth ships) then you will not be able to assign them to a ship for specialization/training.

The commanders  haven't been removed, but will not be visible until a ship is available for them to be assigned to.

#anchorsaweigh

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
408
[SIM]
Members
1,679 posts
2 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The update of the Commander Skills also aimed at cleaning up the organization of commanders themselves and optimizing the Commanders UI.

The short answer is those commanders for ship lines you currently don't have (if you sold one of your Commonwealth ships) then you will not be able to assign them to a ship for specialization/training.

The commanders  haven't been removed, but will not be visible until a ship is available for them to be assigned to.

#anchorsaweigh

This such a bad idea. Please add the reserve list back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,245
[PVE]
Members
7,567 posts
23,591 battles
17 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The update of the Commander Skills also aimed at cleaning up the organization of commanders themselves and optimizing the Commanders UI.

The short answer is those commanders for ship lines you currently don't have (if you sold one of your Commonwealth ships) then you will not be able to assign them to a ship for specialization/training.

The commanders  haven't been removed, but will not be visible until a ship is available for them to be assigned to.

#anchorsaweigh

Then it's a fail...because the way it is now does not fit the definition of optimum...which is the root word of "optimizing".

Please give us back the optimum system we had before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
403
[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
912 posts
14,091 battles
19 hours ago, Gneisenau013 said:

The update of the Commander Skills also aimed at cleaning up the organization of commanders themselves and optimizing the Commanders UI.

The short answer is those commanders for ship lines you currently don't have (if you sold one of your Commonwealth ships) then you will not be able to assign them to a ship for specialization/training.

The commanders  haven't been removed, but will not be visible until a ship is available for them to be assigned to.

#anchorsaweigh

 

So what you are saying is that for anyone that doesn't have any of the Commonwealth ships (best example seeing as there are no tech tree ships available) in port but may have received a rental of one at some time (Perth comes to mind), then they have to buy a premium ship to be able to even see the captain that got left in the Reserve when the rental was taken away?

Yep, that is how you "optimize" something. Seems the only attempt here is optimizing Wargaming's bottom line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×