You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cplchanb

Elite Ship XP Purge Day

13 comments in this topic

[J_R]
Members
23 posts
4,221 battles

Seeing that its essentially daylight robbery right now in terms of free XP conversion rates, I suggest as a act of

good faith to those who have stuck with WoW, that WG lets players once a year or a single time convert all their elite XP into free XP at no charge.

Like many others, we simply cant afford to convert the ship xps that we've accumulated over the years as it would cost hundreds to thousands of real dollars.

It would be great if they allow us even for 1 time to unlock the millions of ship xp

Edited by cplchanb

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,090 posts
20,817 battles
35 minutes ago, cplchanb said:

convert all their elite XP into free XP at no charge.

7WiNFCh.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,047 battles
1 hour ago, cplchanb said:

Seeing that its essentially daylight robbery right now in terms of free XP conversion rates, I suggest as a act of

good faith to those who have stuck with WoW, that WG lets players once a year or a single time convert all their elite XP into free XP at no charge.

Like many others, we simply cant afford to convert the ship xps that we've accumulated over the years as it would cost hundreds to thousands of real dollars.

It would be great if they allow us even for 1 time to unlock the millions of ship xp

26 minutes ago, Lert said:

7WiNFCh.jpg

Yeah, I have 12M ESXP and that would be almost $2,000. I doubt WG would want to give up that much potential $$$.

Edit: Forgot a zero

Edited by Kizarvexis

[CO-OP]
Members
2,683 posts
27,873 battles

A more reasonable request would be a once a year 50:1 conversion rate (100:1 would be ideal, but baby steps.)

• Cool 2

[RLGN]
Members
15,513 posts
27,228 battles
7 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

A more reasonable request would be a once a year 50:1 conversion rate (100:1 would be ideal, but baby steps.)

In any case; (just looked;) 26, 353,579.

• 1,0054,143 doubloons at 1/25.
  • 527,071 doubloons at 1/50.
  • 263,535 doubloons at 1/100.

Even best case, I'm not sure I want to know how much real money that represents... :cap_fainting:

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,047 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

In any case; (just looked;) 26, 353,579.

• 1,0054,143 doubloons at 1/25.
  • 527,071 doubloons at 1/50.
  • 263,535 doubloons at 1/100.

Even best case, I'm not sure I want to know how much real money that represents... :cap_fainting:

25,000 dubs is $99.99

[RLGN]
Members
15,513 posts
27,228 battles
11 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

25,000 dubs is $99.99

So; rounded up for lazy math; $1,100 US at 1/100...

Leeeeeet's not even look at the other two...

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,047 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

So; rounded up for lazy math; $1,100 US at 1/100...

Leeeeeet's not even look at the other two...

Just over $1,200, but not something most people would spend.

[J_R]
Members
23 posts
4,221 battles

perhaps reserve this for those who have been around since the start.

Something of a loyalty gift (5yr loyalty etc) and ratio bonuses for every year/2 years?

I recall they had a 35:1 bonus one time

[WOLF5]
Members
1,351 posts
10,397 battles
6 minutes ago, cplchanb said:

I recall they had a 35:1 bonus one time

They still do from time to time, but it seems to be rarer now than it once was...

[J_R]
Members
23 posts
4,221 battles
9 minutes ago, DJC_499 said:

They still do from time to time, but it seems to be rarer now than it once was...

yea....they dont even recognize long service players anymore.

they used to also give out free commemorative flags for anniversaries but now they just offer "collections"

Edited by cplchanb

[-HUGS]
Members
85 posts
4,389 battles

This suggestion would hurt the economy. They're running promos from time to time, and that's about the best you'll get.   The problem is that they don't run these promos often enough, IMHO.

I once had an idea pertaining to FreeXP conversion, and I am not sure if it has been suggested before... At the start of every patch, allow a certain amount of XP to be converted for free. 10,000 XP maybe. A number that will be low enough to not hurt the game's economy, but still high enough to be significant (almost super container level). 

The goal would be to introduce users to the mechanic, get familiar with it. Rewarding players that are going through each patch, and at the same time, possibly getting new users to look for these promos.

I think that's about the best WG could do and to be honest, I am not really hopeful about it.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,163 posts
13,047 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Argamas said:

This suggestion would hurt the economy. They're running promos from time to time, and that's about the best you'll get.   The problem is that they don't run these promos often enough, IMHO.

I once had an idea pertaining to FreeXP conversion, and I am not sure if it has been suggested before... At the start of every patch, allow a certain amount of XP to be converted for free. 10,000 XP maybe. A number that will be low enough to not hurt the game's economy, but still high enough to be significant (almost super container level). 

The goal would be to introduce users to the mechanic, get familiar with it. Rewarding players that are going through each patch, and at the same time, possibly getting new users to look for these promos.

I think that's about the best WG could do and to be honest, I am not really hopeful about it.

It is a nice idea, but that is $1.60 per player every patch. With 100k players, that is a potential $160,000 in lost revenue per patch. A more likely scenario would be to do it as a Christmas bonus event only once a year.