Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Uncle_Lou

Goliath - range or RoF?

4 comments in this topic

[UNC]
Members
889 posts
6,242 battles

So I feel like Goliath is a decent boat, but that awful reload kind of kills it for me; though at the same time her range isn't great.  To this point I've been running the reload module to get it down close to 16 seconds, but I have heard from a couple of people that range may be the way to go.  Obviously the skill re-break has changed a ton of stuff, but I am curious as to how other people have built Goliath:  range, or reload?

[PISD]
Members
1,817 posts
6,008 battles
39 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

So I feel like Goliath is a decent boat, but that awful reload kind of kills it for me; though at the same time her range isn't great.  To this point I've been running the reload module to get it down close to 16 seconds, but I have heard from a couple of people that range may be the way to go.  Obviously the skill re-break has changed a ton of stuff, but I am curious as to how other people have built Goliath:  range, or reload?

I use her with the range mod. She lack survivability to  brawl and do not have Drake’s spotter plane. 

[_RNG_]
Alpha Tester
29 posts
4,617 battles

So for me this is really hard. I run reload because the reload is bad to begin with but on top of that the Ballistics for the gun over all is crap. The shell speed and arc are bad enough at 16.5 km but at 18-19 it is so bad it is hell to hit much. you would the same chance of hitting something at 18 km as with a US DD gun.  This is not just words I have actually tried it and it was really bad. 

Members
19 posts
52 battles

It's a matter of, do you prefer learning to hit things at 19 km or do you prefer to learn how to stay alive at mid range. Either is ok, personally I prefer the reload mod, because Goliath can somewhat reliably tank BBs at 14-15 km and I prefer having the dps to be able to win cruiser duels.

Sign in to follow this