Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Solving the Secondary Dispersion Nerf

16 comments in this topic

[CAAT]
Members
910 posts
4,543 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Get so close it doesn't matter...

Thank you Soshi, very cool...

usagi tuskino | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

[PVE]
Members
7,560 posts
23,541 battles
6 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Get so close it doesn't matter...

I haven't even watched the video yet but after being in battle w/you in the past...I'm not surprised you figured it out... I'm loking forward to this...

Bummer...I gotta say I was expecting an epic post battle result w/massive 2ndary hits & damage by the title.

Would have liked to see the red's HP too to see how much the 2nds were hitting them for.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,286 posts
19,168 battles
7 hours ago, megahugenoob said:

I don’t fully understand the whole point of your post.

Everyone complaining about the secondary nerf.  I guess the best metaphor is to keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  In other words, in the world of Deadeye and campers...find a way to get in close and make some noise.

3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Would have liked to see the red's HP too to see how much the 2nds were hitting them for.

If I remember, I got about 700 off and 200 hits.  Although not shown in this video, I already dispatched a Benson with secondaries in the same cap.  The Asashio I hit with the mains was located with my Hydro leaving him with the only option to push for a torp shot.  Also, the sinking hulk you see in front at the video start is an enemy Atago that was dispatched by a friendly salvo; I was able to serendipitously use the hulk to block the Asashio line of fire  long enough for me to blap him.

I run the Legendary module (or whatever they're called these days), which gives a net reduction in the rate of secondary shots compared to the alternative module.  One of the unsung benefits of the Legendary on GK isn't the secondary buff, but the main gun reload buff.

Lastly, you can't do this stuff alone.  It only works with good support.  Friendly DDS pushed in, and friendly BBs were with me on the push.  And some good terrain to protect the flank.

[WOLF9]
Members
183 posts
2,280 battles

find a way to get in close and make some noise

Genius

I run the Legendary module (or whatever they're called these days), which gives a net reduction in the rate of secondary shots compared to the alternative module.  One of the unsung benefits of the Legendary on GK isn't the secondary buff, but the main gun reload buff.

Lastly, you can't do this stuff alone.  It only works with good support.  Friendly DDS pushed in, and friendly BBs were with me on the push.  And some good terrain to protect the flank.

Now all I have to do is get a legendary module and some help on my push from a few people in randoms with some terrain and I can hit 40% of my shots at point blank range... got it

wait ....is this a meme post?

Edited by SeaCat_
  • Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
182 posts
4,381 battles

So few good opportunities to use them....so poor results when you do....so sad...

• Cool 1

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,286 posts
19,168 battles
1 hour ago, SeaCat_ said:

Genius

Now all I have to do is get a legendary module and some help on my push from a few people in randoms with some terrain and I can hit 40% of my shots at point blank range... nice

wait ....is this a meme post?

There are some good maps where you can make it work.  

One important thing here is DO NOT play to make your secondaries work.  This was true before the update, and is perhaps more true after the update.  Secondaries are a piece of brawling strategy, NOT the be all end all.  They are a supplement to the existing strategic and tactical setup.  Positioning....good main gun firing arcs with cover...those are the key pieces.  Secondaries are...well...secondary to the those.  If you can find the good positions with good main arcs...the secondaries become icing on the cake.  

Many players simply do not know how to take advantage of the early game when running a KM ship.  I push in with DDs a lot...they are very appreciative to have an elephant (with really good hydro) in the cap with them, and I'm appreciative that I have little friends to prevent DDs making a run on me. 

There is a fine line on figuring out when to push and when to wait.  What maps give good push cover, and what maps don't.  It's taken me a long time to figure it out...and sometimes I still mess up.  But when it pans out...it's really fun.

[JMMAF]
Members
678 posts
9,008 battles
22 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

There are some good maps where you can make it work.  

One important thing here is DO NOT play to make your secondaries work.  This was true before the update, and is perhaps more true after the update.  Secondaries are a piece of brawling strategy, NOT the be all end all.  They are a supplement to the existing strategic and tactical setup.  Positioning....good main gun firing arcs with cover...those are the key pieces.  Secondaries are...well...secondary to the those.  If you can find the good positions with good main arcs...the secondaries become icing on the cake.  

Many players simply do not know how to take advantage of the early game when running a KM ship.  I push in with DDs a lot...they are very appreciative to have an elephant (with really good hydro) in the cap with them, and I'm appreciative that I have little friends to prevent DDs making a run on me. 

There is a fine line on figuring out when to push and when to wait.  What maps give good push cover, and what maps don't.  It's taken me a long time to figure it out...and sometimes I still mess up.  But when it pans out...it's really fun.

I agree to an extent, but I ask you this:   If... its situational at best, why play a Brawling BB at all?

Does the sniper build only work on some maps with adequate cover?

Do CVs airplanes only work in some scenarios?

Do DD's torps not work on some maps?

Does concealment not work on some maps?

Radar always works?

Fire prevention always gives you the same reduction no matter the map?

So why play a Brawling BB?  You need the perfect map with adequate cover. You need a team to push with you. You need spotting to know whats around the corner. You sacrifice getting extra heals, concealment, torpedo hit reduction. You no longer have AA grouped in skills with secondary abilities, hydro has a long cooldown, Secondary accuracy / dispersion was nerfed, DD's are not afraid of you anymore.   There is absolutely no reason why you would ever roll out a brawling BB. It excels nowhere. It is TOLERABLE on a few maps.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
682 posts
15,887 battles
8 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I haven't even watched the video yet but after being in battle w/you in the past...I'm not surprised you figured it out... I'm loking forward to this...

Bummer...I gotta say I was expecting an epic post battle result w/massive 2ndary hits & damage by the title.

Looking at your name, are you a CO-OP player, where enemy bots will always try to ram you? In PVP if ships get that close to you something is wrong.

[JMMAF]
Members
678 posts
9,008 battles
15 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

Looking at your name, are you a CO-OP player, where enemy bots will always try to ram you? In PVP if ships get that close to you something is wrong.

Exactly, that video was.... odd.

[WOLF3]
Members
491 posts
11,673 battles

Well basicaly the patch traded 10% dispersion for -10% main gun reload if you are doing a full spec with the Top Grade Gunner.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,256 posts
10,427 battles

Full secondary spec Tirpitz within 8 KM of 2 DDs...

ZAARzhi.jpg

A 3.5% hit rate is really not acceptable.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,560 posts
23,541 battles
34 minutes ago, Willy55_1955 said:

18 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

Exactly, that video was.... odd.

I play co-op for missions...random main...

Haven't played full time in over 9 months so been spamming only a few random/ranked battles w/mass XP flags (on ships that had highpoint commanders assigned) to ensure all 3 containers (& ranked steel) & massive spamming of co-op to finish missions (Stras before/oriental new year now/dockyard/etc) since I restarted playing new years day...but before my hiatus (& after I catch-up again on all the missions & finish flakes on ships w/low point commanders) I'll be back to mostly random/ranked/& will probably do a bit of CBs...

But the commander rework has been taking most of my time by me needing to respec each & every ships because I haven't seen 1 build assigned by WG that I'd even slightly consider taking on any of my ships...& waiting to knock out all flakes before hitting the reset button on all.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PHD]
Members
1,793 posts
7,225 battles

Maybe a new ramming skill instead of secondaries? 25% increase in speed. 15% reduction in turning radius, 35% increase in damage done and 40% reduction in damage received activated when .5 km or less from target. 

[PVE]
Members
7,560 posts
23,541 battles
5 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Everyone complaining about the secondary nerf.  I guess the best metaphor is to keep your friends close and your enemies closer.  In other words, in the world of Deadeye and campers...find a way to get in close and make some noise.

If I remember, I got about 700 off and 200 hits.  Although not shown in this video, I already dispatched a Benson with secondaries in the same cap.  The Asashio I hit with the mains was located with my Hydro leaving him with the only option to push for a torp shot.  Also, the sinking hulk you see in front at the video start is an enemy Atago that was dispatched by a friendly salvo; I was able to serendipitously use the hulk to block the Asashio line of fire  long enough for me to blap him.

Don't have the GK legendary specs on hand (on phone presently) but if it buffs reload & you combine it w/the new BB skill that buffs reload while in 2nds range I can see that being a nice recipe for pushing in.

Sign in to follow this