You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
leops_1984

Elite Commander XP and captain retraining: it's now all or nothing.

16 comments in this topic

Members
99 posts
21 battles

As per this thread/video, it appears that you can't now use elite commander XP to partially finish grinds. It's now exclusively one method: you either use elite XP to pay for all of it, grind all the way using your premiums, or whale with doubloons.

Scummy as hell, this is.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,927 posts
37,941 battles

I think you misunderstand. That screen is for when you reassign a captain to a different tech tree ship, not for adding skill points. That works like it always has. You earn as much as you can stand in battles then add Elite Commander XP to finish it off. 

clearly I misunderstood

Edited by Landing_Skipper
  • Cool 1

Members
99 posts
21 battles
12 minutes ago, Landing_Skipper said:

I think you misunderstand. That screen is for when you reassign a captain to a different tech tree ship, not for adding skill points. That works like it always has. You earn as much as you can stand in battles then add Elite Commander XP to finish it off. 

That's exactly what I'm talking about. He is clearly retraining his Yamamoto commander to a new tech tree ship. The cost to retrain was 50k. He'd acquired 48,632 via normal play. When he goes to the "Complete Training" button, the only options are either 50,000 XP (the complete cost, not the 1368 left) or doubloons.

[RAGE]
Members
1,996 posts
9,062 battles

Wow.  Took away the 1/2 retraining for credits option, and now no way to finish using excp.   That's pretty sleazy.   ECXP is now only useful in large chunks.  

[A-I-M]
Members
3,745 posts
14,687 battles
3 minutes ago, leops_1984 said:

That's exactly what I'm talking about. He is clearly retraining his Yamamoto commander to a new tech tree ship. The cost to retrain was 50k. He'd acquired 48,632 via normal play. When he goes to the "Complete Training" button, the only options are either 50,000 XP (the complete cost, not the 1368 left) or doubloons.

Note:

WG has “baked in” the 50% retraining at no cost to the player. In other words, retraining takes only half the XP that it did before last week’s update.

This was widely announced, months ago.

Look it up.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
6 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Wow.  Took away the 1/2 retraining for credits option, and now no way to finish using excp.   That's pretty sleazy.   ECXP is now only useful in large chunks.  

No.  That half no longer exists; i.e. the silver option is gone, but the half the silver used to pay for is gone as well.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,517 posts
6,742 battles
17 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Note:

WG has “baked in” the 50% retraining at no cost to the player. In other words, retraining takes only half the XP that it did before last week’s update.

This was widely announced, months ago.

Look it up.

Sure, but instead of 50% skills, you get ZERO skills...so its a net loss.     If you can't afford the retraining cost, its unplayable, or do you wanna play X number of games with NO SKILLS to train the captain?   Cause I sure won't.   

So many skills are flat out required that even a 10 point commander is all but worthless now.  

[K-POP]
Members
4,790 posts
13,129 battles
1 hour ago, Zenn3k said:

Sure, but instead of 50% skills, you get ZERO skills...so its a net loss.     If you can't afford the retraining cost, its unplayable, or do you wanna play X number of games with NO SKILLS to train the captain?   Cause I sure won't.   

So many skills are flat out required that even a 10 point commander is all but worthless now.  

I guess that's another way to *ahem* incentivize the purchase of premium ships, or to encourage players to burn through larger amounts of ecxp so they can't stock up on it.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,892 posts
7,523 battles

In russia, game plays you.  You're not supposed to like it, you're supposed to hand over the gold.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,953 posts
13,535 battles

And WGs slimy business practices and screwing over players while insisting we're better off getting screwed continues.

[PHD]
Members
6 posts
21,661 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 12:23 AM, CV_Jeebies said:

In russia, game plays you.  You're not supposed to like it, you're supposed to hand over the gold.

Party secrets. 

To gulag with you!

[_CIA_]
[_CIA_]
Members
2 posts
7,722 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 1:13 AM, Zaydin said:

And WGs slimy business practices and screwing over players while insisting we're better off getting screwed continues.

I agree, the more money that they try to get from me the less I pay. this last year I have spent less on wow and wot than I did i years before just for that reason

[_CIA_]
[_CIA_]
Members
2 posts
7,722 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 1:13 AM, Zaydin said:

Yep it would bother as much if they had just added the extra skill point to your 19 and made them 21 so you didn't lose the elite commander. But they didn't do that and now tell you we are doing you a favor by making you get another 1,000,000+ EXP to get your elite commander back. I lost 5.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,825 posts
9,859 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 11:41 PM, Zenn3k said:

Sure, but instead of 50% skills, you get ZERO skills...so its a net loss.     If you can't afford the retraining cost, its unplayable....

Somebody forgot to tell all the players that start new captains for new ships lol.

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,393 posts
10,599 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 2:23 AM, CV_Jeebies said:

Remember, every time you purchase doubloons it goes directly into Putin's billion dollah retirement mansion fund ;) 

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,490 posts
22,019 battles
On 1/25/2021 at 12:40 AM, leops_1984 said:

As per this thread/video, it appears that you can't now use elite commander XP to partially finish grinds. It's now exclusively one method: you either use elite XP to pay for all of it, grind all the way using your premiums, or whale with doubloons.

Scummy as hell, this is.

Working as intended.

They cut the experience needed in half, leaving the other 50% with ZERO skills, while we had the option to pay 50% with 200K credits and still having the non-binary skills at 50% for the remaining 50% grind.

I had said this several times before rework, and they told me this was better.

The choice is yours to pay doubloons or live 50% of the grind with NO SKILLS.

And we still have people looking at the skills tree, while they [edited] us with the 500K for skill 20th and 700K for skill 21st, and the doubloons for moving a captain to the next shp.

Ahhh certainly, invite your friends and you can win real dollars.