You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Saxon29

dd damage upon spotting,whats the deal here!

33 comments in this topic

[1CVDV]
Members
244 posts
12,082 battles

im currently attempting to finish dockyard mission to recieve 3rd token for the series.i figured i would give the dd option of 560,000 in damage upon your spotting a go.i have a decent amount of dd's up to t8.i am not a dd main but i tried co-op and random with little progress.im currently at about 180k.it seems all i can muster is 5k-7k a whack.i go in spotting,in some cases lit 2/3 reds up and still getting low scores.i realize this also reflects how well my team can aim but damn im at a loss here.any helpful input in this matter would be greatly appreciated.maybe i should of just set 120 fires/citidels with bb's instead.thanks sax29...

[-TKS-]
Members
1,282 posts
10,186 battles
7 minutes ago, Saxon29 said:

im currently attempting to finish dockyard mission to recieve 3rd token for the series.i figured i would give the dd option of 560,000 in damage upon your spotting a go.i have a decent amount of dd's up to t8.i am not a dd main but i tried co-op and random with little progress.im currently at about 180k.it seems all i can muster is 5k-7k a whack.i go in spotting,in some cases lit 2/3 reds up and still getting low scores.i realize this also reflects how well my team can aim but damn im at a loss here.any helpful input in this matter would be greatly appreciated.maybe i should of just set 120 fires/citidels with bb's instead.thanks sax29...

Play ranked and it’ll go up fast. That or play a fast dd like the French. You need to spot the enemy first and keep spotting them. 

[FFG33]
[FFG33]
Members
392 posts
15,030 battles

Co-op matches are too quick and with the charging bots your spotting will be minimal before even your BBs get spotting. 
You need to play randoms. Get on a flank get out there early and don’t shoot, you will get lots of spotting for your team.

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
4 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Co-op matches are too quick and with the charging bots your spotting will be minimal before even your BBs get spotting. 
You need to play randoms. Get on a flank get out there early and don’t shoot, you will get lots of spotting for your team.

Never.  Never.  I'd rather not earn some childish reward than play PVP ever again.  No thanks.  And, after this reBORK, who'd want to play PVP with what is left.......!??! 

DD's have been dead for well over a year.  Cruisers are dead now.  BB's are all that are left; since, I've never played Carriers.....  I will play Subs full time in PVP though; and, master them to see how much I can help PVP battlespace quality improve........  I can't wait for the next rendition of subs and the "broom stick" awards that they need to issue.....!  It is my Lent goal, to help PVP gameplay quality to greatly improve with the addition of subs..........  And, I will work full-time, hundreds and hundreds of games, to insure subs make skimmers lives "challenging & interesting".........  So let it be said; so let it be done........

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,737 posts
12,346 battles

Spotting damage is split between all people spotting the target. You won’t get a lot in coop because everyone pushes in. In Randoms the deadbeats in the back give you spotting damage, so you can get about 100K + a game

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
42 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Never.  Never.  I'd rather not earn some childish reward than play PVP ever again.  .

We don't all have gifted doubloons with which to buy Hizen.....

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles
1 hour ago, Saxon29 said:

Play your highest tier DDs, and try to get into the backfield to spot enemy ships from the sides. If you see a BB trying to go dark, don't let it.

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

We don't all have gifted doubloons with which to buy Hizen.....

Alas, the "gifts from others" have run out Lad.....  It's all run out for this game.  There are a great many of us talking about retiring/withdrawing from WoWs......  Just got another PM right before your reply discussing just that topic. 

I am cleaning my house soon in this game:  selling off everything but the bare bones of what I worked for;  because, there is nothing left worth doing in the game.   1.5 MIL per 19 point CPT x 18 CPT's is years of grinding......years.  It took three years to grind the 23 CPT's and 143 ships I have for what?      So our host can take three years of effort and negate it???  For what???  A few more Rubles of profit where, if they had used our comments, they'd be swimming in profits from expanded and new markets???  Oh no, those spreadsheet geniuses went the mature game easy route......  Now, they will reap what they sow....... 

I'm down to 248 days of PT.  Less than 5K in doubloons.  And, that's it......F2P retired game.   Playing once a week on Discord with old friends.   You won !  You should be happy players like me are retiring and have stopped supporting this game !  It's all yours Lad.......  Good luck........you'll need it.

• Cool 6

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

...  I can't wait for the next rendition of subs and the "broom stick" awards that they need to issue.....!  ...

broom stick award?

CVsSubs.jpg

• Cool 1

[1CVDV]
Members
244 posts
12,082 battles

thanks for the input gentlemen i will skirt the perimeters tonight hopefully with better results.i did not realize a thread on spotting damage would have another player on a rant about his/her distain for the game.for whats its worth the new captain skills is a mess i will agree with him/her on that....sax29

[IMP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
411 posts
6,013 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

And, after this reBORK, who'd want to play PVP with what is left.......!??! 

DD's have been dead for well over a year.  Cruisers are dead now.  BB's are all that are left

Gotta love people exaggerating the state of the game, I'd ask you to back your claims with data but it'll be a fruitless effort.

[SYN]
Members
1,417 posts
10,915 battles

@Saxon29 spotting is nearly impossible in coop.  At tier 8, you can do that rapidly in randoms.  In ranked, I have had some mixed results getting spotting damage.  Fewer enemy xp from fewer enemy ships means there is less damage to spot. 

[1CVDV]
Members
244 posts
12,082 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

@Saxon29 spotting is nearly impossible in coop.  At tier 8, you can do that rapidly in randoms.  In ranked, I have had some mixed results getting spotting damage.  Fewer enemy xp from fewer enemy ships means there is less damage to spot. 

rodger that ensign..was going about the wrong way as i completed the asian new year combat missions in co-op(the old kill two birds thing).this evening will be deicated to t8 fast dd and aigle for a few randoms to see if i can get those numbers up..sax29..

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
1 hour ago, Torenico said:

Gotta love people exaggerating the state of the game, I'd ask you to back your claims with data but it'll be a fruitless effort.

I'm not making this up.  I gave up DD's because Carriers and Radar eliminated "stealth" completely.  DD's can't fight off Planes at the end of the game and survive.  That got old, real quick, being the last ship standing, because you played a smart game, only to be found and eliminated because your DD 1) doesn't have the AA defensive values they were design for; and, 2) planes heal and DD's don't.......  Let's talk Cruisers.  I love my IJN Cruisers: the Mogami, the Ibuki and the Zao all have 19 point CPT's and I love playing them.  Since this CPT skill rebork, I can't even operate them in COOP without some ship with 457's over penning me no matter what aspect I present.....  Why in GoDs green earth, would I take the current change values into PVP>????  Proof: there you go - this change negated those Cruisers to the support role and convinced me that PVP it non-value-added activity.  By the way, I LOVE the Munchen and have hundreds of games in her and she, is also been hurt by the new changes.....to the point, she's been relegated to Scenarios only.  Proof enough:  a paying customer has had it with these stupid and gimmicky changes......

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,737 posts
12,346 battles
5 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

I'm not making this up.  I gave up DD's because Carriers and Radar eliminated "stealth" completely.  DD's can't fight off Planes at the end of the game and survive.  That got old, real quick, being the last ship standing, because you played a smart game, only to be found and eliminated because your DD 1) doesn't have the AA defensive values they were design for; and, 2) planes heal and DD's don't.......  Let's talk Cruisers.  I love my IJN Cruisers: the Mogami, the Ibuki and the Zao all have 19 point CPT's and I love playing them.  Since this CPT skill rebork, I can't even operate them in COOP without some ship with 457's over penning me no matter what aspect I present.....  Why in GoDs green earth, would I take the current change values into PVP>????  Proof: there you go - this change negated those Cruisers to the support role and convinced me that PVP it non-value-added activity.  By the way, I LOVE the Munchen and have hundreds of games in her and she, is also been hurt by the new changes.....to the point, she's been relegated to Scenarios only.  Proof enough:  a paying customer has had it with these stupid and gimmicky changes......

DDs don't have to fight off planes to the end of the game. They can just murder the carriers first now. The current meta leaves giant gaping holes in the picket line.

image.png.bfe1a78ded1f1ce32c731d66072b36db.png

• Haha 1

Members
559 posts
3 hours ago, Saxon29 said:

I figured out how to do it:

Co-op in a DD with smoke, go a few k's in front of nearest group of cruisers (must be players, not bots) and lay smoke in a horizontal direction in front of said cruisers, do not stop. Drive out of smoke and spot for the cruisers. 

There's your spotting damage. 

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,260 battles
3 minutes ago, OuijaApologist said:

I figured out how to do it:

Co-op in a DD with smoke, go a few k's in front of nearest group of cruisers (must be players, not bots) and lay smoke in a horizontal direction in front of said cruisers, do not stop. Drive out of smoke and spot for the cruisers. 

There's your spotting damage. 

Seems like a job for my Fletcher or Gearing. I'll be running them for it after finishing the last mission of the previous tier. (Starting fires using Moskva)

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles
3 minutes ago, dechion said:

Seems like a job for my Fletcher or Gearing. I'll be running them for it after finishing the last mission of the previous tier. (Starting fires using Moskva)

Also hope you don't have a guy with a secondary spec'd BB.

Because he will mess up your spotting and be triggered because his secondary guns aren't as good.

Members
559 posts
4 minutes ago, dechion said:

I used Benham, same smoke consumable. Took three matches to complete it. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
1,164 posts
4,260 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Also hope you don't have a guy with a secondary spec'd BB.

Because he will mess up your spotting and be triggered because his secondary guns aren't as good.

Worst case someone complains in chat. 

Such is life, lol.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,230 posts
6 hours ago, Saxon29 said:

Spotting damage may not be what you think it is; from the Wiki:

Spotting and Damage on Spotting

532_ribbon_detected.png
  • Spotting - detecting a ship that is then damaged by your allies (that could not otherwise see the target) gives the following:
    • BB receives approximately 10% of the reward for full HP damage to the spotted ship.
    • CV receives approximately 20% of the reward for full HP damage to the spotted ship.
    • CR receives approximately 30% of the reward for full HP damage to the spotted ship.
    • DD receives approximately 40% of the reward for full HP damage to the spotted ship.
  • The spotter must be detecting the target at the moment the shells hit.
  • The reward is divided by the number of spotters.
  • Damage-over-time (fire, flood) is not rewarded to spotters.

Members
71 posts
9,458 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 2:49 PM, C14Alpha said:

Spotting damage may not be what you think it is; from the Wiki:

question.

u must be the first who detect enemy ships? cause if the ships shoots, its detection range grows big and then is detected by the closest one, so the dmg upon detection is lost for the rest of the team?

----

i got this, i with a CRUISER, detect a enemy ship, for example a BB, a friendly BB shoots and do damage, that damage is split between both or only me for being the SPOTTER, no more allied ships around 

Edited by Huascar_Pride

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,569 battles

I've done all the spotting damage missions in COOP. 
Was piece of pie, easy as cake.
Even the cruiser spotting damage mission... needed the credits. :Smile_trollface: