You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Argus

Free XP Worth Saving For Future Ships Or Blow It Now?

11 comments in this topic

[SOBA6]
Members
261 posts

I haven't spent any Free xp in a long time and I'm just wondering if it's worth saving for any future ships or just blow it now? The Smaland doesn't really interest me as I have the Halland and although they have some differences, it doesn't seem that much more impressive. Then there is the Alaska but I don't play cruisers much so I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. So should I just keep saving and is there a cap/limit on how much FXP you can accumulate? At the rate I have been grinding I'll hit 3 million in another 2 weeks. I been using a ton of flags to grind out 2 ships lines at the same time. Get to tier 10 and then pick 2 more lines to start on.  I use the flags mainly for the xp and captain xp but many also have fxp included so it adds up fast. 

Do we know of anything good coming out for fxp in the future?

[WOLF1]
Members
802 posts
1,811 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

I haven't spent any Free xp in a long time and I'm just wondering if it's worth saving for any future ships or just blow it now? The Smaland doesn't really interest me as I have the Halland and although they have some differences, it doesn't seem that much more impressive. Then there is the Alaska but I don't play cruisers much so I'm not sure I'd enjoy it. So should I just keep saving and is there a cap/limit on how much FXP you can accumulate? At the rate I have been grinding I'll hit 3 million in another 2 weeks. I been using a ton of flags to grind out 2 ships lines at the same time. Get to tier 10 and then pick 2 more lines to start on.  I use the flags mainly for the xp and captain xp but many also have fxp included so it adds up fast. 

Have you unlocked research bearu? If so, you can use the Fxp to reset and grind up lines and get reasearch points for ships in the research bearu, such as the yolo Emilio t9 Italian DD 

Edited by Boomer625

[CO-OP]
Members
2,694 posts
27,896 battles
4 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Have you unlocked research bearu? If so, you can use the Fxp to reset and grind up lines and get reasearch points for ships in the research bearu, such as the yolo Emilio t9 Italian DD 

Good point, and with the new season starting in about 3 weeks you can get 2x points for resetting a line now, and another 2x when the new season starts.

[KWF]
Members
5,623 posts
6,924 battles

Personally until things somewhat settle down  skills meta wise I wouldn't touch anything. 

Something broken OP and strong could easily turn out worthless in a matter of days. 

Edited by warheart1992

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,208 posts
22,715 battles
12 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I think the vampire 2 will be fxp when smaland goes away. Just guessing though. 

I am hoping this happens!

12 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

I just got Yolo Emilio and am sitting on enough RB points (along with a free XP of two lines) to get something in similar price range at season end/begin. I'm hoping WG gives some notice about RB ship updates before this season expires.

Of course, all those "replacement" ships will likely be around long enough to get one then the other...

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,678 posts
25,885 battles

I honestly hope they do away with free experience ships. Dont get me wrong I love them, but they arent getting rid of RB so I'd rather use my free experince there instead.

I dont mind the regrind at first but I hate playing the same ships over and over so it get tedious for me. Thus I play a ship for a bit and when I'm sick of it, use free experince to get the next one and its RB points.

Charging 1 or 2 million free experince for a ship is a ton considering you can do a whole line in RB for around 1.2 million.

[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
56 minutes ago, Lord_Argus said:

I wouldn't compare the Smaland to the Halland.  They're two different boats, regardless of their similarities.  The  Halland is much more of a torp boat while the Smaland is more of an anti DD gunboat.

Still, if you don't want to splurge on the Smaland, it's your 2M FXP.

Something else to consider is if you see a ship in the Research Bureau that really intrigues you, having a good pile of FXP can make earning the RP a lot easier.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,942 posts
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

Good point, and with the new season starting in about 3 weeks you can get 2x points for resetting a line now, and another 2x when the new season starts.

how much FXP you need to get a RB ship?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,694 posts
27,896 battles
54 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

how much FXP you need to get a RB ship?

If you have access to the RB, and haven't used your starting 10K Research Points, you need to reset the IJN DD gunboat line (Harugumo) twice.  You will be able to get the Paolo Emilio for 43K RPs.  This will cost around 1.4 million FXP.

[SGSS]
Members
5,602 posts
3 hours ago, Lord_Argus said:

Sounds like you should wait.  Unless something yes do it.  Don't.