Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Do the bot have a course anticipator in their programming

11 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,079 posts
18,636 battles

Bots can be horribly inaccurate sometimes (so can humans) but I have noticed when I go into a tight turn they seem to have little trouble hitting me at range. I would think they would calculate their lead based on my speed and heading when they shoot. Which means their shells should mostly be off to the outside of the turn. Instead I often get centered in a salvo. I notice this especially when I am spotted and dodging that first wave of  aircraft in a DD and get targeted by half the red fleet.  The shells are all long range so my maneuvering should throw them off and the planes off. Instead I take a fair amount of damage.

The bots are damn lucky. A lot.

The bots have guided shells that make slight corrections on their way.

The bot targeting algorithm calculates that I am in a turn and will continue that turn and aims accordingly

[NOVUM]
Members
103 posts
5,241 battles
53 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

The bot targeting algorithm calculates that I am in a turn and will continue that turn and aims accordingly

^^^^This has been my experience. If your rudder is already shifted before the bots fire they will take your turn into account when aiming.

Humans will do this too. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,079 posts
18,636 battles
33 minutes ago, BitCrushed said:

Humans will do this too. 

Right. But humans have to guess (TLAR (that looks about right) method). When the bots are on they are dead on. They do seem to often know what ammo you are loading and if you are turning. 

Always used to think the programming would be more basic, just heading and speed. I guess you can only jink them if you hit the rudder after they shoot. Or you can hope bot RNG sends the salvo way off.

[VOP]
Members
939 posts
19 hours ago, MollyGodiva said:

I don't know, but their ability to dodge torps is impressive.

I had an Izumo S turn around my torpedo spread and get back to his original course yesterday, lol.

[VOP]
Members
595 posts
10,237 battles

The only time I can seem to dodge that first salvo(which always includes a fire), is to make a huge swing of the bow from left to right. That first salvo then misses and they try to correct by aiming opposite. 

But yes they always hit when you are turning.  They shift position on you when you are zoomed in on them and sometimes do a speed shift when you are taking aim on them.  I find myself taking a little longer to adjust my aim and lead because they are trying to evade my fire.  Not that they ever suffer from speed loss while trying to do this...:Smile_sceptic:     If we did half of the zigging and zagging they are doing we would have never advanced very far past the starting area.:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles

The bots aim dead center on your ship. If you aren't very fast or very very maneuverable, a tight turn is likely to swing your stern right into the path of their shells. I have better luck dodging bots with speed juking and more slight course changes.

[VN]
Members
251 posts
6,536 battles
On 1/24/2021 at 2:38 PM, Sabot_100 said:

Bots can be horribly inaccurate sometimes (so can humans) but I have noticed when I go into a tight turn they seem to have little trouble hitting me at range. I would think they would calculate their lead based on my speed and heading when they shoot. Which means their shells should mostly be off to the outside of the turn. Instead I often get centered in a salvo. I notice this especially when I am spotted and dodging that first wave of  aircraft in a DD and get targeted by half the red fleet.  The shells are all long range so my maneuvering should throw them off and the planes off. Instead I take a fair amount of damage.

The bots are damn lucky. A lot.

The bots have guided shells that make slight corrections on their way.

I have spent a lot of time riding along with team mates in Coop and Ops, if I happen to get killed early and the bot shell literally curve ball into you sometimes... IE homing shells.
That's why if you turn when they fire and you are sometimes 15km or more away they still hit you with massive impact. (that and zero dispersion combined)
I played my first random in ages the other night and I got a Kracken Unleashed and did massive damage for the tier, because the human players don't aim as well, don't have shells that curve, can't torp you when you constantly jink around etc etc.
The bot cheats are so bad now, that human players are easier targets.
Human driven boats don't have the fire setting rates, rarely focus fire etc etc

Edited by Ericmopar

Members
110 posts
3,059 battles

I don't mind that they're hyper accurate, even when you're turning.  What bothers me is that they will be hyper accurate even if you change direction AFTER they fired.  This happens with torpedoes, too.

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
200 posts
16,940 battles

I don't think they aim at all.  It seems to me that the game decides on a hit probability and it applies the damage, no matter what you do.

• Cool 4

[_I_]
Members
54 posts
On 2/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, Bikk said:

I don't think they aim at all.  It seems to me that the game decides on a hit probability and it applies the damage, no matter what you do.

This seems to be the case. If a bot's gonna get you, it's gonna get you.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this