You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bleispucker

refund for Siegfried

55 comments in this topic

Members
47 posts
12,696 battles

quote: "...Unlike pretty much any other cruiser, Siegfried's secondary battery is quite impressive - fourteen 128mm secondary guns mounted in double turrets, with a stock range comparable to that of German BB secondary batteries (with all upgrades, she can reach 11.5 km of range) ..." from World of Warships wiki page

as it stands right now i wont see it happen in the next few weeks that this ship will be playable as before anymore. the unique playstyle is gone. what are the chances to get the bureau tokens back?

• Cool 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[KWF]
Members
5,527 posts
6,846 battles

If you haven't played the ship at all you can possibly get the RP back. Otherwise I'm afraid you will have to learn to live with the current state, at least for a while.

Edited by warheart1992

[-TKS-]
Members
1,279 posts
10,155 battles

Gneisenau with the recent skill changes actually performs more like Siegfried than Siegfried. I’d try her out if you get the chance.

As for Siegfried herself sorry to hear that. Personally she was going to be my next RB ship but after the changes Paolo Emilio or Slava will probably be next.

[SAF]
Members
124 posts
10,892 battles

Hmmm Thats sad to hear, I just finished 1 line for her. But I have the Colbert I''d swap you for the Seig :D

[PVE]
Members
10,869 posts
18,749 battles

I will see what happens in the next snowflake type event, that's probably when I will use her again. She is not the top of the arsenal anyway.

[KSD]
Members
132 posts
8,782 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

Slava will probably be next.

Everyone I have talked to who has Slava hates it.  Go for Paolo or save the RB points.

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,793 posts
7,225 battles

Hopefully WG will fix some of the problems they created. 

The acquisition of the Massachusetts does not look like a stellar choice for me now either.

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,265 posts

If her secondaries are anything like Agirs' then you're looking at a maximum 10.5 km. There is no secondary spec options for crusiers. Not that I saw. As it stands that's the longest ranged crusier I have . So if it's the same type of crusiers except for the main guns ..yeah, it's probably not happening.

Weegee being weegee.

GL & GH.

Members
472 posts
2,837 battles
13 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

The acquisition of the Massachusetts does not look like a stellar choice for me now either.

I bought Alaska.  >:(

• Haha 1

[-TKS-]
Members
1,279 posts
10,155 battles
1 minute ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I bought Alaska.  >:(

Alaska is still very much usable, she’s just not blatantly overpowered anymore.

[BOMBL]
Members
1,213 posts
15,508 battles

They ruined a lot of fun ships. RIP KM BB, Sieg, Mass, Alaska but hey thunderer, JB, and conq can sit on the 1 line and snipe you like they went to USMC sniper school so that’s fun

[SRBL]
Members
539 posts
13,923 battles
15 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Mass is stupid good, even with the rework. It shreds low tier and actually can stand up well when it's not high tier. I run Halsey in both the Mass and Georgia and I still have similar secondary performance despite the rework. The old manual seconds are still mostly there but you can also have the seconds on the other side firing as well and it will also fire automatically even if you don't have a target selected to be focused.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
30 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

In about 20 Mass B games since the rework my findings are.....

It really isn't any different that it was before, the caveat being as long as the teams aren't playing like their ships are made of paper and sitting in the back and kiting the whole game to keep their dead eye on.

If the game is a camp fest, yeah you aren't going to do so hot considering the Mass main battery around max range is super dependent on RNG.  I had a game through 15 minutes I just cracked 15k being forced to fight at max range the entire time.  It was gonna be a crap game.  Final 5 minutes, actually was able to brawl.  This resulted in me topping the team.  Ended with 44k MB damage between the alpha damage and fire damage from my secondaries I exceeded my main battery damage.

But yeah, in games where you can't at least get within to a reasonable range (Im not even talking secondary range), but just, less than 17km.  You aren't going to have a great game.  No matter how good your aim is, the guns are just to wild to consistently get good hits at those sort of ranges, unless RNG anoints you the chosen one.  Generally, if you get bottom tier in a match, don't expect much, those T10s are gonna stay 20km+ away from you.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Thanks 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
19 minutes ago, Tom_Greg said:

Mass is stupid good, even with the rework. It shreds low tier and actually can stand up well when it's not high tier. I run Halsey in both the Mass and Georgia and I still have similar secondary performance despite the rework. The old manual seconds are still mostly there but you can also have the seconds on the other side firing as well and it will also fire automatically even if you don't have a target selected to be focused.

I don't disagree that the Mass is largely just as capable as before.  The problem is moreso when you are bottom tier and red team is just keepin that dead eye rolling and if you don't want to get obliterated 5 minutes into the game, you also are forced to keep your distance and the Mass main battery is just not consistently reliable in and around its max range.  If you cant get within a reasonable range of ships without consistency, the mass just isn't going to perform well not withstanding the blessings of RNG.  It's my most played ship and currently I am sitting in the top 25% of players with the Mass B.

You appear to be a co-op main, for randoms its the reinforcement of the "sit back and camp" meta that has influenced performance of the secondary ships.  I mean I played a number of games with German ships last night to get a gauge on secondary performance in a real battle.  It took me 5 games to even get within secondary range of anything, let alone get some consistent brawling in.  With bots, they are just gonna sail forward full steam ahead regardless, the only meta for the reds there is and always will be CHAAAARRRRGGGGEEEE.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

Members
47 posts
12,696 battles

if Wargaming keeps changing Ships or Skills in this way also for products u bought with real money ... this aint ok as my point of customer ... even so i agreed in some sort of it in the EULA about this. i dont like being the milking cow who gets squeezed out like that ... nobody does. i have stopped paying a dime since nearly 2 years now ... i have so many ships that i can keep myself afloat with premium and what not in the events so thanks to that wargaming u aint that shaby ... but what u are doing with the game is a total different story!

and that means changing ships like siegfried or any other mentioned ship here in this way that they cant compete anymore ... not in the way like they did on the date of purchase

Edited by Bleispucker
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Meh 1

[SRBL]
Members
539 posts
13,923 battles
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

You appear to be a co-op main...

I'm not at all, I have close to 8,000 battles in Random.

And I have seen how Dead Eye has caused even brawling BB's to camp and snipe. 

Edited by Tom_Greg

[ARGSY]
Members
659 posts
10,645 battles

I bought Mass and was just about to reach the point where I could buy the Siegfried. Might hold off but to tell the truth, I suspect that eventually things will get tweaked back in her favor. I will just hold on to em and see what happens.  Palo Emilio does not seem like a bad pickup and I am a DD main but I might get bored of her YOLO style. Think I will just hold off for a while. The points earned are not going to disappear. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,616 posts
9,959 battles

I ground RB points specifically to get Siegfried, but then thankfully I've learned about the proposed captain skill changes before pulling the trigger. So now I'm sitting on more than seventy thousand RB points, with nothing I'd actually want to spend them on.

Members
3,951 posts
14,322 battles

Anecdotally funny, Ive had the same amount (3) of secondary kills with my cruisers (Venezia, Irian, Atago) than my full spec secondary BBs (GA/Pomm/Mass) after the rework. lol

[A-I-M]
Members
3,856 posts
24,395 battles

Theres a legit case for Siegfried , Colbert, and Flint. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,856 posts
24,395 battles
1 minute ago, Rollingonit said:

Anecdotally funny, Ive had the same amount (3) of secondary kills with my cruisers (Venezia, Irian, Atago) than my full spec secondary BBs (GA/Pomm/Mass) after the rework. lol

Huang He lol. 

[O2]
Members
452 posts
10,033 battles

Forget the secondaries. They are just a gimmick and can't help you even if you could spec it. Siegfried is about surgical precision in your 38cm shells. You'll need faster turret rotation mod and skills for it to work with WASD, but at 18km you are untouchable and can hit anyone, anywhere. And those long slender lines are so sexy...

• Cool 1

Members
47 posts
12,696 battles
Just now, Toxygene said:

Forget the secondaries. They are just a gimmick and can't help you even if you could spec it. Siegfried is about surgical precision in your 38cm shells. You'll need faster turret rotation mod and skills for it to work with WASD, but at 18km you are untouchable and can hit anyone, anywhere. And those long slender lines are so sexy...

its not about what u should do ... its about how they present the ships and change it

its about principles!!! ... what wargaming always throws overboard!

• Cool 3

[POD]
[POD]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
10,690 battles
9 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Theres a legit case for Siegfried , Colbert, and Flint. 

And Smolensk 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,334 posts
17,503 battles
6 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Gneisenau with the recent skill changes actually performs more like Siegfried than Siegfried. I’d try her out if you get the chance.

As for Siegfried herself sorry to hear that. Personally she was going to be my next RB ship but after the changes Paolo Emilio or Slava will probably be next.

Yeah tier 7 is the secondary build sweet spot at the moment.