Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Refer27

Commander rework [ CV nerf ]

2 comments in this topic

[PSA]
Members
10 posts
4,526 battles

I have played a couple of games to test the new commander skills and I noticed a big difference in my gameplay, the game has turned more "complex" for CVs, for example: 

• Cruiser AA buff went from 10%+ to a maximum 65%+ (Adrenaline Rush), 55% more than before, playing as lower tier is a hell specially when ships are grouped 
  • They changed Concealment Expert skill to Stealthy that implies a penalty of 50% aircraft return time, the issue is your planes now will stay 50% more time under AA fire when them are gaining height till scape from AA to fly to your ship, that means you will lose all your returning planes before them reach your CV
  • this nerf is that evident that devs added a secret penalty to Torpedo Armament Engineer undeclared in the skill info lol, you can prove it seeing the torp planes stats when you select that skill
  • Torpedo Armament Engineer, Stealthy, Improved Engine Boost are direct nerfs
  • They removed useful stuff like airplane additional speed from Adrenaline Rush and that -10% detection radius to your planes from Concealment Expert

My Opinion:
CV is the most hatred class because people do not lend themselves to understand it, people hate their nature role as DDs, cruiser and BBs have their own, but ignore the "reach" cvs really have in the gameplay, them are not really that overpower as they think, dealing Attacks take minimum a minute at least with the possibilty to miss and lose all your "bullets" giving a feeling of "running out of ammo" unless you were Kaga, you can only focus one target once

People hate you if you play good or bad, if you did good, enemy team report you, if you don't, your team do, you can't literally or hardly have karma if you're main CV, your teammates blame to you for the entire team mistakes, they ask you do multiple task at same time, giving AA, spotting, dealing dmg, dening capture, giving vision as you were RTS while you're helping one flank, the other get mad, the dumbest players are who more complain to CVs the ones who don't dodge, fight alone away, bad positioning, etc
Is not fair this class is getting nerfed constantly for those kind of players for no having common sense, a Yamato can oneshoot you 26km away if you give him broadside, you need to put attention to your map and around for comming threats like planes, "you can't complain you're a CV lmbo" ridiculing one of my big reasons why I play and like the game

They don't only affect the gameplay of my favorite CV Shokaku, they did to an entire class,  I hardly enjoyed those games 
(Sorry for my grammar errors)

cv.png

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,431 posts
10,797 battles
2 hours ago, Refer27 said:

cv.png

This “undeclared skill penalty” actually makes perfect sense. Torpedo arming is a function of time, not distance. Since a faster torpedo will travel farther in the same period of time, it has a correspondingly larger armament distance.

Skills that increase the speed of aerial torpedoes have always been a bit of a double-edged sword in this regard.

Edited by Nevermore135

Sign in to follow this