You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BCGrog

Secondary nerf to Bismarck and French BB's. They've wrecked the most fun part of the game for me.

15 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
215 posts
11,284 battles

See pic of damage screen.

121 hits / 846 secondary shots fired from Bismarck, 21 pt Luetjens, all secondary spec'ed, brawling within at times 3 to 4 kms from their Richelieu at one point. What's that ... 14 %?

Not to mention how they've wrecked the French BB's even worse, which were also a ton of fun.

I haven't played since Friday. I reset all my captains with the magic button, but I have no motivation to come back.

Wargaming .... I'm a big ol' whale. You farmed a ridiculous $ 8 grand total from me over 5 years ( according to my Paypal account summary ).  Do you want me to continue whaling with you?

Fix this.

Or I'll go find another game that is interested in a long term relationship with my disposable income.

I know I'm not alone in this.

shot-21.01.22_16.09.25-0783.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles

I thought I'd try out Bayern with secondaries.

Underwhelming AF, not worth 7 points.

I put on the dispersion upgrade, and grabbed Deadeye and AR instead.

[PVE]
Alpha Tester
637 posts
16,839 battles

Sometimes it's almost as if someone on woogoo's staff thinks the word frustration, and the word fun mean the same thing because they share the letters, F U N.

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

121 hits / 846 secondary shots fired from Bismarck, 21 pt Luetjens, all secondary spec'ed, brawling within at times 3 to 4 kms from their Richelieu at one point. What's that ... 14 %?

Not to mention how they've wrecked the French BB's even worse, which were also a ton of fun.

I haven't played since Friday. I reset all my captains with the magic button, but I have no motivation to come back.

Wargaming .... I'm a big ol' whale. You farmed a ridiculous $ 8 grand total from me over 5 years ( according to my Paypal account summary ).  Do you want me to continue whaling with you?

Fix this.

Or I'll go find another game that is interested in a long term relationship with my disposable income.

On the 14% accuracy you need to take into account the fact that ALL the 2ndaries are firing & most of the others are not getting the dispersion bonus...just the ones locked on the ship you have selected.

Have no practical info to add as I haven't tried any 2ndary builds yet personally...just a factor to consider you may not have been adding into your calculations.

Unfortunately there's no way to determine what percentage of the locked on 2ndaries are hitting as compared to the others...wonder if WG can implement that stat in.

Another thing to consider (now that 2nds fire not just at the selected ship) is after you select a ship...if you maneuver...the new guns that would have aimed at the selected ship before will not engage that selected ship if they're already locked on another target until that other target dies or goes undetected/our of range.

IOW... if you select a target & maneuver...you might wanna reselect it again to get the new guns in range firing at it.

Hope that idea helps...again...I got no practical experience w/any of this...just going by the theory of how 2nds usually work.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,860 posts
24,474 battles
1 hour ago, BCGrog said:

Fix this.

Anyone whose enjoyment is tied to an automated PvE mechanic is on tenuous ground in this or any game. 

Its entirely possible they will relent though, since this seems to be a remarkably large part of the player base. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts

So glad I never got the Mass

Was so close before they took it out of game.

Have you noticed when they take a ship out they so something that destroys said ship.

Flint now pointless.  Mass now no fun.

Watch for the next ship being taken out.

Members
239 posts
2,705 battles

The past games with my Bismarck before the update i  was getting 20-30k in secondary damage. I'm not gonna play because I know I'll  be extremely dissapointed.

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

Your favorite part of the game was automated guns that you have little to no control over? Seems like a weird flex, but ok.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,378 posts
10,471 battles

About 20% hit rate on my US BB secondaries (Montana, Missouri, Georgia). Ran Tirpitz earlier, it's around 10-15%.

Need the MS skill or the secondaries aren't anything but fireworks. At least it's nice the secondary range captain skill is 3-point instead of 4.

[FORM]
Members
2,117 posts
13,013 battles

And even when it's as effective as it was, you've given up a LOT of survival skills, and with the skill changes, most everyone else had greater offensive power than they did. 

[ING]
Members
113 posts
3 hours ago, ol_Cajun said:

... the word frustration and the word fun mean the same thing ...

I think the word you are looking for is Russian

[WOLF3]
Members
494 posts
11,721 battles
3 hours ago, BCGrog said:

Fix this.

dont spend alot of money on any game.

• Boring 1

[TOG]
Members
215 posts
11,284 battles
7 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Your favorite part of the game was automated guns that you have little to no control over? Seems like a weird flex, but ok.

I gotta spell it out for you?

I'm an aggressive player who loves brawling. 

Pushing in and selecting targets to chip down in a hail of main and effective secondary fire and switching to alternate targets who are attacking while I pummel another ship with mains, getting CQ achievements, backing up my DD's and cruisers is why I love playing the Bismarck and other German and French BB's.

Example seeing actual results from secondary fire and watching the HP line dropping on a chasing destroyer is fun.

Starting fires and harrassing with volume of fire on opponent BB's or damaging cruisers in range is fun.

Watching destroyers back away due to accurate secondary fire is fun.

I could go on.

Other guys love playing secondary spec BB's for the same rush.

And no, I don't just rely on the PvE gunfire to carry me.

Some reasons are tactical, some are pure enjoyment.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
494 posts
11,721 battles

Agree. The problem solving and decision making at close range is fun. I’m actually fighting like a warship and it’s everything I could ask for in a naval combat game. And a German bb you were not there to snipe you are on the hunt.

Edited by Drifter_X