You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

POLL: Is game play better or worse in 10.0 ?

10.0 Skills Rework Poll   

242 members have voted

1. 1. How do you find game play after the skills rework?

• Better
    • Worse
    • Same

53 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,393 battles

Just curious how people feel about the actual game play after the skills rework. Seems that most of the BBs are now hugging the back edge of the map.  

[WORX]
Members
12,549 posts
19,756 battles

If this was a ship taking in water... I've say its the same, the ships is still sinking at a very slow sink rate.

This will not improve things nor will it cause a "red alert."

[RLGN]
Members
15,516 posts
27,239 battles

Can't actually say at the moment.

Have only PVE'd since the rework.

Other than the stupidity of some skill recommendations, and the annoyance of moved around, removed, and increased cost skills; can't say I've men much real difference.

Someone talked in another thread about players trying to use DeadEye against the bots, but I've not seen that either.

[-TKS-]
Members
3,354 posts
17,393 battles
11 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

If this was a ship taking in water... I've say its the same, the ships is still sinking at a very slow sink rate.

This will not improve things nor will it cause a "red alert."

I think it's sinking faster now.

The game is a big mess. I'd pay to play WOWS from 2 years ago. 

• Cool 4

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,569 posts
18,414 battles

I'm skipping any game play above Tier 8 for the foreseeable future. My concern is that after the skill rework to get me back to my original survival build it's now going to cost me 21 pts instead of 19 pts. This is due to required skills being made more expensive. Then there's also the fact that BFT and AFT were split and no longer buff both secondaries and AA. So, my build is weaker since I don't have the commander experience or doubloons saved up to buff all of my 19 pointers, plus my super cruisers have lost needed survivability skills.  

Overall, not pleased with the rework. It's certainly not the end of the world, or my time playing this game, but unhappy customers do not make for paying customers. 

Your Most Unhappy Customers Are Your Greatest Source of Learning - Bill  Gates | Bill Gates Meme on ME.ME

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

So give it 5 more years, and they can launch WoWS Classic for you.  :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,472 posts
5,678 battles

It's too soon to say. People are still wrapping their heads around all the changes.

However, from what I've seen so far, I'm not impressed. In fact it makes me sad, they have changed the game in such a way that it's really becoming harder and harder to have fun. As someone who plays brawling ships most of the time this "deadeye" while fun has basically killed brawling as a playstyle dead. The point costs are too extreme to flesh it out and the lack of accuracy for secondaries coupled with HE spam usually means you are dead before you can do much with those expensive and lacking secondaries.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,549 posts
19,756 battles
2 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The numbers dont reflect that narrative... WOWS players are resilient..

[VORTX]
Members
573 posts
7,501 battles

Undecided. 

skills for cruisers have been fine. My DDs are all too low to really take advantage of anything new. Battleships are at a loss for me. Besides straight forward ones like Iowa and Kremlin and Amagi, im not quite sure what to do. I really enjoy French and German secondaries ships and pushing, but the only place for that seems to be Coop. What else is new right? 

I’m still quirked at the cost to play 21 pointers. It’s insane.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles

Way to early to tell. Meta is in flux.

• Meh 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,504 posts
16,167 battles

One thing has changed is that the higher the point commander, the greater influence on the battle you have compared to the previous captain skill plan. There is a bigger effective difference between a 14 and a 10 commander than there used to be.

[PSP]
Members
29 posts
9,688 battles

I haven't played any battles since the drop. And I won't. I learned from the CV drop that making changes to my ship builds and captains to adjust then trying to and play a gorked update translated into a halved my win rate in Random, had me waste every flag and camo I used when planes suddenly and without any meaningful consequences killed me at their leisure, and angered me to the point of leaving the game for about 4-5 months. When I returned later in the summer, many, many nerfs had been made and I found the game had come full circle to somewhat resembling the enjoyable surface naval warfare game I had first enjoyed.

I have reset all my captain points and am quite willing to now hibernate. The game developers will now rinse and repeat. In several months I suspect we'll have enough changes to somewhat un-gork this unholy mess. As a BB main who likes to advance and tank and cap, this unrequested gong show of a sniping version seems dedicated to punishing players like I am so, hey, my response is: No say, no pay, no play. All I can do is hope things will change for the better. We'll see...    

• Cool 1

Members
216 posts
14,752 battles

I played a few games after the update. I attempted to make my current lineup of ships work, unsuccessfully. I just dont see how these skills can make our ships more diverse. If anything, it forces us to either have a crap set of skills or select the ones they "recommend".  To be honest, I was pretty pissed off when I logged out.

So I waited a few days, thought about it, tweaked a few commanders skills around and decided to give it another try

My conclusion is this

[edited] this game

Uninstalled 

• Thanks 5

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles

I'm gonna call it now and say, that it's worse. It's definitely worse. My secondaries can't hit a darn thing, my turrets are SLOWER, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, thanks to how Grease the Gears works on battleships with slower turret traverse. Dead Eye meta is BORING. I tried the standard build and I was SO freakin' bored...I miss brawling, honestly. then I tried cruisers and hoo wee, what a freakin' mess. You've got Alaska firing at like 12s at half health with a big as heck 17.3km detection range, it is the DUMBEST build concept of all time. But it works, somehow, it works, and it shows just how BROKEN these skills are...Did NO ONE test this stuff? Like, at all? Haven't had the heart to check DDs yet....or CVs....will get there eventually, I am taking all this kinda slow and methodical. And then there's the valid complaint that for BBs, you can't even get the amount of survivability like you could before, even with more points. So you're getting less, for more points....It's not good, really.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 1

[POD]
[POD]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
10,690 battles
30 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

Undecided. 

skills for cruisers have been fine. My DDs are all too low to really take advantage of anything new. Battleships are at a loss for me. Besides straight forward ones like Iowa and Kremlin and Amagi, im not quite sure what to do. I really enjoy French and German secondaries ships and pushing, but the only place for that seems to be Coop. What else is new right? 

I’m still quirked at the cost to play 21 pointers. It’s insane.

the skills for cruisers are not fine those with smaller caliber guns lost range due to the patch are almost un playable

[NMKJT]
Members
3,002 posts

I can't tell whether it's better or worse right now, cause there's still too many Thonkerers and Conqs trying to do that stupid BB fire/cit mission for Hizen. Once they mostly complete it we'll see.

• Meh 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
28 minutes ago, paradat said:

^^^

There are definitely skills which are OP and will be adjusted, maybe droped ... there are others that are worthless and will probably be replaced ...and maybe a few good new ones

There are other aspects of this change which continue to reflect on WG at it's worst ... I think you can figure that one out on your own

Like many have already said, it's still too early for a final assessment ...  honestly, I've just lost interest in trying to figure out again what's what ... I came to play a game ... and will continue to do so as long as too much fun is not sucked out of it

For now, I've reset all my commanders ... play a few ships with some skills set ... but  most others without any skills at all ... welcome to the arcade

For the time being, my new motto is "WOWS, the non-thinking man's strategy game"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohTW_lWRrvU

[ECOM]
Members
44 posts
8,662 battles

According to the Spreadsheets, this poll doesn't count.

I dislike it because most of the skills are overly conditional rather than being a skill that is active at all times.

In addition to the "We're giving you more skill points" lie when they are actually taking skill points based on where skills fall now in the levels now.

[VORTX]
Members
573 posts
7,501 battles
34 minutes ago, sonofliberty89 said:

the skills for cruisers are not fine those with smaller caliber guns lost range due to the patch are almost un playable

I’m great with Smolensk and Colbert being nerfed. They are the most toxic individual ships in the game. Flint, I’m sympathetic  towards. WG should boost it to 13k. 

• Meh 1

[BNRJ]
Members
147 posts
6,226 battles

My winning rate has taken a dive over the past week.  The brawlers I like to play have been nerfed, so I'm playing the sniper BBs with deadeye that I'm less skillful at playing.  Result have been predictably poor. Really unhappy with the change.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,359 posts
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Might be in flux but there's no doubt that dead-eye as it exists now is detrimental to game play.

• Cool 1

[POD]
[POD]
Alpha Tester
60 posts
10,690 battles
13 minutes ago, Pirate_Named_Sue said:

I’m great with Smolensk and Colbert being nerfed. They are the most toxic individual ships in the game. Flint, I’m sympathetic  towards. WG should boost it to 13k. 

they could have just lowered the chance of fire with increase in range

Members
654 posts
17,847 battles
2 minutes ago, John370 said:

My winning rate has taken a dive over the past week.  The brawlers I like to play have been nerfed, so I'm playing the sniper BBs with deadeye that I'm less skillful at playing.  Result have been predictably poor. Really unhappy with the change.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of players right now just trying different builds, some not ideal. We have been through this before and it takes a bit to level out and the games to improve a bit. As to my opinion of the rework, well it's too soon to tell but I have only been playing Ranked for the most part and had a bunch of elite commander XP  

• Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[BNRJ]
Members
147 posts
6,226 battles
3 minutes ago, Pete_Darling said:

Keep in mind that there are a lot of players right now just trying different builds, some not ideal. We have been through this before and it takes a bit to level out and the games to improve a bit. As to my opinion of the rework, well it's too soon to tell but I have only been playing Ranked for the most part and had a bunch of elite commander XP  

Ranked at T8 in the bronze league hasn't been too bad, as you don't have the t9 and t10 ships bombing you to oblivion from 25km.  In randoms, I had been enjoying playing a secondary spec Georgia, and that has been pretty much a disaster so far in the new system, even with a 21 point captain. Like you said, I'll give it time, but this past week has been pretty discouraging. I won't even play my tech tree cruisers now (I don't have any above t8)' - I had a few game in Charles Martel where I was uptiered and the Red BBs simply stayed out of range and deleted my with their deadeye rounds. That's simply no fun, which is supposed to be why you play.

• Cool 3