Meta_Man

Graf Zeppelin tips and tricks

11 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles

Hello captains , Here is a tips and tricks to the way I play the much maligned GZ . Her rockets are under appreciated when they have some good attributes . Her bombs are misunderstood and probably not utilized correctly . I go over how and when I use them and show that I average a 50% citadel norm . My Youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you find the videos helpful , remember it is always good to see different perspectives as in 2 different approaches . My winrate in her has been 60%+ since rework with around 200 battles in her and my strategy has morphed some even with the captain rework but has basically been the same . 

• Cool 1

[D4DDY]
Members
21 posts
3,466 battles

They should buff AP bombers... so random

GZ is the most expensive CV (doubloons) in the game, and it has been nerfed crazy...

It does not make sense at all...

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
5 minutes ago, _Sorry__ said:

They should buff AP bombers... so random

GZ is the most expensive CV (doubloons) in the game, and it has been nerfed crazy...

It does not make sense at all...

I always love a buff to a ship I already win in ,lol...they could buff my henri,st.louis, le terrible..lol....love to get them upto 70%...well my st . Louis is already at 70%lol...

[D4DDY]
Members
21 posts
3,466 battles

GZ has the lowest win rate among all CVs in NA server and probably in other servers as well...

And it’s the most “expensive” among other CVs.

that is a problem.

Edited by _Sorry__

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
10 minutes ago, _Sorry__ said:

GZ has the lowest win rate among all CVs in NA server and probably in other servers as well...

that is a problem.

10 minutes ago, _Sorry__ said:

that is a problem.

Well look at other classes , Kidd is lower priced than other DDs and has a  good winrate . Winrate does not  dictate the price . Plenty of the ships in the premium prices do not reflect the winrate (pay to win).

Edited by Meta_Man

[RLGN]
Members
15,468 posts
27,172 battles
1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

Here is a tips and tricks to the way I play the much maligned GZ.

At least it's a 'normal' carrier.

38 minutes ago, _Sorry__ said:

GZ has the lowest win rate among all CVs in NA server...

I couldn't care less. The 'new' KM carriers are useless to me. The rockets are a joke outside a perfect attack run, and the non-standard alignment of the dive bombing reticle so off-putting to me I can barely use it.

As I said; at least Graf is a normal carrier, and doesn't require learning some convoluted set of gymnastics compared to other carriers.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
43 minutes ago, _Sorry__ said:

that is a problem.

avg playerbase WR does not reflect how good or bad a ship is, its very popularity will have dliuted the WR  pool of skilled players.

although I agree it is looking overpriced, and nobody sensible, would recommend a player purchasing GZ. But people still do buy and play her, so WG has little to no incentive to improve her bombers, or to lower her price (for example)

1 hour ago, Meta_Man said:

they could buff my henri,st.louis, le terrible

Le Terrible is frankly overpowered, if you don't have a 65% plus WR in her, you are doing something wrong. Terrible absolutely murders any dd at the same tier, and is the bane of torpedo boats of all tiers, while her ability to stealth torp while flying at 50+ knots puts her on par with  Kleber+Legendary.

Terrible doesn't need a buff, perhaps the skill rework may equate to an overdue nerf.

Edited by hateboat

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles

I am not saying the GZ is the best tier 8 CV , I am just trying to share my knowledge I use with her so some can use her instead of her just being a port queen. I think she can do better than what the masses have done with her so far .

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
3 minutes ago, hateboat said:

avg playerbase WR does not reflect how good or bad a ship is, its very popularity will have dliuted the WR  pool of skilled players.

although I agree it is looking overpriced, and nobody sensible, would recommend a player purchasing GZ. But peoplel still do buy and play her, so WG has little to no incentive to improve her bombers, or to lower her price (for example)

Le Terrible is frankly overpowered, if you don't have a 65% plus WR in her, you are doing something wrong. Terribel absolutely murders and dd at the same tier, and is the bane of torpedo boats of all tiers, while her ability to stealth torp while flying at 50+ knots puts her on par with  Kleber+Legendary.

I keep my LT in the 60%s I was being sarcastic,,,,,,all the boats I named I do well in . I have a ton of LT videos , she is glorious . LT makes this wows even look more like an arcade game,lol.

Edited by Meta_Man
  • Cool 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
1 minute ago, Meta_Man said:

I keep my LT in the 60%s I was being sarcastic,,,,,,all the boats I named I do well in . I have a ton of LT videos , she is glorious . LT makes this wows even look more like an arcade game,lol.

We agree on that, Terrible is enormously fun to play, one of the very few that can make you giggle uncontrollololably while spreading fear, mayhem, murder and smiles all at the same time.

• Cool 1

[META_]
Members
1,667 posts
17,447 battles
Just now, hateboat said:

We agree on that, Terrible is enormously fun to play, one of the very few that can make you giggle uncontrollololably while spreading fear, mayhem, murder and smiles all at the same time.

When playing most DDs I am trying to control a cap and kill the red DD,in LT I am trying to kill red DD and find a slow chubby ship that is unprotected to pull a drive by deletion with those good torps and engine boost .