You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bortt

Anyone else upset at constantly getting lied to and mislead by WG?

88 comments in this topic

[Y0L0W]
Members
582 posts
19,183 battles

Puerto Rico.....Merry Christmas, you get to build a ship.....kind of but not really.

Christmas crates that are "Random"....kind of but not really.

Skill rework....you get more skill points for more flexibility....kind of but not really.

I'm pretty sure the testing for this patch was for nothing more than PR. There was never any intention to listen to the testers. This whole rework was for nothing more than to further monetize captain skill points. So far, at the expense of about every ship.

Maybe now more premiums can be released that synergize with the new captain skills while leaving 5 years of ships in irrelevance.

• Cool 19
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,649 battles

Yeah, all the time with all you listed and more.

They sadly have the only decent game for battleships etc. Right now there's nothing else like WoWS.

That's where they have us rather stuck. Should that change though...

But yeah until then there's no other game like this one out there.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
26,051 posts
28,782 battles
57 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Puerto Rico.....Merry Christmas, you get to build a ship.....kind of but not really.

Skill rework....you get more skill points for more flexibility....kind of but not really.

I'm pretty sure the testing for this patch was for nothing more than PR. There was never any intention to listen to the testers. This whole rework was for nothing more than to further monetize captain skill points. So far, at the expense of about every ship.

Maybe now more premiums can be released that synergize with the new captain skills while leaving 5 years of ships in irrelevance.

I'm much more bothered by the whiny prima donnas than by WG.  Mind you, I happen to think that some of the skills in the rework could use some tweaking, but that's not the same thing as calling it a lie or misleading, or calling for people at WG to be fired, etc.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 9

[POD]
[POD]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
10,690 battles
1 hour ago, Bortt said:

first time huh? yea no tier 10 premiums no submarines

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles
6 hours ago, Bortt said:

I tend to look at Wargaming as the crazy hot chick that you just can not stay away from even though you just know one day she is going to set you on fire when you are sleeping in bed....  

I do not expect a meaningful, long term, healthy relationship to blossom out of the association. Just loads of fun on the weekends. When she says or does something really stupid, it is best just to nod and smile. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

[USCC]
Members
3,116 posts
14,656 battles

My  takeaway  on the whole rework is you grind out one 21 point captain for each nation you play, and then spec them out for piles of premium ships.
The skills themselves are give and take, kinda like before, but now with more take and less give. 
But nothing should surprise anyone any more when it comes to WeeeGee and the spreadsheet overlords.
If you're still here after all we've been though the past 5 years, then we really have nobody to blame but ourselves. 
It's a love/hate relationship! :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles
6 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

My  takeaway  on the whole rework is you grind out one 21 point captain for each nation you play, and then spec them out for piles of premium ships.

This is my strategy too Spud. I have 5 of the 7 legendary captains and this is how I plan on playing going forward. I want to grind out the 350k coal I need to buy the last two captains and get them bumped up to 21. Once that is done, I will reassess. 

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I tend to look at Wargaming as the crazy hot chick that you just can not stay away from even though you just know one day she is going to set you on fire when you are sleeping in bed....  

I do not expect a meaningful, long term, healthy relationship to blossom out of the association. Just loads of fun on the weekends. When she says or does something really stupid, it is best just to nod and smile. 

You love a woman full power. Or don't love at all.

The really good ones will leave something in yourself. (And vice versa.) Ive been fortunate to have enjoyed life with a small number in my lifetime. You sometimes miss them. Better to have loved than never at all.

• Cool 1

[WKY12]
Members
59 posts
5,698 battles

My observation about this...and I specifically thought this when the Puerto Rico debacle occurred...is that WG needs better English technical writing. For instance "Increases the firing accuracy of the main battery, if there are no visible hostile ships within the ships standard detectability radius." Huh? 

I'm guessing at: "Increases the firing accuracy of your main battery when your are undetected and there are no detected enemy ships within your ship's standard detectability radius. (I.e. a detected enemy within your ship's standard detectabily radius, but which cannot detect your ship, for whatever reason.)

Huh?

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

This is my strategy too Spud. I have 5 of the 7 legendary captains and this is how I plan on playing going forward. I want to grind out the 350k coal I need to buy the last two captains and get them bumped up to 21. Once that is done, I will reassess. 

Mine as well.  As I have said before, I am contemplating selling all but a small sample of TT ships and keeping the Premiums as primary ships.   What's the point anymore to do anything other than that????  So, I'm giving the game till the next Update to sort this Goat Rope out and if they don't, pock them and "let the great purge begin !"   Having 140 ships and twenty three 19 point CPT meant nothing.........cause if it did, our host would be providing quality content instead of even goofier gimmicks as this skill tree change is....... 

My strategy as well.......well said.

• Cool 1

[FDK]
Members
1,326 posts

For example, the Thunderer

Thunderer needs a nerf dispersion: from 251m to 310 m. No premium BB is supposed to have better dipersion than non-premium BBs (And specially a paper BB)

• Meh 2

[TSF]
Members
367 posts
13,953 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

^Epic! 

Give this man a cookie.

[WYRN]
Beta Testers
200 posts
16,946 battles

working as intended

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
10 hours ago, Bortt said:

PR - Best sale of the year took that first weekend before the start of the event to figure it all out but the forum did a good job, loved it.

Christmas Crates - understood from the start how they worked. They told us how they worked then.... stopped telling us typical WG communication gaff but there was nothing new there.

Skill rework - digging it so far. Reset 3 lines to work on if from the bottom up. Likely to be some adjustments as we go. 

WG is has never mislead me. They can be hard to understand sometimes as there is a communication gap sometimes but I have been playing since Closed Beta World of Tanks so I typically am not confused by them. I think I speak WG and my predictions on what they will do are most often correct.

Simple rule do not accept an offer from WG if you do not understand it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[BOTES]
Members
2,249 posts
8,752 battles

Outside of the bare minimum to get rare or monetary items for playing, I'm quitting until the rework is reverted. I could tolerate the shittiness of the CV rework, but not this. Everything has been ruined by BB sniping. There's no reason to play any other class than CV as DDs and CLs do not have the range to impact the game anymore and CA meme builds are so awful that you may as well play BB instead.

Dead game, dead developer. I have no faith in WG anymore to do the right thing. They are genuinely incompetent and do not know what they're doing.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 3

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
3 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Mine as well.  As I have said before, I am contemplating selling all but a small sample of TT ships and keeping the Premiums as primary ships.   What's the point anymore to do anything other than that????  So, I'm giving the game till the next Update to sort this Goat Rope out and if they don't, pock them and "let the great purge begin !"   Having 140 ships and twenty three 19 point CPT meant nothing.........cause if it did, our host would be providing quality content instead of even goofier gimmicks as this skill tree change is....... 

My strategy as well.......well said.

Why would you sell tt ships? They give coal/steel/ free signals twice a year and cost nothing to sit there. Just play your premiums but keep the tt ships for those 2 times a year. That’s what i’ll be doing.

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 1

[TSF]
Members
367 posts
13,953 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

WG is has never mislead me

I want some of whatever you're smoking.

[PVE]
Members
4,989 posts
22,019 battles
5 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Why would you sell tt ships? They give coal/steel/ free signals twice a year and cost nothing to sit there. Just play your premiums but keep the tt ships for those 2 times a year. That’s what i’ll be doing.

A better question: who wants to play that much anymore even for a single flag, or a single piece of coal, or so little steel, it takes years to accumulate it???  No, only Clan Battle teams and those committed to PVP benefit from that silliness.

The rest of us, they simply don't want or give a crap about.   Why have more than 30 ships in this new paradigm?   I'll have six, 21 point CPT's and a great majority of the rest will be 19 pointers.  I play the same "x" ships today and they are only 19 pointers..........  The scenario ships I use are all 19 pointers (Fabuki, Fiji, Nurunburg, etc.....) are all 19 pointers.  So................why keep anything else????  Snowflakes?  And, I'd bet they will be further reduced in 2021 to the same level of cheapness the game has accepted as their standard:  Marginal = Pass.   Long gone are the days where this game's "Value Proposition" meant something..........those days died at the Cruiser Line Split and follow-on debacles....

Why sell TT ships:  because they are not value added anymore.  Because the game is digressing into a simple arcade shooter without a lick of first world quality left to enjoy.  Because I've stopped grinding for anything because all they offer is sub-par efforts and reduced chances and greater odds.........   And, to "just say NO" to what they have done at all levels......

Alpha Tester
550 posts
11,080 battles
7 hours ago, paradat said:

PR - Best sale of the year took that first weekend before the start of the event to figure it all out but the forum did a good job, loved it.

Christmas Crates - understood from the start how they worked. They told us how they worked then.... stopped telling us typical WG communication gaff but there was nothing new there.

Skill rework - digging it so far. Reset 3 lines to work on if from the bottom up. Likely to be some adjustments as we go. 

WG is has never mislead me. They can be hard to understand sometimes as there is a communication gap sometimes but I have been playing since Closed Beta World of Tanks so I typically am not confused by them. I think I speak WG and my predictions on what they will do are most often correct.

Simple rule do not accept an offer from WG if you do not understand it.

This, people, is the model for threading the needle between brilliance, trolling, and shell-shock.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Until yesterday, the note on my profile said "I'm tired of being lied to and insulted... and then called nonconstructive when I object to being lied to and insulted".  

So yes, I'm tired of it. 

• Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
5 hours ago, Litigo_1970 said:

I want some of whatever you're smoking.

I don't smoke. Just check your emotions at the door and you will get there.

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
7 minutes ago, Weapon_of_Proliferation said:

This, people, is the model for threading the needle between brilliance, trolling, and shell-shock.

Lol...err....thanks?

[WOLFG]
Members
11,593 posts
10,718 battles

I guess life experiences have led me to pay attention to what people (and companies) do as opposed to say.

So I not upset, but WG hasn't dissuaded me from this ^