You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Flamu testing deadeye on Republique.

16 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

Pretty well right on.

Edited by Chain_shot

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Ya pretty much what is happening... this is HURTING THE GAME. But hey "Carefully taking notes of what people say/said/saying lol.

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

I like what he said in the Yammy Video.

"F-off dd you are screwing with my deadeye.":Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

oh yeah forgot to mention Flamu saying ...

"where's the soviet commander with improved deadeye that's what I am waiting for to come out."

:Smile_Default::Smile_Default::Smile_Default:

probably need a thread about ...." Poop Flamu Says."

Edited by Chain_shot

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,404 posts
10,628 battles

In several of the shots he took and was amazed at dispersion he was actually not firing with dead-eye dispersion since he was being detected by a ship ( ! ) . 

Yamato with dead eye still has a big vertical dispersion. If he wants to be amazed he should look at how slava now lands all shells exactly where aimed or how Vermont lands 12 shells in an area smaller than a BB turret's top side. 

Also, dead-eye does not seem to work if you have no target selected so it does not help vs shooting at stuff inside smoke...though IRONICALLY, targeting a ship visible behind or in front the smoke does let you shoot at the smoke with deadeye effect enabled. 

[TIMT]
Members
1,269 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, Skyfaller said:

In several of the shots he took and was amazed at dispersion he was actually not firing with dead-eye dispersion since he was being detected by a ship ( ! ) . 

Isn't the skill condition is for the red ship to be detected inside your base concealment, and not just you being detected, right?

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
3 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

Isn't the skill condition is for the red ship to be detected inside your base concealment, and not just you being detected, right?

If there is any visible red ship within your base detectability range the skill will not work.  

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[DIEBL]
Members
658 posts
8,654 battles
3 minutes ago, shinytrashcan said:

This is correct. 

[DIEBL]
Members
658 posts
8,654 battles
1 minute ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

If there is any visible red ship within your base detectability range the skill will not work.  It doesn't have to be "spotted" in it.

It does have to be a spotted ship. 

[TIMT]
Members
1,269 posts
4,774 battles
1 hour ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

If there is any visible red ship within your base detectability range the skill will not work.  

So I just looked up the wording in game and it is the "standard detectability radius", which I guess is the one after modules and skills, but before things like smoke, cyclones, gun bloom etc. Also, it needs to be a visible ship since "...if there are no visible hostile ships within the ship's standard detectability radius".

Therefore, if you are detected but can't see what is detecting you then Deadeye is still active. Only if that thing becomes spotted does it no longer work. They probably did that so that the improved dispersion could not be used as a detection mechanism (i.e. "hey I lost my deadeye buff, must be a DD within in my detectability radius. but I am not spotted, so he can only be behind that island over there").

[WOLFG]
Members
32,021 posts
9,919 battles
1 hour ago, shinytrashcan said:

Red ship must be inside your concealment. Whether or not you're detected doesn't matter. 

[TIMT]
Members
1,269 posts
4,774 battles
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Red ship must be inside your concealment. Whether or not you're detected doesn't matter. 

But the red ship must be detected too, right? I mean that is how I interpret the description with the whole "visible" part.

[WOLFG]
Members
32,021 posts
9,919 battles
Just now, shinytrashcan said:

But the red ship must be detected too, right? I mean that is how I interpret the description with the whole "visible" part.

Yes, that's right. The red ship must be detected, but you don't have to be. (like if a DD was 6km away from you, but on the other side of an island, and spotted by a teammate, you wouldn't get the bonus)